Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Client Hangs Intermittently During Scene Changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2016
Since last Thursday, three computers we have running wizard 101 on Windows 7 have been experiencing this problem. The client hangs when the splash screen comes up about 70% of the time. Wizard processes seem to be active in the task manager, but there is no way I know to recover from this hang other than shutting down the client and logging in all over again. This usually means a lengthy patch download whether or not it was previously done.

A tracert to wizard101.com shows high latency near the target, and a string of timeouts at the end. I'm not sure whether your routers are simply rejecting tracert requests, or if this points to an actual issue.

I've also tried to post this message about three times and was unable to do so, getting a "site cannot be reached" response. I suppose this could simply be an internet issue, but it seems like a thread is daydreaming.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
i have been having this same problem too

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
i am glad someone finally posted about this, was thinking it was just me and was about to rebuild my computer. Its fairly annoying since i hatch/train and garden on all wiz in the morning and have to log in repeatedly when I can not transition to an area.

Hopefully KI can find their server issue and fix it. I am not having issues running any other games or anything else on my computer.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have also had some issues with the Hang up. It happens when I train/hatch pets, moving from one area to another, gardening or just trying to turn my wizard. I have actually been dealing with this for quite some time and just thought it was my computer but if others are having the same problem maybe KI needs to check it.