Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cursor Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
I was just playing with my friend in a dungeon until I couldn't click anything. Seeing as I was still able to type into chat, it wasn't my keyboard (laptop keyboard with mouse). I couldn't click anything and spell cards weren't enlarging when I put the cursor over it, but it was still lit up (when I put the cursor over it) like normal. This wasn't the first time this has happened though, and out of all the people I've played with, this has only happened to me. I also have a touchscreen and even that wasn't working.

Is this because of my mouse or is it a bug in the game?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
This does sound isolated to your computer unfortunately. Are all your drivers up to date? You may want to contact support and provide them with a DxDiag file from your computer to see if they can help identify any issues.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Dworgyn,

I too have had this issue, however it seems to be when my internet connection is spotty. Basically, anytime there are connectivity issues I've experienced this or alternatively just a randomly disappearing cursor. (cards become larger and highlight, just no cursor, though this is slightly rarer than the way described by Valdus for me anyway.)

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Interesting.

Let's be on the lookout for this one. If we can find a way to reproduce it, that would be excellent.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I've never had this with a singe window open, but it's common (for me and friends) when dual or triple boxing. The fix then is to minimize then enlarge the window, or to alt-tab switch windows. Usually when the focus returns to the window, the visible cursor does too.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008