Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic loading issue (Bug)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Ever since the implementation of the Fall Update, there's been a bug that is detrimental to Castle Tours. I have seen it posted elsewhere, but I thought it might be helpful to post my findings here anyways. Upon an account's first loading of a house (since the Fall update, including your own houses as well as others') any self starting Castle Magic items (Timers/Start Detectors) will not activate. Any subsequent returns to a housing zone will result in normal loading. Switching characters within the same account, exiting and restarting the game, or restarting your device will result in houses you've visited to continue working correctly. And, just as before, houses you have not visited will continue failing to load their Castle Magic upon first visit. For those aware of the bug, visiting a friend's home on top rated or giving a guided tour are still manageable. But for the purpose of rating houses, this is detrimental; visitors, after all, don't always have the knowledge or ability to reload a house so they might rate it based on its intended state.