Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can the Pet Kiosk Please be Fixed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
Unfortunately for those of us trying to hatch a pet at a the kiosk, we have to experience an issue of certain pets posted on the kiosk being "no longer available". I don't understand this issue, because it doesn't make any sense. If a pet is no longer available to be hatched with in the kiosk, then why do they continue to be listed and given the option to hatch with only for us to be given the message that we can't.

It's incredibly annoying, and because of this what I assume to be bug, around 2/3 of the pets I try to hatch with are told to be no longer available. Please please please fix this incredibly annoying bug. If the pet is no longer able to be hatched with, stop listing them on the kiosk.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
I'm really hoping this post doesn't get totally ignored. This issue is very easy to fix and is very annoying to deal with. Please don't overlook this extremely unnecessary bug. Stop keeping unavailable pets posted on the hatching kiosk.

I'm going to investigate this problem.

Hopefully, I'll have a fix in the Spring Update.

Arthur

Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jan 24, 2020 wrote:
I'm going to investigate this problem.

Hopefully, I'll have a fix in the Spring Update.

Arthur
Thank you very very much. Just a simple response like this means everything. Thank you keeping good communication.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
WizardryMastery on Jan 19, 2020 wrote:
Unfortunately for those of us trying to hatch a pet at a the kiosk, we have to experience an issue of certain pets posted on the kiosk being "no longer available". I don't understand this issue, because it doesn't make any sense. If a pet is no longer available to be hatched with in the kiosk, then why do they continue to be listed and given the option to hatch with only for us to be given the message that we can't.

It's incredibly annoying, and because of this what I assume to be bug, around 2/3 of the pets I try to hatch with are told to be no longer available. Please please please fix this incredibly annoying bug. If the pet is no longer able to be hatched with, stop listing them on the kiosk.
You have to refresh the page. You must want a pet that a lot of other people want as well.

I don’t see how this can get fixed unless the kiosk constantly keeps refreshing itself. lol

Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
Blaze03554 on Jan 27, 2020 wrote:
You have to refresh the page. You must want a pet that a lot of other people want as well.

I don’t see how this can get fixed unless the kiosk constantly keeps refreshing itself. lol

You must not understand the issue. The problem is that when pets are done being available at the kiosk, they still remain in the system and offered as a hatchable pet. However, the pet was already removed from the kiosk for staying for it's allotted time, so there is nothing to hatch with when you click the hatch button.

It's not that multiple people are hatching with it, especially because I've also tried very late at night. It can absolutely be fixed, and very easily too. Simply stop allowing pets who are no longer actually available to hatch with, to show up on the kiosk. These pets cannot be hatched with they are just there taking up space, and confusing for anyone who doesn't remember if they already tried hatching with one that isn't available.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
WizardryMastery on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
You must not understand the issue. The problem is that when pets are done being available at the kiosk, they still remain in the system and offered as a hatchable pet. However, the pet was already removed from the kiosk for staying for it's allotted time, so there is nothing to hatch with when you click the hatch button.

It's not that multiple people are hatching with it, especially because I've also tried very late at night. It can absolutely be fixed, and very easily too. Simply stop allowing pets who are no longer actually available to hatch with, to show up on the kiosk. These pets cannot be hatched with they are just there taking up space, and confusing for anyone who doesn't remember if they already tried hatching with one that isn't available.
You do realize ones a pet is hatched with ten times, it is removed from the kiosk. You must of been the ninth person at the time you saw it listed, and then someone beat you to the punch.

If its to the point where the pet is listed, and says it’s unavailable, but is still listed when you click out then back in the kiosk, then yes, that is a problem.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
Blaze03554 on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
You do realize ones a pet is hatched with ten times, it is removed from the kiosk. You must of been the ninth person at the time you saw it listed, and then someone beat you to the punch.

If its to the point where the pet is listed, and says it’s unavailable, but is still listed when you click out then back in the kiosk, then yes, that is a problem.

Yes I do know that, and yes I do keep seeing the same pets being unavailable even after coming back after a day. And I check to make sure it really is the same pets whenever I encounter them again.

I understand what you mentioned could occur, but the thing is I'm pretty sure there aren't 4-7 myth wizards looking to hatch for a perfect triple double pet at 3 in the morning (feel free to judge), thus making a huge list of pets being unavailable. I guess I could be wrong, but it's highly unlikely.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
WizardryMastery on Feb 2, 2020 wrote:
Yes I do know that, and yes I do keep seeing the same pets being unavailable even after coming back after a day. And I check to make sure it really is the same pets whenever I encounter them again.

I understand what you mentioned could occur, but the thing is I'm pretty sure there aren't 4-7 myth wizards looking to hatch for a perfect triple double pet at 3 in the morning (feel free to judge), thus making a huge list of pets being unavailable. I guess I could be wrong, but it's highly unlikely.
Hmm I wonder why they don’t refresh. At any rate, I’m sure they will fix it soon.

Also, I’m not judging, I use to farm Loremaster until the sun came up, back in the day lol