Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 28, 2010
763
Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.
Super Nova says it will remove the Aura and hit for 535, correct.
It does only if the Aura is local, around the enemy.
Why doesn't it take a Aura off like it say, like Balefrost, or Wyldfire, etc?
This should have been the whole purpose of the spell, to help Balance remove Aura, as it has no reasonable way to do so.
Having it as 60% is not a big deal, but you have to be able to enchant it.
At least let up put a +30 accuracy on it...... c'mon.

Mana Burn is even worst, it doesn't really take away the pips.
It shows the pips gone, but still lets the enemy cast it's spell.

Example,

I was fighting "Foul Skirkers", and one had five pips. I cast Mana Burn and it removes Three pips. He only has two pips left, but he still cast
Orthrus, which is can't do casue it dosen't have enought pips.

If you don't have the pips you can't cast the spell and do damage, but the enemy can still cast spells that it's already chosen, it should do nothing.

These are real bugs in the game right now.

Joe.

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2224
Re: Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.
Lion359 wrote:
Super Nova says it will remove the Aura and hit for 535, correct.
It does only if the Aura is local, around the enemy.
Why doesn't it take a Aura off like it say, like Balefrost, or Wyldfire, etc?


Auras only come from star spells, so Super Nova only removes the circles around the caster. It has never, nor was ever intended, to remove global spells like Wyldfire or Balefrost. Super Nova is the only spell in the game to remove auras, that is what the Balance wizard gains from Super Nova.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
87
Re: Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.
Anyway you put it the balance spells stink. I don't like any of them They are not useful. Don't come here and argue unless you play balance and have a wizard at this level. The spells I would rather just not have. The aura removal isn't necessary because they don't make that much difference with shields etc. and most of the time it removes the aura and does no damage. These spells are no longer in my book. I've used them enough to know i would rather throw another spell and that i do not like them.

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2224
Re: Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.
Heather824 wrote:
Anyway you put it the balance spells stink. I don't like any of them They are not useful. Don't come here and argue unless you play balance and have a wizard at this level. The spells I would rather just not have. The aura removal isn't necessary because they don't make that much difference with shields etc. and most of the time it removes the aura and does no damage. These spells are no longer in my book. I've used them enough to know i would rather throw another spell and that i do not like them.


If you are referring to me, I have a level 80 Balance. I also never stated that Super Nova is the greatest spell ever, only that it was never intended to remove global spells like Joe was describing. Super Nova is broken, but not in that sense.

Some us actually find utility in preventing opponents from attacking an extra 30% or preventing a healer from healing an extra 20%. So when Super Nova is fixed I will happily use it to destroy auras while dealing damage. It, like all the other Avalon spells, are situationally dependent.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of these spells, but please don't disrespect me by accusing me of "not knowing what I'm talking about" because I indicate that Balance wizards are the only school to remove auras (which is a fact).

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
21
Re: Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.
kingurz wrote:
Heather824 wrote:
Anyway you put it the balance spells stink. I don't like any of them They are not useful. Don't come here and argue unless you play balance and have a wizard at this level. The spells I would rather just not have. The aura removal isn't necessary because they don't make that much difference with shields etc. and most of the time it removes the aura and does no damage. These spells are no longer in my book. I've used them enough to know i would rather throw another spell and that i do not like them.


If you are referring to me, I have a level 80 Balance. I also never stated that Super Nova is the greatest spell ever, only that it was never intended to remove global spells like Joe was describing. Super Nova is broken, but not in that sense.

Some us actually find utility in preventing opponents from attacking an extra 30% or preventing a healer from healing an extra 20%. So when Super Nova is fixed I will happily use it to destroy auras while dealing damage. It, like all the other Avalon spells, are situationally dependent.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of these spells, but please don't disrespect me by accusing me of "not knowing what I'm talking about" because I indicate that Balance wizards are the only school to remove auras (which is a fact).


Everything h says is right, May i also say with mana burn is its a reverse judge, An extremely complex situation of when to use it because they could attack and not lose any pips.

Also aura smashing is enchantable, it just doesn't show on the card the difference, it just changes to gold. its extremely well built for 2 pips, enchanted it does 1400 with water works gear and tower of the helephants anthem and ring. How is 1400 damage not worth 2 pips?

What seems to be your problem is there not good for outside arena play, and i agree with that. Mana burn is useless outside of the arena, and for supernova you need to wait for them to cast an aura in Avalon, witch is ok since some are aura-happy so i keep 4 in a deck of around 26.

Also, there not to be used as damage spells incase thats what you were using them as.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
Re: Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.
First of all, aura spells are the star spells like fortify, infallible, etc. Global spells are completely different. Second of all, KI did this purposely to Mana Burn so as to not make it a "global dispel" could you imagine you went first and spammed mana burn over and over just so the other person could never use their high pip spells? Clearly thats not fair, the spell is fine as it is now.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
90
Re: Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.
TheDarkestMask wrote:
First of all, aura spells are the star spells like fortify, infallible, etc. Global spells are completely different. Second of all, KI did this purposely to Mana Burn so as to not make it a "global dispel" could you imagine you went first and spammed mana burn over and over just so the other person could never use their high pip spells? Clearly thats not fair, the spell is fine as it is now.


The spell is not fine as it is now. What evidence do you have that KI purposefully designed it this way?

In some cases, if your going first and your opponent plays a card that is more pips than the amount of pips Mana Burn leaves them then the pips they spend on that card won't be used up at all.

There's nothing remotely "fine" about that, in any sense.

If it is less or equal to the amount of pips Mana Burn leaves them, of course, the spell functions properly.

The effect of Mana Burn becomes equal, if in the negative from first, to a double triple or in extreme rare cases quadruple Elucidate.

Even if you're right and KI did intend this spell to have this drawback, they and you are wrong, since Balance damage got 0 spears for this update and 0 Mass Prisms as well and all bets are on Mana Burn & Supernova to edge the difference.

A more effective Mana Burn is needed that doesn't have certain instances where it mistakenly consolidates enemy pip pools.


Survivor
May 30, 2012
2
Re: Balance Spell bugs, Super nova and Mana burn.
Mana burn doesn't suck/stink Mana burn is great if your balance. For say you are in battle with an Avalon boss that starts off with 7 power pips, He looses some pips and allot of health if you go first. Super Nova can easily kill because in PvP Astral spells are used allot. Have you noticed all the starters in wizard101 are high ranked like sergeants and knights or whatever. That's because of astral spells and treasure cards. Maybe you just aren't so good of a balance or you just don't have such good compassion for the spells they are making.