Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A false level requirement?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
My life wizard has the tranquil cottage house (which I transferred over from another character) it says it's level 15+ yet my level 5 life wizard can still equip the house.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rachel Dreamsong on Sep 9, 2018 wrote:
My life wizard has the tranquil cottage house (which I transferred over from another character) it says it's level 15+ yet my level 5 life wizard can still equip the house.
I think the level 15+ rule applies to buying houses that can also be purchased for gold, not equipping them. There would be Christmas day tears if a new wizard was given a membership and bundle but couldn't even look at their new house yet! I don't think crown-only houses that come into the crown shop on a limited time offer are level restricted either.

There is no way of knowing whether your higher level wizard bought your Tranquil Cottage for gold or crowns, but also having taken a wizard to level 15+ you've kind of earned the ability to have houses, so when you moved it your baby wizard was allowed to use it

I'm not sure that it is a loop-hole, I think it is probably working as planned. There doesn't seem to be a reason your lower level wizard shouldn't be allowed to use the house you bought and gave to her.

I'm not sure why the level 15+ rule is there but it could be that most lower level wizards just don't need a house yet, don't know about buying things for gold in the crown shop and are already being flooded with information as they start out on their journey. It could be a bit overwhelming if information wasn't staggered in the early levels.

I know this isn't definite answers but I hope it at least gives possible reasons behind how a level 5 wizard can use a level 15+ house