Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing Parental Controls

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
So I've had my account for 10 years and while I wasn't even a teenager at the time, I am now in my 20's. I have since replaced my mom's parental control email and password with my own since it's obviously no longer needed since I'm now an adult. However, I still have safe chat turned on. When I go to the parental controls panel, it tells me that Chat - Filtered Text is ON (it will not let me change this value) and Chat - Open Text is ON (yet I don't seem to have access to a text box to type anything).
This is silly, I no longer need safe chat and it inhibits my ability to communicate with other players. Does anyone know how I can change these so that I can communicate with other players more efficiently?

Thanks in advance!

Administrator
pony8girl on Apr 3, 2019 wrote:
So I've had my account for 10 years and while I wasn't even a teenager at the time, I am now in my 20's. I have since replaced my mom's parental control email and password with my own since it's obviously no longer needed since I'm now an adult. However, I still have safe chat turned on. When I go to the parental controls panel, it tells me that Chat - Filtered Text is ON (it will not let me change this value) and Chat - Open Text is ON (yet I don't seem to have access to a text box to type anything).
This is silly, I no longer need safe chat and it inhibits my ability to communicate with other players. Does anyone know how I can change these so that I can communicate with other players more efficiently?

Thanks in advance!
Please email support@wizard101.com and we'll see how we can help you here!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
pony8girl on Apr 3, 2019 wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for late response, I read this when you first posted it but reading it now I think I may have misunderstood last time...or maybe I am over-simplifying things in my head now lol

Are you saying that you should have text/open chat but only have menu chat because there is no text box in game?

To open the chat box click enter and it should appear so you can type into it. We can also open it with the hotkey o(the letter, not a zero). Once the text box opens we can move it around our screen and change the size of it (and even the text).

I may have misunderstood the issue and if so, I hope this post doesn't sound patronising! I hope this helps solve the problem