Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Gargantuan Con Game.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
you know there IS such thing as HUMAN ERROR!
kingsisle decided to move the spell locations to make it more challenging to find and learn the spells, complaining dosent get you no where so just calm down, i have to admit that there should be a system that lets you buy back as much training points as you want but they havent done that so what can we do?

just calm down! think of what you got, those accuracy spell can help with with low accuracy spells(e.g storm) if your not happy just buy back the points or wait till they come up with a new system, HUMAN ERROR HAPPENS! YOU CANT EXPECT EVERYTHING TO GO YOUR WAY!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
gargantuan is still at the trainer in the floating land.

you either already learned the spell or you learned another spell instead which left you one point short of accessing gargantuan.

The only change that have been made is that you can no longer get all the spells from the trainers in Celestia base camp. but they are there and very much available.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I just cant stop laughing when i read this. Look you do realize that you have to train all of the strenght boosters to get it right. Plus its not really a bait and switch

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
So here I am saving my training points in Celestia so that I can get Gargantuan. So I have 4 train points and I go there and I take the top highlighted one then the next one is dark then the next one is highlighted so I take that one all the way up to using all 4 points but yet I still did not get Gargantuan because it is still a dark button.

So I go finish Zeke's Lounge Lizards and come back to the trainer and now Gargantuan is no longer on the list. There is nothing left except Giant and Strong.

The whole point of this was to get Gargantuan which in essence, given the fact that the player does not need those sub cards they obtained in order to work their way up to getting Gargantuan, makes Gargantuan from the Sun Trainer a 5 training point card. That's all it is really.

Removing Gargantuan without warning to players who are spending their points in order to get Gargantuan, especially with the best notice available which is the text in the same log in window that warns of the A.M. maintenance shut down, in my opinion is an act of theft of the players training points.

Since I cannot find any information on KI offering any apologies and offering to give the players their Celestia training points back, I consider this to be an act of theft, theft of the players training points, theft of the players time, theft of the players labor AND theft of the subsequent real world CASH that the player is going to have to PAY KI in order to get their training points back.

Yes, THEFT. I think it is BAIT AND SWITCH which is illegal.

So there is the PROBLEM.

What is the solution?

Give back the training points, that most likely, thousands or tens of thousands of players were TRICKED out of,

or,

Remove these permanent Gargantuan cards from the players that have them in their decks and give them their Celestia train(ing) points back.

This whole thing was deceptive and unfair and the only FIX for this is for me to pay KI cash to get my training points back.

My 5 Celestian training points gained so far were ARBITRARILY taken from me.

dude you dont go accusing KI of theft on the boards. if you arent aware of the game gargantuan is still in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you find it in a dungeon. you would be luck if KI doesnt ban you from all of its games

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
Unless I am totally out of my mind or blasted on some hallucinogenic drugs, I know what I saw and I know what I did.

That trainer had Keen Eyes, Accurate, Sniper, Unstoppable and Gargantuan. I go back after getting another another training point and Gargantuan is gone.

4 training points wasted because its going to take 4 more to get Gargantuan when Gargantuan should only cost 4 training points.

I listen to conversation in the chat box and there are other people in the game that are also complaining about losing their training points so I don't think this issue is going away.

Just give me my 4 points back, take those worthless cards out of my deck that I obtained trying to get Gargantuan and we will call it even.

How long can a situation like this persist before the people who lost their training points gather under one roof and demand satisfaction?

In the mean time I'm not going to get any more training points or train any more spells but I will buy back my points and start over.

dude are you listening to anything we say???????????? you dont know what you are talking about and you dont have a clue whats going on.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
jaronuts wrote:
So here I am saving my training points in Celestia so that I can get Gargantuan. So I have 4 train points and I go there and I take the top highlighted one then the next one is dark then the next one is highlighted so I take that one all the way up to using all 4 points but yet I still did not get Gargantuan because it is still a dark button.

So I go finish Zeke's Lounge Lizards and come back to the trainer and now Gargantuan is no longer on the list. There is nothing left except Giant and Strong.

The whole point of this was to get Gargantuan which in essence, given the fact that the player does not need those sub cards they obtained in order to work their way up to getting Gargantuan, makes Gargantuan from the Sun Trainer a 5 training point card. That's all it is really.

Removing Gargantuan without warning to players who are spending their points in order to get Gargantuan, especially with the best notice available which is the text in the same log in window that warns of the A.M. maintenance shut down, in my opinion is an act of theft of the players training points.

Since I cannot find any information on KI offering any apologies and offering to give the players their Celestia training points back, I consider this to be an act of theft, theft of the players training points, theft of the players time, theft of the players labor AND theft of the subsequent real world CASH that the player is going to have to PAY KI in order to get their training points back.

Yes, THEFT. I think it is BAIT AND SWITCH which is illegal.

So there is the PROBLEM.

What is the solution?

Give back the training points, that most likely, thousands or tens of thousands of players were TRICKED out of,

or,

Remove these permanent Gargantuan cards from the players that have them in their decks and give them their Celestia train(ing) points back.

This whole thing was deceptive and unfair and the only FIX for this is for me to pay KI cash to get my training points back.

My 5 Celestian training points gained so far were ARBITRARILY taken from me.
listen, i know i'm a little, no, a lot late in responding to this, but you must be thinking about test still. gargantuan was available for sale in base camp in the test realm version, but when it went live they
changed it and put the higher class spells in other locations. the same thing is happening with star and moon spells. your gargantuan would be in the floating lands, near the shore. KI has no reason to con us out of our training points unless they wanted to downsize the population of the spiral. if your really this upset about it just quit the game, i'm sure you could find something else to do.

cya in the spiral!
paul stormglade, lvl 60 diviner 8)
paul ironflame, lvl 50 pyromancer
paul frostmancer, lvl 5 thaumaturge
paul deathwielder, lvl 5 necromancer

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
Unless I am totally out of my mind or blasted on some hallucinogenic drugs, I know what I saw and I know what I did.

That trainer had Keen Eyes, Accurate, Sniper, Unstoppable and Gargantuan. I go back after getting another another training point and Gargantuan is gone.

4 training points wasted because its going to take 4 more to get Gargantuan when Gargantuan should only cost 4 training points.

I listen to conversation in the chat box and there are other people in the game that are also complaining about losing their training points so I don't think this issue is going away.

Just give me my 4 points back, take those worthless cards out of my deck that I obtained trying to get Gargantuan and we will call it even.

How long can a situation like this persist before the people who lost their training points gather under one roof and demand satisfaction?

In the mean time I'm not going to get any more training points or train any more spells but I will buy back my points and start over.

WEll i'm guessing you are..... lol Dude calm down. plus KI hasnt been stealing your money.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
I am honestly surprised that they even let this message be seen by the general public. I mean really, calling the game owners Thieves? That's just a little far fetched. As some people stated (ill sum this up quick as not waste your clearly valuable time)

1. "HUMAN ERROR" it does happen. If you made the misake you made it. no going back, as life only happens once.

2. Glitch or Bug. seen quite a few bugs on this game in my time (I have been playing since mooshu was the highest world you could access) They happen all the time, you just gotta report the bug/glitch and KI will do their thing to fix it in however long it takes to fix it.

My thoughts: First off, DON'T GO CALLING AN ORGANIZATION LIKE THIS A BUNCH OF PETTY CROOKS! seriously I did laugh a little bit as i read some of this stuff you were spewing out here. It just sounded too ridiculous to be true. second, i have not herd of anyone else who has had this problem. Cause as I read through all these messages not ONE SINGLE SOLITARY TIME did I see someone agree with you. So i have to wonder, are you just full of hot air? My Apologies for being so abrupt with how i am handling this but this seems a little out there to me. I have never seen a glitch as bad as the one you are describing.

Ryan Frostshard- Level 60 Legend of the Ice Arts