Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

70% punch to enemy 30% punch to self card bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
The card is not working correctly it is giving 70% punch to self and not 30%.

Administrator
Thank you young Wizard. This is listed on our Known Issues page at https://www.wizard101.com/game/help/knownissues

Feint Spell: this spell shows incorrect percentage over players head when cast, should show 30% not 70%. Ignore the 70% text, and go by what the card states, which is 30%.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
Same prob here. The FLINT card is and has happed to not quite do what it should do. so...I don't think using it will make a change.

regards, S.D.S... :(

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
This is a known bug in the viewing (shows 70%), but not in the distribution of pain (you get 30% and the opponent gets 70%). If you do the math you will see it is correctly hitting you and the opponent.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
scpo wrote:
The card is not working correctly it is giving 70% punch to self and not 30%.

UGH I SO AGREE........ But here is a tip, if you are in pvp, and you are death and someone places a feint on you, put lots of sacrifice in your deck. When it is placed, or curse or hex or even a death drap? Just heal with your sacrifice, you not only heal (even if not needed and they will more than likely think you are just not thinking and being selfish by doing so) but, you are way smarter than they think, YOU ARE THEN REMOVING ALL TRAPS AND HEALING RIGHT BACK UP. When a feint is also placed on myself or another team mate, hit them first, they will then get full effect not you or your mate.

Just a thought, but several times after I used sacrifice when trap placed on me, and the opposing team notices what I am doing, almost every one of them will say, "Wow, I never thought of that, smart move" (Especially balance, so you might use your charm, or your tower, but carry extra and you will be fine) I just was able to get my full commander arena gear, which is not easy for death, there isn't any time for traps if you want to win the match, you have to rely on smarts and deck.......

Death is a awesome school, but I read also where it can be weak also. I feel this is true.( Why are we the only school that has to wait until final spell to have a hit all ?? ) If you do not have traps and charms, which take time and is awesome in other battles, but not in pvp unless you go 1v1, death if not followed by another powerful hit, is weak. I usually use scarecrow before another level 7 spell to remove towers, but even with charms, can still be weak. I had several death wizards help me. I would ask them after a match no matter who had won, how they place their deck and so forth. They added me right away and helped a great deal!! :)

Just a few thoughts! ( I also have a grand fire, so I was use to having more damage done in one hit, but Death spells you have to think through. (and the Beagule *spelling, is a AWESOME SPELL!! )

Rylee Darkheart
Level 50- Grandmaster of Death- full arena warlord gear
Level 50- Grandmaster of Fire- full vet gear
Level 26 - Balance
Level 14- Storm

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Woah, how did this go unnoticed till now? even I have flint and use it a lot.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Again, the program calculates the pain correctly. Do the math you will see that you receive only 30% and the opponent receives the 70% increase. The "BUG" as reported on the "Known Bugs" page states that it is only showing the number 70% to tell you it was a feint, but you receive 30%. Simple math will tell you that Kings Isle has fixed the pain portion of the issue. All my characters have faint, and I use it regularly.

This is no longer a bug per se, it is just that you see 70% and have probably over reacted. A little research on your part will show you that you only got a 30% increase in the damage.