Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cannot see other players, have tried re_installing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2016
I am not sure when my game got messed up, I was in the commons on my way to Ravenwood when my Wiz101 shut off. Whenever I tried to reboot, it would say that I needed to re install the installer. Sounds confusing right?
Then I did, and the loading screen goes really fast, until the very end then it takes like five minutes to load. When I get on, I can't see other players, the mobs all look like the puppet guys, and If I try to go anywhere it will say that I am not ready for said area. Said area being my home, or anywhere else. I have member, and I am good to go anywhere, it simply will not let me. Help? Advice? I am out of ideas...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
When you reinstall the game you lose all the things that were stored on your computer. It takes a while to redownload all those things and the game only does it when it encounters something it doesn't have stored. It will get better the more you get around and more you encounter. As things get stored it'll go away. When it says the area is not ready, just wait a few secs and click the retry.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
You just need to be patient. After any reinstall it can take an hour for the game to fully load. Each place you previously loaded, each mob you previously saw, the computer needs to "re-learn." Keep entering areas so it starts to load them, and then just wait until things work.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2016
seethe42 on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
When you reinstall the game you lose all the things that were stored on your computer. It takes a while to redownload all those things and the game only does it when it encounters something it doesn't have stored. It will get better the more you get around and more you encounter. As things get stored it'll go away. When it says the area is not ready, just wait a few secs and click the retry.
Thanks for the answers! I hope it works, I sure will try!