Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Auto-move when going through doors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2019
When you walk through a door whilst holding down walk, even if you let go of walk it keeps walking without you touching anything. It's very annoying as it means you walk into enemies before the game is even done loading as the page peels away and you have no time to react or stop it.

I am aware you can walk close to the door and just keep tapping the forward key to get it to walk through and not trigger.

Is there any way of turning this off or stopping it in game without having to do this?

Can a dev not just change the walking flag to false whenever a load screen is triggered and just fix the bug?

Administrator
ShadowZz4015 on Jun 1, 2019 wrote:
When you walk through a door whilst holding down walk, even if you let go of walk it keeps walking without you touching anything. It's very annoying as it means you walk into enemies before the game is even done loading as the page peels away and you have no time to react or stop it.

I am aware you can walk close to the door and just keep tapping the forward key to get it to walk through and not trigger.

Is there any way of turning this off or stopping it in game without having to do this?

Can a dev not just change the walking flag to false whenever a load screen is triggered and just fix the bug?
There is no way to turn this off, but we are looking into adjusting it on the server side.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ShadowZz4015 on Jun 1, 2019 wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but when I auto-walk using keys (I don't use the mouse for it) I just press the back key (down arrow or S) when I'm going through the loading screen and it makes me stop running forwards.

Sorry if it's not the same thing, but if it is I hope it helps

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I dont know if this is related, but my questing buddy uses a mouse and he ALWAYS shoots out doors and gets pulled into fights, even when he says he's not moving the mouse. I use the keyboard keys and never have that issue.