Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card Pack Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2009
Hello,

So recently with some of the new packs coming out my friends and I have been noticing that it seems impossible to get any Permanent Mounts. We have been noticing this especially with the new Unicorn Pack and the Professor's Pack.

Between 4 of us, we have not been able to get any of the Permanent Mounts. It's not like we are only buying a couple packs, we seem to have bought more of these two packs than any other packs before. (Minus Mega Snack Packs, because they are great.) One friend, in particular, has used over 30,000 crowns without a doubt. It seems that we do, on average, get a Non-Permanent Mount every 3-5 packs.

I don't know if we are the only ones noticing this. We have also been looking at people's stats that have been using these pack mounts and we have only found, as of posting this, 6 people with Permanent Mounts for both of these packs combined.

We are curious if this is just us, or if some things have majorly changed.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, permanent mounts will always be the most difficult items to get from any pack (right after spells of course).

But it seems that with this new Unicorn Pack though, getting permanent unicorns are a little harder than usual.

Probably it's just bad luck?

But I haven't seen any permanent ones as of yet.

But, regarding the cast symbol mounts from the Professor Hoard's, I've gotten quite a few, so I wouldn't really jump to say that getting the cast symbols are impossible, especially given the amount available in the pack (one for each school; totally seven possibly permanent mounts in one pack).

So, to those with Permanent Unicorn Mounts already, you can probably ask them about their experience with getting the mount.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
Butterflies43vr on Apr 15, 2018 wrote:
Hello,

So recently with some of the new packs coming out my friends and I have been noticing that it seems impossible to get any Permanent Mounts. We have been noticing this especially with the new Unicorn Pack and the Professor's Pack.

Between 4 of us, we have not been able to get any of the Permanent Mounts. It's not like we are only buying a couple packs, we seem to have bought more of these two packs than any other packs before. (Minus Mega Snack Packs, because they are great.) One friend, in particular, has used over 30,000 crowns without a doubt. It seems that we do, on average, get a Non-Permanent Mount every 3-5 packs.

I don't know if we are the only ones noticing this. We have also been looking at people's stats that have been using these pack mounts and we have only found, as of posting this, 6 people with Permanent Mounts for both of these packs combined.

We are curious if this is just us, or if some things have majorly changed.
Hello and I was able to get a permanent unicorns mount on the first try but after that wasn't able to another one. It is possible I have seen some permanent unicorns around.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
If there are only 2 - 3 different mounts, then it's balanced by the amount of the other "stuff" in the pack; gear, reagents, pets. I know I have received 6 pets from this pack ( the highest amount I've ever received ) all of them Death pets ( yay! ) but no cute, fuzzy unicorns.
And a whole ton of Helmets, ( at least 6 ), 2 wigs, one pair of boots, a wand and NO armor. So, I'm guessing that it's just random, the same as any pack.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2017
I got 5 packs. Second pack I got Majestic Unicorn Perm, so probably just bad luck.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It really is the luck of the draw.
There have been some in depth discussions of this in the past if you want to try searching them here or on a search engine site. I'm not deflecting the topic but I'm trying to direct you there on purpose as well as commenting here, because there was a lot of helpful information given and there were a thoughtful opinions posted in the past.

I have no idea if this is imaginary or anecdotal but I have noticed that it seems like the permanent mounts are a lot 'easier' (speaking on a bell curve there) to win on the first day a pack goes on sale (ever.)

I have a theory that with everybody buying the packs at once, the odds turn over more rapidly, meaning you might get out of a bad streak faster and into a good streak. I do notice that there are patches of good prizes and 'bad' ones. Of course everyone wants the rare or epic prizes. Sometimes all you can get is throw rug after throw rug or tons of plants.

I hope you can get your Unicorn.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
If you wind up with a ton of the old style unicorn pets, the landscape of the Avalon land 'castle' is a great place to home them. There is a grove inside the mountain, and more than one grassy area for them to romp including one grassy area around a lake. They look magical jumping and leaping around that land. If you have any horse mounts you're not using, put them there too. The horses (big or small) look amazing on open land.
I wish that the timer on the temp mounts did not start until we WEAR them, because it would seem a good 'consolation prize' to be able to put temp mounts on our land, as long as we wanted to, and enjoy their beauty.