Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon spell bug - Putrescent Wound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
The Ninja Pig spell: Putrescent Wound seems bugged. I cast this twice and both times the 200 dmg part was not cast on anyone, only the -75 health part was cast on all.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
WizzyDizzyDad on Aug 6, 2019 wrote:
The Ninja Pig spell: Putrescent Wound seems bugged. I cast this twice and both times the 200 dmg part was not cast on anyone, only the -75 health part was cast on all.
It isn't bugged. The 200 damage is done over several rounds (it is a damage over time spell). You can see the damage "tick" on every player, each round. However, the unique aspect of this spell is that the DoT does not circle around the enemy player like most DoTs do. I assume this was on purpose so that the other team cannot triage the spell off. In other words, this is a very powerful DoT (even though the decreased healing aspect is not as helpful).

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Oran of Urz on Aug 6, 2019 wrote:
It isn't bugged. The 200 damage is done over several rounds (it is a damage over time spell). You can see the damage "tick" on every player, each round. However, the unique aspect of this spell is that the DoT does not circle around the enemy player like most DoTs do. I assume this was on purpose so that the other team cannot triage the spell off. In other words, this is a very powerful DoT (even though the decreased healing aspect is not as helpful).
Well now I feel dumb :) Thank you for pointing this out.