Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gurtok Barrier Demon is SO SO SO HARD

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
5
I defeated him with a Lvl 40 Life Wizard. Surprisingly, that was my first try.
My Secondary School was Storm.

This is what I did...

I pack up of bunch of Krakens, Centaurs, traps, blades, and healing spells.

When i use Kraken, I use windstorm, storm trap, and darkwind
When I use Centaur, I use life blade and life trap.
I also packed some thermal shields and absorb shields.
It took me 8 major attacks to bring him down.

When he put that charm on you, I just ignore it and keep what i'm normally do. But if you want to get rid of a lite ire, that would be a perfect time to use it, but make sure you dont want to use up your blades and traps, you laid on.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
59
alienforce0320 wrote:
I defeated that guy when I was Level 60 and I almost got defeated in 137 health and defeated him with a 245 hit on Judgement when he was 37 health with an Animate treasure card.

That was a record and I SOLOED IT!

I soloed with fire

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
I beat him as a 39 pyromancer... Dont know why you are having so much difficulty...

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
19
I beat him when I was a level 40 Myth, and he wasn't that much of a challenge at all. I thought it was easier because he doesn't have a minion like most other bosses. But, then again I had a Minotaur minion, who took a lot of damage for me and kept healing himself. I also didn't use any treasure cards (except tough). I also did not need any henchmen.



Cheryl

Survivor
May 22, 2012
12
Ronster55 wrote:
I beat him as a 39 pyromancer... Dont know why you are having so much difficulty...


I am a level 42 or 43 fire wizard and to my shock I beat him single-handedly. Admittedly I did it on the second go, with my first attempt not really an attempt as I was low on health before the battle began so fled immediately. I stacked´╗┐ my deck with fire shields and converters before returning. I've certainly had much more epic battles with much weaker fire school opponents.

I must admit level 60 wizards are showing off saying it's easy, you're level 60 what do you expect?

Explorer
May 08, 2010
54
skyrus200 wrote:
KI can you please make the place where you have to battle the barrier demon a dungeon because it has 7000 health that makes it hard.My level 41 balance cant even defeat it!I even tried to get some friends to port but it just said that i was busy on there screens.Again, please make that a dungeon. :) :) :)

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer
feint hext bladestorm hex use ice spells if have

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
55
I know! I'm a pyromancer, and he has so much health I can't get past it because of the resist! :( I know I'm supposed to use prisms, but I can only have four and that's not enough to kill it. How are you supposed to kill it when you're fire? (I am Level 50; should I level up some more before trying again?)

Survivor
May 08, 2012
7
Since this a solo dungeon I was at around level 40. I am myth with a pet that can cast sprite. It also help to have your pet at adult or better. The better your attributes are the more chance you have. It also help to have a high power pip percentage, and having dryad in your spellbook. Fire Dragon and fire elf will give constant and steady attacks. Using feint, blades, shields and traps will give you the advantage. It took me two tries to beat him.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
269
You say 'wow' because someone beat him at level 60, so what?!!!!!! I beat him at lvl 75 and i am only lvl 76 because of the tiny exp. At least it gives you a bit of exp in hrundle fjord.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
12
i did it at level twenty five used chimera tc and spectral minion

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Try blading, shielding and using judgement at high pips over and over, and summoning a minion. And keep shields and maybe even tc judgement in side deck. Hope i helped,

Jasmine FireBlade/Jessica SparkleGem

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
2
I'm a lvl 45 balance wizard and I just beat him with 1500 health still remaining. I used Stormzillla, Ra tc cards, and loaded my deck with alot of shields. Hope this helps.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
14
What I did was, i avoided Grizzleheim. I completed Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Celestia before i wokred on Grizzleheim. It made it much easier to be a legnedary Balance :D. But the only reason I came back to GH instead of working on Zafaria is, I wanted my Judgement pet SUPER bad. The Barrior Demon was stronger then I expected, but being a Balance makes it really easy :-). Make sure to have feints, Balance blade, hexes, elemental shield, and black mantle, and finally the most important of all, Judgement. Good Luck!

Aaron HexSpear, Legendary Sorcerer

No one, and I mean NO ONE can use a Judgement like me.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
55
I was talking earlier about how I was a pyromancer and I couldn't get past this. Well, I finally did it, and here are some tips on how to organize your deck for this battle if you are fire:
-Put in as many converts as you can, and helephants and other powerful fire spells to use with them. Fire blades and feints are great.
-Use ice treasure cards.
-Use life treasure cards like driad and satyr. Also, use the life spell that boosts all healing spells by 65%. It helps a lot.
-Add all pixies and other healing spells you have to your deck.
-Do not use damage over time spells such as heck hound and scald. You would need three converts for them to do significant damage.
-Do not use Wyldfire; it will benefit the boss.
-As many fire shields as you can!
-Fill the rest of your deck with damage spells of your secondary school. I did all of this and finished with over 1,000 health left.
Fiona Mythsinger, Level 53 Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
17
As a balance wizard, I found him quite easy. Heres's how to beat him:
Shield. Elemental Shield or tower shield, or minus 70 shields. Make sure you keep these on you.
Blade. When you have enough shields on you, start to blade up
Trap. Same stratgegy as blading.
Heal when nessecary.
Alternate between shielding, trapping, and blading, and when you can , use judgement.
I did this without TC or feint, so I had to use multiple judgments. He's not that bad.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
3
i thimk gurtok barrier was easy using critical stats and the ice snow angel so it got 6400 damage and then a simple collosues good luck

Survivor
May 17, 2011
49
Mary SparkleBlosso... on Jan 11, 2012 wrote:
I defeated him always having more than 2,000 health. he was very easy because I defeated him on level 57 (still on that level) I used gobbler polimorth (my only one so far) and resited alot! And I used my sprite minion to help. And it worked! It was very easy! :D 8)

Mary SparkleBlossom level 57 GrandMaster Thurgest
(correction: polymorph) (correction: did resist a lot) :P

Mary SparkleBlossom Level 73 Thurgest

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
91
TheGamingZekrom on May 28, 2011 wrote:
KI can you please make the place where you have to battle the barrier demon a dungeon because it has 7000 health that makes it hard.My level 41 balance cant even defeat it!I even tried to get some friends to port but it just said that i was busy on there screens.Again, please make that a dungeon. :) :) :)

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer
I actually just defeated this boss this morning, what I did was put on my 320 critical gear and used 2 feints
mythblade, spirit blade, time of legend, amplify aura, and a mythblade treasure cad and I criticaled,
and hit with orthrus, 765, and 8,795.
He was fairly easy except when I feinted he fire bladed and fire traped and then used Magma Collossus
and almost defeated me and I had to use a Pixie luckily I criticaled and healed 1,000-something.
Those are my tips!
Valkoor GoldSong level 58 myth

Squire
Jul 18, 2010
568
Is he rly that hard? I'm sry to hear... All I can say is lvl 41 is a reall low lvl to be fighting a boss like that!!! Try leveling up to lvl 50 or above to increase your damage and strength. Also use treasure cards!! If you have crowns try using a storm ice r life henchman. Good luck!! I hope my balance wizard can do it.... Lol

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
4
Hehe I remember that boss, It was sooo hard for me since i was fire and forgot to put prisms. I had to use gobbler polymorph ( the only one i had at the time) and the spells it gives were so weak. Then when i ran out of those i had to use my balance spells, which i had only learned up to sand storm so i was putting strongs and giants on them. I ended up beating the boss with a critical locust swarm. Good times :'). Good Luck to everyone out there with the quest. I was level 54 when i beat him.

Jack DarkRider
Lvl 69 Fire Wizard

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
92
Finish Dragonspyre before you do more of grizzelhiem. Then start it again. I did that and had no friends and it was a breeze for me

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
83
He's not hard compared to the final bosses you need to fight to unlock Wintertusk. They are four bosses in one fight. But, we're getting carried away. Back to Gurtok. He's hard because he has lots of health, but if you just go for it and work on healing and other objectives, and not just killing, then you can win. I defeated him on level 52 because I went on to the main line of quests and went back to Grizzleheim then. So, do other quests to level you up and then go fight him again to win easy. I was on Celestia when I went on to Grizzleheim again and finished Ravenscar, because I wanted to be a higher level to prepare for Wintertusk. So if you're stuck on anything, either get a friend or get to be a higher level. But on the last boss before Wintertusk, you really probably have to get a friend. I had to at level 54 even.

Brandon Soulthief
Level 56 at the time, but looking for easy ways to level up.
Grandmaster Necromancer

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
937
I almost died when I fought him.

Then I derped around the cave looking for anything I might have missed: books on pedestals, yardbirds, chests, secret passages, rune stones, etc.

In the process, I clicked on one of the braziers.

Suddenly, I was pulled into a fight. It was the demon again, he respawned behind me when I clicked the fire.

I had to flee, and discovered that because I didn't report the result of the first battle, I had to go in and fight him all over again.

Do not click the braziers after you beat him. Just back carefully out of the room; don't touch anything.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
172
Tips:
Get crowns
Buy good gear
Get minions
Welcome!
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 44

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
230
Shramshrom on May 30, 2011 wrote:
I defeated that guy when I was Level 60 and I almost got defeated in 137 health and defeated him with a 245 hit on Judgement when he was 37 health with an Animate treasure card.

That was a record and I SOLOED IT!
I was lvl 55 when i soloed him.I found out i can make a wraith with a feint hit 3670 with one blade i did it and it criticaled and he was dead.I beat him in 3 min and while losing 429 health.

Tyler Legendfriend lvl 58 (2000 xp left!) necromancer