Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Account terms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
So i have been on and off again playing Wizard101 for years now since i believe 2009. I would never want to do anything to risk losing my ability to play or my friend losing his ability to play. My question is If someone gives there account to him is it okay to use it. He said he read about it and it's okay but i'm just not sure. He was given a account. In the terms i see you can not share a account i also see you can't give personal information away, Even though it also says giving personal information away is at your own risk.

The way it happened was, instead of him being given the password or username they met in person and the person signed into the account. He then went to the settings and put in the current password, my friend said he was then told to create his own password and not tell anyone, after they did the same with changing the email and removing the original owners personal information. My question and concern is it that aloud? he wasn't given personal information, he wasn't sharing a account. If this is not allowed can someone preferably a admin explain why? and if it isn't allowed i plan on having him report the situation. Will he loss his account for doing it? if he does the right thing? I am worried for my self because he was logged in on my computer, not sure if he used the account he got but i do let him play his profile on my laptop. Thank you for your time everyone.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
So if I understood you correctly, this is what happened:

Person A is giving his account away to your friend, person B.

Person A signs in to the accounts section, then changes the email setting over to person B's email. He changes payment options over to person B's credit card. Finally, he has person B change the password to something that only person B knows and person A does not know.

At this point, person A no longer has any control over or stake in the account. From all outward appearances, it now belongs to B.

From this point onward, B is morally and financially responsible for the account, since it is now connected to HIS email and payment information. If person B messes up, person A now has nothing to do with the account since he gave it away and person B is the one on the line. If there are sanctions, they will fall on person B only.

---

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this. The only complication I can foresee is if the account is linked to any others in a "family of accounts." If that is the case, then there might be an issue because one account will have 'mastery' over the others. But otherwise, if the account in question is independent and in good standing ... this seems okay to me.

If KI feels differently, hopefully they will weigh in.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Dtrell395444 on Mar 12, 2018 wrote:
So i have been on and off again playing Wizard101 for years now since i believe 2009. I would never want to do anything to risk losing my ability to play or my friend losing his ability to play. My question is If someone gives there account to him is it okay to use it. He said he read about it and it's okay but i'm just not sure. He was given a account. In the terms i see you can not share a account i also see you can't give personal information away, Even though it also says giving personal information away is at your own risk.

The way it happened was, instead of him being given the password or username they met in person and the person signed into the account. He then went to the settings and put in the current password, my friend said he was then told to create his own password and not tell anyone, after they did the same with changing the email and removing the original owners personal information. My question and concern is it that aloud? he wasn't given personal information, he wasn't sharing a account. If this is not allowed can someone preferably a admin explain why? and if it isn't allowed i plan on having him report the situation. Will he loss his account for doing it? if he does the right thing? I am worried for my self because he was logged in on my computer, not sure if he used the account he got but i do let him play his profile on my laptop. Thank you for your time everyone.
It is against the terms of use and I'd advise against doing anything like that in the future. Essentially, no I don't think KI will "come and get" your friend or anything-but it is just inherently risky for both parties involved. Basically if you have account issues-I don't know if KI will or even CAN help you if you use a compromised account. I mean- I don't know why you'd ever want to do this because:

If I was getting rid of the account: Is all of my personal information truly removed including credit card information?
If I was gaining the account: Is this a scam- and the person will be able to re access the account by claiming it to be fraud?

All in all- I STRONGLY recommend doing this sort of thing-even if it is with close friends etc.- Too many potential things to go wrong.