Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is supercharge worth it?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I am only in krokotopia now but I was wondering if it was worth it to do parts of Grizzleheim for the spell supercharge. I didn't think it would help in the first arc or parts of the second but is it useful in Azteca-Khryalis areas? I am not planning on doing waterworks so I won't need it for the bosses there. Thanks for the advice!
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary
Sarai Thunderstrider
Initiate

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not really useful unless you are trying for the million damage badge. You'll never need it in a mob/boss fight or dungeon. Takes too long to get all the pips and stay alive as a storm. Much easier to use regular blades and traps and hit quickly.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It still is worth doing the GH quests because you'll need them for later spell/pet quests.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
Supercharge? Worth it xD My Storm has it... And it has saved him big time. Full power pip Supercharge + Full power pip Tempest? OP!!

- Alejandro Story
- Alejandro Story

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You'll want to do GH & RS anyway. You need them for other spells and pets, and to get to WT, which gives great EXP and gold.

Supercharge isn't used too much, but it can come in handy when you need a big hit.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Alejandro Story on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Supercharge? Worth it xD My Storm has it... And it has saved him big time. Full power pip Supercharge + Full power pip Tempest? OP!!

- Alejandro Story
- Alejandro Story
Why does a comment like that from a storm wiz not surprise me . I do not think I could have put it better myself. Full pip super with triple feint waiting? Resist or not, ya wont need converts.

The nice thing about supercharge? It varies. It can be a little added to your attack, or a lot. You charging up for a one hit kill? No problem. Need a little extra boost to push your hit over the top to finish off? Can do that too. It is versatile, and can be used in more than just one way.

It slices! It dices! It purees!

Trust me, considering OP is storm? Once you learn it, you are gonna love it.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
seethe42 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
It's not really useful unless you are trying for the million damage badge. You'll never need it in a mob/boss fight or dungeon. Takes too long to get all the pips and stay alive as a storm. Much easier to use regular blades and traps and hit quickly.
Would it work to just buy the supercharge treasure card?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
glowstorm13 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Would it work to just buy the supercharge treasure card?
You should learn the spell just to have access to later spell quests. Yes carrying a couple TC of it in your deck can come in very handy in certain dungeons.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012