Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk; not till dusk...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009

So I have a problem; and I need feedback now. You can tell by my attitude I am not happy.. I started Wintertusk's last quest at 10:00pmish. But it didn't end until 3am.. Who knew a dungeon would take that long? I was at the Four big brother troll things. Anyways, just when I thought I had it finished, which I did, I only got 3 of 4 of them?! What's the deal! This is the final bosses of Wintertusk right!? This isn't fair at all and needs to be changed.. I wasted 5, very LONG hours on the computer, because I couldn't abandon my friend who really needed this quest! So I was forced to stay.. I did the brothers ALL over again, and used up about an hour more of my life.. You need to fix how long the time of the dungeon is.. This is WAY too long, and very unhealthy.. This is forcing kids to waste their real life time, to play this. This is quite wrong.. I want something done about it.. Because 5 hours, in the same dungeon is ridiculous!! I was a grandmaster balance, and my friend was a legendary life. Sure it could've taken longer, but NOT this much longer.. It's unfair because these weren't the only bosses I had to face! There were several more throughout this dungeon. Can you minimize the bosses, reduce the levels, or something? Please??

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Wintertusk and it's final dungeon are all totally optional. There are also warnings that appear before each and every dungeon telling you approx. how long each dungeon takes (unless of course you chose to remove this option). Starting any dungeon at 1000pm is not a very smart thing to do, unless you are prepared to spend the night questing. If it was me, I would have told my "friend" that two hours is quite enough time to attempt this dungeon and told him/her that I have to go. I would have also gotten other wizards (at a later time) who know how to do that dungeon in much less time.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I play when the Europeans play, and there simply isn't that many people. But it said 2 hours, and i expected a little longer, just not that long. It's ridiculous..

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Castorez wrote:
I play when the Europeans play, and there simply isn't that many people. But it said 2 hours, and i expected a little longer, just not that long. It's ridiculous..

Castorez,

Check this other thread below. I believe you might be having the same issue as that wizard, who encountered a lengthy battle due to the tower shield spells. See if any of those tips help to decrease the dungeon run time.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/37698.ftl

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
if the dungeon takes that long,just quit it and starting a dungeon at 10:00 at night is a terrible idea I am only a level twenty-five balance so i have only really been through two dungeons but both were incredibly hard! bottom line wintertusk is not required or the final quest. you wouldn't gain a world or anything it was not life threating important

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
So I have a problem; and I need feedback now. You can tell by my attitude I am not happy.. I started Wintertusk's last quest at 10:00pmish. But it didn't end until 3am.. Who knew a dungeon would take that long? I was at the Four big brother troll things. Anyways, just when I thought I had it finished, which I did, I only got 3 of 4 of them?! What's the deal! This is the final bosses of Wintertusk right!? This isn't fair at all and needs to be changed.. I wasted 5, very LONG hours on the computer, because I couldn't abandon my friend who really needed this quest! So I was forced to stay.. I did the brothers ALL over again, and used up about an hour more of my life.. You need to fix how long the time of the dungeon is.. This is WAY too long, and very unhealthy.. This is forcing kids to waste their real life time, to play this. This is quite wrong.. I want something done about it.. Because 5 hours, in the same dungeon is ridiculous!! I was a grandmaster balance, and my friend was a legendary life. Sure it could've taken longer, but NOT this much longer.. It's unfair because these weren't the only bosses I had to face! There were several more throughout this dungeon. Can you minimize the bosses, reduce the levels, or something? Please??

Yeah, my storm wizard is having the very same problem too. My other wizards have done this dungeon and gotten the four brothers in one fight. But with my storm, the game tells me I have to defeat them again.
What gives?

Fiona Thunder

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ssss55123 wrote:

Yeah, my storm wizard is having the very same problem too. My other wizards have done this dungeon and gotten the four brothers in one fight. But with my storm, the game tells me I have to defeat them again.
What gives?

Fiona Thunder

If one of the brother's dies while you are defeated or ported away, your quest will not update. You will need to activate the runestone/rock and refight the brothers again. You can check to see if your quest updated. If it isn't, your quest at the bottom will say, "Defeat sons of Ymir 0/4."

If at all possible do not flee (and port back) or get defeated in this battle.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
At least raise the xp to like 20,000-30,000 for something to work for!