Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change of Age

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Hello all. I am currently having trouble with the Wizard101 chat filter.

I recently came in to possession of my little brother's old account, and have been playing on it ever since. After resetting the master password and changing the email linked to the account, I tried to go in and turn on the open chat option. This frustrates me, because I myself am over 18 years of age, and am more than capable of dealing without the filtered text. I went in to the parental controls, and searched all over for the open chat option. It's nowhere to be found. I would hate to lose all the progress in the story I have made, along with the multitude of crown-bought items, so making a new account under the correct age simply isn't an option.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
epic caster021402 on Oct 7, 2018 wrote:
Hello all. I am currently having trouble with the Wizard101 chat filter.

I recently came in to possession of my little brother's old account, and have been playing on it ever since. After resetting the master password and changing the email linked to the account, I tried to go in and turn on the open chat option. This frustrates me, because I myself am over 18 years of age, and am more than capable of dealing without the filtered text. I went in to the parental controls, and searched all over for the open chat option. It's nowhere to be found. I would hate to lose all the progress in the story I have made, along with the multitude of crown-bought items, so making a new account under the correct age simply isn't an option.

Thank you in advance for your help.
There is unfortunately no other choice for what you can do in this type of situation. Unless Kingsisle decides to change up how Open Chat is obtained, the account you play on will never get it.

There is a way that you can be able to play with Open Chat, but I don't think you'll want to do it. Buy a year-long membership on your current account, a year-long membership on an account that has Open Chat, and ask Kingsisle to transfer the characters over to the Open Chat account. It's really expensive (I think $120 if you buy the memberships when they're on sale), but you'll at least you'll be able to have access to the chat and be able to play on those same characters...

I wish Kingsisle would do something about Open Chat, as your case is not unique and is affecting many other people, too.