Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gurtok Barrier Demon is SO SO SO HARD

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
19
Well get an ice henchman. If you cant then just keep on fighting or lvl up by doing other quests and you can defeat him then. If the gurtok barrier demon is in ravenscar second to last boss. Then he was really easy for me. But well i was lvl 60 ice with full waterworks armor. But just try to get a higher lvl before you fight him again or use ice treasure cards

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
19
well you should try using an ice henchman or treasure cards, those could really help if your stuck. It was easy fighting that boss for me, because i was level 60 ice with waterworks armor, but still keep trying and don't give up. :-o

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
3
hes not that hard i just beat him with no henchmens but i would try using storm magic or ice but im lvl 46 so i would train a little

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
172
for one thing it is a dungeon. and also it took me two tries to beat the guy. I'am a level 55 grandmaster pyromancer and on the first try i fleed and then I went back to he dungeon and changed my fire deck to all storm cards and i also put healing spells in it and I put some fire minion cards in my deck( even though the fire minion didn't help much, because the gurtok barrier demon resisted fire). any way the storm cards really helped out since they have high damage, but honestly if you don't have fire as your main school then you shouldn't have problems with the guy unless your wizard is a low level or if your wizard doesn't have very good health but other then that you should be fine.

- john firemancer level 55 grandmaster pyromancer
- valkoor deathmancer level 8 apprentice necromancer

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
123
alienforce0320 wrote:
I defeated that guy when I was Level 60 and I almost got defeated in 137 health and defeated him with a 245 hit on Judgement when he was 37 health with an Animate treasure card.

That was a record and I SOLOED IT!

I beat him on my first try with my level 50. :?

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
22
I defeated the barrier demon at lvl 50 before celestia came out with a fully charged helephant i had my grandmaster gear which made it easy for me cause i got 40% fire resist.
Carlos willowstaff lvl 60 Fire
Carlos willowstaff lvl 60 death
Joseph griffin horn lvl 54 balance
Carlos willowstaff lvl 50 life
Carlos willowstaff lvl 25 storm

Explorer
Aug 14, 2009
65
Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
5
I'm a fire student, and i beat the barrier demon alone and on my first try. I suggest you try a different way of fighting it, because its pretty easy, good luck! :D

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
2
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
71
Yes, indeed, this guy is a challenge. Fortunately, I'm fire, so not many of his moves effect me and I have fire prism. His drops aren't bad, I got a little choo-choo train, compliments to him.

What bothers me, is his 80 percent fire resist, but unless you have a teacher named Dalia Falmea, you needn't worry. It did take me a while to beat this guy, and the experience should be much higher, *HINT HINT*, but you'll get him.

This boss takes more brain then brawn, so you should devise a battle strategy before going underground. You'll need a big deck, as I had to flee once since I ran out of cards. :( And that was the Deck of Reflection.

Don't be afraid of using some Monstrous, if you have any.

It's different for every young wizard though, so just learn from your mistakes. Patience is a virtue.

Tyler Summertail, Level 54 Grandmaster Pyromancer.

"All I know about humor is that I don't know anything about it. "-Fred Allen

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
2
I agree with you... i have died so many times trying to beat that darn thing...i wish they would make it easier, or to at least where someone could go in with you!

Survivor
May 30, 2010
34
Well I am so close to fighting it... But I am ice I think a few bladed and trapped collosus should do it. But I haven't fought him yet so I can't really say anything.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
i am just going to come out and say it stop complaining i did this before i was lvl 47 i am fire and i solo'd him (i dont know about now but when i did it you kind of had to) and i still beat him on my first try my secondary school is life so if you say o well you used your secondary school no i didn't i had almost no converts in my deck and i still destroyed the gurtok demon

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
69
I killed him on my first try at Lv.44,death.All i did was spam mega stacked drain spells and stormzilla.get your Lv.42 spell,then return.
Daniel Skull Blade,Lv 50 necromancer(not in CL!lol)Master of......
DEATH! 8)

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
13
skyrus200 wrote:
KI can you please make the place where you have to battle the barrier demon a dungeon because it has 7000 health that makes it hard.My level 41 balance cant even defeat it!I even tried to get some friends to port but it just said that i was busy on there screens.Again, please make that a dungeon. :) :) :)

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer
Please that was so simple i'm lvl 59 pyromancer and i still beat gurtok barrier demon :) :) :) too easy

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
42
I soloed him on my Life at level 52. First, build up a good defense. You're Balance, right? Load your deck with Weaknesses and keep casting them on him over and over. Use Elemental shields and Fire shields. The trick on this guy is to have the best defense possible. Every now and then, stack up a bunch of blades and traps for a crushing Judgement. But remember, keep replenishing your defenses. It helps to have heals in your spell deck too.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
skyrus200 wrote:
KI can you please make the place where you have to battle the barrier demon a dungeon because it has 7000 health that makes it hard.My level 41 balance cant even defeat it!I even tried to get some friends to port but it just said that i was busy on there screens.Again, please make that a dungeon. :) :) :)

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer
pack elemental shields spectral minion judge feint hex balance blade bladestorm and treasures of cleanse because he uses weakness.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
10
skyrus200 wrote:
KI can you please make the place where you have to battle the barrier demon a dungeon because it has 7000 health that makes it hard.My level 41 balance cant even defeat it!I even tried to get some friends to port but it just said that i was busy on there screens.Again, please make that a dungeon. :) :) :)

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer


i am a level 48 death wizard and i had some touble too, ou should get some of your higher ranked friends to come with you

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
bome1 wrote:
alienforce0320 wrote:
I defeated that guy when I was Level 60 and I almost got defeated in 137 health and defeated him with a 245 hit on Judgement when he was 37 health with an Animate treasure card.

That was a record and I SOLOED IT!
You were LEVEL 60 when you beat him? Wow.
SO! if he was lvl 60 when he beated thats fine all my charcters but my storm defeated him are lvl 60 grizzleheim is a parralel world.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
my balance beat him at lvl 38 or so whats the problem?have elemental shields spectral minion and use judge at full force he becomes easy.

Survivor
May 17, 2011
49
I defeated him always having more than 2,000 health. he was very easy because I defeated him on level 57 (still on that level) I used gobbler polimorth (my only one so far) and resited alot! And I used my sprite minion to help. And it worked! It was very easy! :D 8)

Mary SparkleBlossom level 57 GrandMaster Thurgest

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
5
Not really i was storm around your level and it was pretty easy ;-)

Defender
May 01, 2011
184
when i did him i was level 54 and i only used 2 wraith to defeat him and i had about 2000 health because of my clothes.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
13
He was so easy on my lvl 40 fire wizard (which is now lvl 62) I soloed him no sweat 8) 8)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
I soloed it at level 48, it was actually really easy. Just be defensive and keep those Power Novas in the game.