Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aphrodite gear bug

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
According to THIS, Gear from Shangri-Ba, Barkingham Palace, House of Scales and Darkmoor can now be traded through the shared bank. I have both the Aphrodite Tanglevine Staff and Staff of Aphrodite's Song, and neither of them are tradeable. You can only get them in the gold key boss in darkmoor part 3. That qualifies them as "gear from darkmoor", so this needs to be fixed

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't know that I would consider Aphrodite gear as Darkmoor gear. Darkmoor gear actually requires completing the dungeon. Just like I wouldn't say the Blade of the Felled Titan is Tartarus gear even though the side boss that drops it is in Tartarus.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on May 8, 2016 wrote:
I don't know that I would consider Aphrodite gear as Darkmoor gear. Darkmoor gear actually requires completing the dungeon. Just like I wouldn't say the Blade of the Felled Titan is Tartarus gear even though the side boss that drops it is in Tartarus.
you need to complete darkmoor parts 1 and 2 to get to the sigil in part 3 to get to the key boss. To me, that IS darkmoor gear. Furthermore, there are other parts of the Aphrodite drops that are tradeable

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on May 8, 2016 wrote:
In order to get to Cronus, dont you have to finish Hades first? If that's the case, then it's the same as DM parts 1&2, and thus is hades gear. it doesnt get dropped BY him, but it gets dropped in HIS DUNGEON. Just like the Aphrodite 2 drops, they get dropped in Darkmoor, which is the location of the boss itself. I could see your argument better if we were saying that the A2 drops were Malistaire drops, which they're not, but darkmoor is the whole area, not JUST the path to Malistaire. Since Darkmoor drops are now tradeable, but the staves arent, yet her rings/athames are, this would seem quite consistent with a bug

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on May 17, 2016 wrote:
In order to get to Cronus, dont you have to finish Hades first? If that's the case, then it's the same as DM parts 1&2, and thus is hades gear. it doesnt get dropped BY him, but it gets dropped in HIS DUNGEON. Just like the Aphrodite 2 drops, they get dropped in Darkmoor, which is the location of the boss itself. I could see your argument better if we were saying that the A2 drops were Malistaire drops, which they're not, but darkmoor is the whole area, not JUST the path to Malistaire. Since Darkmoor drops are now tradeable, but the staves arent, yet her rings/athames are, this would seem quite consistent with a bug
You don't have to fight Hades. You just need to go to Cronus's area within the dungeon.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on May 19, 2016 wrote:
You don't have to fight Hades. You just need to go to Cronus's area within the dungeon.
ok, didnt know that. I thought you had to finish the dungeon before having access to him. However, this doesnt take away from the fact that you have to beat DM parts 1 & 2 before you can get to part 3, and the key boss, that is actually IN DM.