Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A glitch or am I just 'too foreign'?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2020
Hey lads and lasses, big question to the developers and to whoever is not playing from the US.

For the past week I have had issues trying to log onto either the website, the message boards, or the game itself. The website doesn't load at all and the only reason I have access to the boards right now is because I'm using a VPN connected to servers in the U.S. (which then had all the wizard101 websites magically load). Unfortunately, if I try to use the same VPN to actually play Wizard101, the game does not work presumably as a safety measure of some sort.

Can someone just explain if all of these problems with the game loading is in nature technical, or do I have to now go off presuming that because Ukraine is a country birthing tons of malware, I can no longer play the game? Essentially I will be able to play the game again only once I am back in America? Or maybe Im really in fact overthinking and this is a temporary problem? Did anyone else not based in the US ever encounter this?

Sorry for all the rambling but its frustrating because I play this game with my hard earned money and I am sure for many players who also face technical issues over a long period of time would also be sad if there are constant hurdles which prevent us from playing.