Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
So i started Azteca with the avalon crafted boots waterworks robe and wintertusk crafted hat and found it challenging at some points but overall completeable.

When i hit level 90 i did tartarus and managed to run it a few times getting Hades vail of woe, Hades armor of mortality, Hades striders of torment and Hades soul scyth. which i thought was a big improvement from my normal gear( i now have much more attack, critical and accuracy, with half the resist and block).

Now im using this gear and mob fights are soo much easier as i dont have to blade or trap as much because i have a 67% chance to critical with vengence. BUT boss fights are awful!! i now cant beat anyone as i die way to quick, i thought hades gear was meant to be a huge improvement but now im seriously thinking about going back. what is the point of having a long dungeon with a chance of getting gear (30 levels after waterworks) if its worse than the gear you already have!

Sorry if i seem mad but i think hades gear should be better for the time it takes to get a group who wants to farm hades not cronos.

Can someone please tell me what i should do as im not sure how to continue.

P.s. i am in Pitch Black Lake

P.p.s i am a level 92 death wizard

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
I asked my wiz friends if Tartarus gear is worth it. They said no. They told me i should wait for darkmoor gear I'm a level 86 storm and waterworks gear is working out for me. But if boss fights are too hard get a questing buddy it's like 10x easier.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hades gear, unfortunately, has some serious defense shortfalls. None of my wizards used it.

My Balance & Fire both got through Azteca soloing on crafted Avalon gear, then with crafted Azteca gear once they were able to complete the crafting quest and upgrade just that little bit.

Do make sure that you get the level 90 ring and athame from Aquila: Alpha & Omega ring, Blade of the Felled Titan. One drops from Cronus and the other from Gladiator Dimarchaeus.

Another thing you can do to help yourself is try to hatch a pet with talents that help in defense, healing, or damage. Wherever your gear is falling short for you, try to supplement that with your pet.

There is decent gear in the Crown shop for level 95 (and level 95 only, the other levels are not worth it). Also, there's excellent gear in Crowns packs if you can stand the 'gamble' of buying them until you get what you need. For death, the best wands come from the Immortal's Lore packs, the best hat from the Road Warrior's Hoard, and the best boots from the Ghulture's Hoard.

My Storm is close to where you are, both in terms of level (91) and location (just finished pitch black lake). She's wearing full Avalon crafted gear, the A&O ring, Blade of Felled Titan, and carries the Storm wand from the Immortal's pack. She has a pet that provides resistance, healing and some extra damage. She's ready to craft the Azteca robe and boots upgrade, but can't until she gets that darn Potent Trap treasure card first.

She's doing fine soloing, at least for now.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven