Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A VERY IMPORTANT IDEA

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
in wizard 101,we get to kill monsters,cast insanely strong spells,customize our characters with whatever we want
[even if our fashion sense makes our stats cry for help :D ],
make friends,pvp enemies,and much much more!

there is only ONE thing we need top priority at the moment.....
and that is being able to sell un-needed/un-wanted items.....

we can trade treasure cards,but we can not do anything else,like sell items to shop keepers for gold,or trade other people things like hats,and wands,for gold!

this would help so much,and would make alot more people happy

also,on a side note,why is the in game chat based on things you CAN say,why not what you CAN'T say,let me give an explanation...

we can not say 123456789 or 0,the only thing we can say is one...
if we are above 13,don't you think we know not to give out phone numbers?

you could have a new button in the account that says:

chat:
explanation:if you are above 13,you may opt. to check this:
numbers:1234567890

and mabie any other things,but i cant think of any....

also,you could make the ... into ***'s,so people dont get ... mixed up with just saying ...

mostly i hope you pay attention to the selling items thing,and i do not really care about the chat,i thought i would just bring that to your attention...

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
Um, as far as I know, you CAN sell your unwanted items. When you talk to a shopkeeper, it brings up a window. At the top of the window (in most cases) are two tabs: Buy and Sell. Clicking on the sell tabs brings up your backpack screen. Just select the item you want to get rid of, then hit the small "Sell" button underneath the picture of your wizards.

Now, if you meant selling cards, there's no way to do that.

Hope this helps you out!

~Steven

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
Uh no. Trading items, gold, and anything other than treasure cards would mess up the in game and out of game economy for Kingsisle. If you can just give your friends items then they won't shop or farm bosses anymore. It's no longer as challenging of a game. Also, if you can get whatever you want or need from friends then out of game crown sales goes down. Kingsisle makes less money, and the game gets crumby because of cut backs.

If you don't like it, there are many MMO's that allow you to trade items.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
greyrecliner228 wrote:
Uh no. Trading items, gold, and anything other than treasure cards would mess up the in game and out of game economy for Kingsisle. If you can just give your friends items then they won't shop or farm bosses anymore. It's no longer as challenging of a game. Also, if you can get whatever you want or need from friends then out of game crown sales goes down. Kingsisle makes less money, and the game gets crumby because of cut backs.

If you don't like it, there are many MMO's that allow you to trade items.

The slippery slope argument, heh heh.

Easily fixed. Any items bought with crowns become bound to the original buyer. Cannot be traded or sold, except to NPC's. The rest of the items, especially lower level ones, are not going to effect crown sales in the least.

2nd. This game isn't really challenging.

If Kings Ilse didn't want to hear ideas, they wouldn't have a suggestion forum. It's rather rude of you to tell a person to go somewhere else simply because they made a suggestion.

Survivor
May 22, 2008
I would love an auction house (or, at the very least, a way to trade non-crown items). There is no economy to destroy (hard to have an economy when there are no money sinks, not to mention the 99k hard cap on gold).

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
sethtalgin wrote:

also,you could make the ... into ***'s,so people dont get ... mixed up with just saying ...

i agree, i am CONSTANTLY trying to put "..." but i dont want other people to think i put the wrong thing

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
one the no numbers is to prevent pererts from going after kids
to i think a trade of like type iteams between levels like a level tree balance trading a level tree hat for myth with a friend would be ok
for well by now i guess you know what i mean about the numbers lol

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
87GN wrote:

The slippery slope argument, heh heh.

Easily fixed. Any items bought with crowns become bound to the original buyer. Cannot be traded or sold, except to NPC's. The rest of the items, especially lower level ones, are not going to effect crown sales in the least.

2nd. This game isn't really challenging.

If Kings Ilse didn't want to hear ideas, they wouldn't have a suggestion forum. It's rather rude of you to tell a person to go somewhere else simply because they made a suggestion.

That's true, but I think other items should be bound like Malistaire's items and other rare drops too then. They already have a level cap on some items so that helps.

And I don't think it's rude. This is the way the game is. Kingsisle obviously did this for a reason. Most other MMO's allow for more trading. Most likely Kingsisle has considered it and decided they didn't want it for a reason like they did with PvP wagering. If you don't like their system you don't have to play.

Personally, I like that you have to earn what you use. I think the same should be done with titles. Level 20 characters shouldn't be Savior of the Spiral.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
sethtalgin wrote:

It would be better to stop using ... in a lot of places. Ellipses should be used very sparingly, as most of the time they're used, they serve mainly to make whatever they're contained in harder to read.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
I like the idea that you cannot trade among other players. However, I think you should be able to share with all your characters on your own account. For instance, the bank should show all things placed in it by all your characters. This way if my higher level Balance character picks up a nice hat for a Lifer, I can put it in my bank and have my Life character take it out and use it.

In no way would this mess up the economy, it keeps it amongst yourself still, yet gives the upper levels a chance to make really awesome alts.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
trading items, at the very least to your other characters, is an absolute must for this game to succeed, the fact that you can not help your friends by giving them items just seems out of line with the moral theme that the game is going for, i think the level restrictions on items would prevent anything like power leveling or over powering people, i mean come on, you cant even trade gold to another character

Administrator
Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
TheDeadEye wrote:
I would love an auction house (or, at the very least, a way to trade non-crown items). There is no economy to destroy (hard to have an economy when there are no money sinks, not to mention the 99k hard cap on gold).

that would be nice and i would like that