Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun vs. Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
malistaire still is the biggest threat in the game, here are some reasons why:
1.if you followed the order dorrectly you should face the brothers by themselves, then once you gotten rid of them, you can fight jotun (who is with only 1 brother i think)
2. no matter what you do with malistaire he will always summon three servants to help him, making it very difficult to solo
3.jotun is soloable you just have to do the fights the right way, there was a guide on it but i forgot where it was.
4. malistaire is impossible to solo due to the three minions

so in my opinion Malistaire owns.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Darkrai000 wrote:
1.if you followed the order dorrectly you should face the brothers by themselves, then once you gotten rid of them, you can fight jotun (who is with only 1 brother i think)
2. no matter what you do with malistaire he will always summon three servants to help him, making it very difficult to solo
3.jotun is soloable you just have to do the fights the right way, there was a guide on it but i forgot where it was.

But Jotun is still more powerful! More life always is da BEAST! Like really, i did malistaire in about 30 mins(with two people). Yes, but jotun took me about an hour and a half(with three people). So hah!

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
I think that Jotun is soooooooo hard!
He has 9000 health with two 7000 buddies and one 1000 guy. It's like 24,000 health to beat in all!
I don't mean to get off topic but there is a balance helephant guy in ds in the plaza of conquests. He has 10,000 health.

Paul Legend weaver Lv 50 balance
Flint ice walker Lv 47
Paul Storm wielder Lv 34 storm
He is going to lvl up soon

Hero
May 02, 2009
Darkrai000 wrote:

Actually, Malistiare doesn't summon 3 soul servants to help him when you face him anymore, after you defeat the 4 soul servants, you fight malistiare by himself, 10,000 health in all.

This has happened because of the update.

Jotun is still the same, nothings changed for GH in this update.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
i think that they should just make malistaire at least the same level as juton, instead of lowering Juton because juton was easy anyway even though it was long

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Jotun was harder to fight! Malistaire is hotter! lol

Regards,

Maryanne

P.S Malistaire is easy with 4 people. With Jotun you die you have to be friends so people can teleport back. With Malistaire you can't teleport back but you don't die anyway.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I know this is a good topic to debate about! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?

totally! i'm not to jotun yet and i think if i have to defeat him soon (what level do you have to be?) i do NOT want, and i repeat, do NOT want to have to defeat someone who is, like, worse than the supposedly WORST boss ever, MALISTAIRE! cue scary music! (did i spell his name right?)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Jotun is so strong especially with the other two bosses. I don't know why everyone says that Malistare is the strongest boss And Malistare hardly ever attacks ( I'm a level 39)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
frostdragoness12 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I know this is a good topic to debate about! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?

totally! i'm not to jotun yet and i think if i have to defeat him soon (what level do you have to be?) i do NOT want, and i repeat, do NOT want to have to defeat someone who is, like, worse than the supposedly WORST boss ever, MALISTAIRE! cue scary music! (did i spell his name right?)

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Peterbudaj wrote:
Woah I just got the quest for Jotun, is he really that hard!?

Just make sure you do the dungeons on each side of Jotun's dungeon first to take out his brothers. By doing that, when you face Jotun he will not have his brothers with him.

I have fought him with his brothers, it took me (a Life Grandmaster) and a grandmaster of storm nearly 45 minutes to kill them. So it is possible to battle him and his brothers together.

At another time i helped someone who had fought the brothers in their separate dungeons first. Jotun was without his brothers and not really that difficult.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Well i think Jotun and his bros should be weakened because together they are like fighting 4 Jade Onis

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
pkcahill645 wrote:
I think that Jotun is soooooooo hard!
He has 9000 health with two 7000 buddies and one 1000 guy. It's like 24,000 health to beat in all!
I don't mean to get off topic but there is a balance helephant guy in ds in the plaza of conquests. He has 10,000 health.

Paul Legend weaver Lv 50 balance
Flint ice walker Lv 47
Paul Storm wielder Lv 34 storm
He is going to lvl up soon

Well actually it's not at all like beating one 24,000 because with 4 people much more attacks are used making you have to heal a lot more and some people end up dying if they focus on one person. (which bosses and minions often do to the weakest, strongest, or healer of the group.)

Defender
May 18, 2009
Jotun and his brothers are the hardest bosses yet, but those who have been to the final floor on Briskebreeze tower, probably think Jotun is almost as hard. I mean, sure Jotun could beat Orrick Nightglider by a landslide, but Orrick cheats. Orrick uses 750 damage meteor strikes, and 1,500 damage heck hounds. Jotun doesn't do as near as much damage. He does have his brothers and those are his ONLY advantage. Take away them and he is easy. My point is, Malistaire is NO MATCH for Jotun, and Jotun and Orrick Nightglider are both super hard.

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
Darkrai000 wrote:

um aren't 2 and 4 the same thing? lolz for all i know ! ya also mali (pet name for him since i hate his full name) has a long dungeon before him which IS impossible to solo and has to gurtok demon (maybe possible to solo) but one or two storm lords and those minions are down . still i do feel that juton was a little big for a quest that give people 445 EXP I MEAN REALLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
zoromon42 wrote:
Darkrai000 wrote:

um aren't 2 and 4 the same thing? lolz for all i know ! ya also mali (pet name for him since i hate his full name) has a long dungeon before him which IS impossible to solo and has to gurtok demon (maybe possible to solo) but one or two storm lords and those minions are down . still i do feel that juton was a little big for a quest that give people 445 EXP I MEAN REALLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Yah i know!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Nobody who knows GH plays there to gain experience. They do so to play the game, continue playing a lvl 50 character, for items, etc...but anyone playing there for experience is kidding themselves.

Just do it because you like to play your character, and don't worry about XP.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Malistare is simple . The best spell he has ever used on me is skeletal pirate and I farm him 24/7. I mean Yeva has scarecrowed me twice in the 5 times I fought her. Plus Jotun is storm. The best spell he uses is stormzilla. I personally think they should make malistare harder.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
i have beat both bosses and i think jotun is harder.
reasons why
1 malistaire is all health best spell he has used on me is vampire.
2 jotun has used tempest and stormzilla on me.
3 malistaire calls third minions with 1,395 health.
4 jotun call too brothers with 8000 health.

if you add it all together jotun is harder.

Carlos Willowstaff lvl 50 fire
Joseph griffinhorn lvl 48 balance

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
chuggaaconroy224 wrote:
reasons why

Jotun has used storm lord on me! ITS ALWAYS MEEEE!

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
chuggaaconroy224 wrote:
reasons why

Jotun has used storm lord on me! ITS ALWAYS MEEEE!
rofl bro hate to be you

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
IamLezul wrote:

You have a point they are way overpowered...

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
jotun is WAY harder then malistare it took me 1 hour to kill jotun with 1 person helping me and took me about 20 min to kill malistaire with the same guy so i think jotun is harder :|

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
actualy, if you think about it, malistare himself isnt that powerfull, but it is actualy the dungeons, in my oppinion, that make the difference. sure, you get pulled into battles here and there in jotun's place, bu my buddies and i just threw in one player asadecoy, got arround them, and they fled and ported back.

Unlike this dungeon, maistareis dungeon has enemmies you HAVE TO face, if you want to get through the dungeon. plus they are all hard.

Either way,Jotun IS harder than malistare himself, rgardless of the dungeon, which DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! (plus, i heard that they had malistare crazy hard in beta, but weakened him for the live realm )