Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does only one Couch Potato die?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I have a garden of 12 couch potatoes. I take care of it's gardening needs at least twice a day, sometimes more. But occasionally I'll wake up in the morning, log on, and one of my Couch Potatoes will be in a state of dying. Only one.

I revive it, no big deal, but I prefer all my plants to go to elder at the same time, so I can replant them all at the same time. Since one almost died, now I'm stuck waiting an extra day or two for it to go to Elder so I can start the replanting cycle all over again.

The first couple times it happened I just shrugged it off, but it's happened often enough now that I think it must be a glitch.

Anyone else have random plants almost die even though you diligently take care of their needs? Or is it just the Couch Potatoes? I've never had it happen in my Evil Magma Pea garden or my King Parsley garden.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I've had it happen to my CPs, KPs, and EMPs. My King Parsley's are the worst. On one of my wizards, I have a 37-plot filled with KPs surrounded with all of their likes ............ yet, the timing to elder is way off. It seems my plots are separated into time zones. At this point it has 4 sections that get to elder at different times, even though I originally planted everything at the same time.

I dunno. Weird stuff.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Malt22 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I have a garden of 12 couch potatoes. I take care of it's gardening needs at least twice a day, sometimes more. But occasionally I'll wake up in the morning, log on, and one of my Couch Potatoes will be in a state of dying. Only one.

I revive it, no big deal, but I prefer all my plants to go to elder at the same time, so I can replant them all at the same time. Since one almost died, now I'm stuck waiting an extra day or two for it to go to Elder so I can start the replanting cycle all over again.

The first couple times it happened I just shrugged it off, but it's happened often enough now that I think it must be a glitch.

Anyone else have random plants almost die even though you diligently take care of their needs? Or is it just the Couch Potatoes? I've never had it happen in my Evil Magma Pea garden or my King Parsley garden.
Our potatoes have been doing this one also. I have also had it happen with my berries plants and I had a moon one take a week to get off bud stage.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
It is a mystery, and yes sometimes while gardening every 12 hours I've come back to one or two inexplicably wilting plants, doesn't seem to matter whether it's a crown seed or no.

I think maybe Red Barn Farm is bugged for some people, or somehow the plant is tracking all the time you're questing, even if you're not visiting the house with the garden on it.