Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening!

AuthorMessage
This month brings a little life to the Spiral in the form of Gardening.

To get started on your path to a greener thumb, visit Moolinda Wu in her classroom in Ravenwood if you are level 12 or higher.

Students at Ravenwood can plant and grow amazing plants in their Dorms and Castles! Wizards of all schools can garden, so my hope is that every student will learn the joy of shepherding new life!

A plant's journey of life begins as a seed. There are many types of seeds, each with a different destiny. With enough energy, you can prepare soil of your choice in your Castle (if you have one) or a planter in your dorm. Then you can place the seed into the readied soil. After a time, it will begin to grow. You can shepherd its growth through spells and other means of caring for it, creating an environment for it to thrive.

After you've planted your seed, it starts to grow, from seed to seedling, young plant, mature plant to elder. You can use a number of helpful spells to usher it along as it grows, keeping it healthy and happy.

This is a seedling, the youngest phase of life for a plant. You will need Energy to plant a seed in a planter or the ground. After a seed is planted, you can use plant growth spells on it to help it flourish. Plants require some things to thrive and survive: water, sunshine, pollination, magic and even music.

This is a young plant, in its next stage of life after seedling. You can observe your plant's growth visually and by using some simple spells: The Inspect spell provides you with information about your plant's health and needs. The Plow spell allows you to remove a plant or dirt pile, if you wish to do so. The Revive spell allows you to transform a dead plant into a new seedling, ready to grow once more.

This is a mature plant, in the fullness of its growth. When a plant becomes mature, it can be harvested. You can harvest a plant by interacting with it. Each type of plant yields a different harvest: reagents, pet snacks, gold, treasure cards, or more seeds! You can harvest from a plant as long as it's in its mature stage of life. When a plant is in its mature stage that doesn’t mean that you can harvest it right away or that it’s continually harvestable. It means that once every day or so it will be harvestable so long as it’s in that mature state.

This is an elder plant, the final stage of a plant's life cycle. Many plants won't reach this stage! An elder plant can be harvested one final time, with much greater possible rewards. Once an elder plant is harvested, it disappears and cannot be revived.

I'm sad to say that gardening isn't all nurturing and happiness. Plants endangered by some very real threats.

This plant is wilting. It will die before too long if it is not taken care of. Plants can die if their needs are not met, if they are in surrounded by things they dislike, or if they are killed by pests. Plants have likes and dislikes, things that encourage or discourage their growth. A plant's likes are things it enjoyes being near. These can include other types of plants or gardening items. A plant will flourish if it is near things that it likes, while things it dislikes will cause it to become unhealthy. An important part of gardening is learning how to arrange your plants, and create a healthy garden for them.

This plant is dead. Now all that can be done is to plow it over, or to revive it. The greatest threat to plants are pests. Pests can infest a plant and hinder its growth. If pests are not eliminated, eventually the plant will begin to wilt and die. When a plant is infested by pests, it cannot be harvested. To eliminate pests, you must use pest fighting spells. To eliminate a pest, the spell must be of high enough rank. You can purchase pest fighting spells from vendors throughout the Spiral, or even win them as treasures. It's a sorry state to see plants doing so poorly, but it's important to know what risks there are when gardening.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
ic0517 wrote:
Is it me or does young and mature look the same?

They are visually the same, but You'll see in the game that they are different sizes. The mature plants are about 3 or 4 times bigger.

Happy Gardening!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
ic0517 wrote:
Is it me or does young and mature look the same?

if you look closely mature is brighter younge is dimmer. :?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Survivor
Nov 11, 2008
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I have a quick question about gardening. When you scroll over your seed cards in your backpack, it shows the plant's likes, dislikes, and what else it needs. I planted my seed in the ground but now I can't figure out how to view those stats now that it's planted! I would appreciate if someone would tell me a way to look at my seed's stats again after it's planted.

Myrna Dragon
Master Thaumaturge - Level 48

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Tyracia wrote:
I have a quick question about gardening. When you scroll over your seed cards in your backpack, it shows the plant's likes, dislikes, and what else it needs. I planted my seed in the ground but now I can't figure out how to view those stats now that it's planted! I would appreciate if someone would tell me a way to look at my seed's stats again after it's planted.

Myrna Dragon
Master Thaumaturge - Level 48

You can't see everything you saw before, but the likes/dislikes should pop up when you inspect them with the wand. Also, when your plants is infected with bugs, or needs water or sun or whatever, the wand over will reveal that. If you really need to know about the seeds, either go back to the seller, or go to Wizard 101 central, there is a planting list going on with this sort of information.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
I purchased a small flower pot and a small plot of soil. While the game allows me to place the pot where I like. It will not allow me to place the siol inside or anywhere near the pot.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
zanecooper wrote:
:? I went to Moolinda Wu and did not get a seed am i doing something wrong?
if you need a seed for a quest that barly gave you go to the life tree
also barly sells them or get from boss or harvest your plant to get a seed am i right?

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
You can't see everything you saw before, but the likes/dislikes should pop up when you inspect them with the wand. Also, when your plants is infected with bugs, or needs water or sun or whatever, the wand over will reveal that. If you really need to know about the seeds, either go back to the seller, or go to Wizard 101 central, there is a planting list going on with this sort of information.

Thank you! That helped a lot!

Myrna Dragon
Master Thaumaturge ~ Level 48

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
danohi50 wrote:
I purchased a small flower pot and a small plot of soil. While the game allows me to place the pot where I like. It will not allow me to place the siol inside or anywhere near the pot.

The pot comes pre-loaded with soil, just add seed.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Ok it says that once a plant reaches Mature stage it is harvestable once per day.

However, I have a Boom Shroom that reached Mature stage and I can't "Interact" with it.

I'm not getting that display at the bottom of my screen that tells me to press X or left click my mouse. What is going on? When I press the gardening button (lower right corner) and hover over the plant it says I have 16 hours left to harvest. But I can't do anything.

Is there a Harvest spell that I missed, because Farley doesn't sell it, where would I get it?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
This month brings a little life to the Spiral in the form of Gardening.

To get started on your path to a greener thumb, visit Moolinda Wu in her classroom in Ravenwood if you are level 12 or higher.

Students at Ravenwood can plant and grow amazing plants in their Dorms and Castles! Wizards of all schools can garden, so my hope is that every student will learn the joy of shepherding new life!

A plant's journey of life begins as a seed. There are many types of seeds, each with a different destiny. With enough energy, you can prepare soil of your choice in your Castle (if you have one) or a planter in your dorm. Then you can place the seed into the readied soil. After a time, it will begin to grow. You can shepherd its growth through spells and other means of caring for it, creating an environment for it to thrive.

After you've planted your seed, it starts to grow, from seed to seedling, young plant, mature plant to elder. You can use a number of helpful spells to usher it along as it grows, keeping it healthy and happy.

This is a seedling, the youngest phase of life for a plant. You will need Energy to plant a seed in a planter or the ground. After a seed is planted, you can use plant growth spells on it to help it flourish. Plants require some things to thrive and survive: water, sunshine, pollination, magic and even music.

This is a young plant, in its next stage of life after seedling. You can observe your plant's growth visually and by using some simple spells: The Inspect spell provides you with information about your plant's health and needs. The Plow spell allows you to remove a plant or dirt pile, if you wish to do so. The Revive spell allows you to transform a dead plant into a new seedling, ready to grow once more.

This is a mature plant, in the fullness of its growth. When a plant becomes mature, it can be harvested. You can harvest a plant by interacting with it. Each type of plant yields a different harvest: reagents, pet snacks, gold, treasure cards, or more seeds! You can harvest from a plant as long as it's in its mature stage of life. When a plant is in its mature stage that doesn’t mean that you can harvest it right away or that it’s continually harvestable. It means that once every day or so it will be harvestable so long as it’s in that mature state.

This is an elder plant, the final stage of a plant's life cycle. Many plants won't reach this stage! An elder plant can be harvested one final time, with much greater possible rewards. Once an elder plant is harvested, it disappears and cannot be revived.

I'm sad to say that gardening isn't all nurturing and happiness. Plants endangered by some very real threats.

This plant is wilting. It will die before too long if it is not taken care of. Plants can die if their needs are not met, if they are in surrounded by things they dislike, or if they are killed by pests. Plants have likes and dislikes, things that encourage or discourage their growth. A plant's likes are things it enjoyes being near. These can include other types of plants or gardening items. A plant will flourish if it is near things that it likes, while things it dislikes will cause it to become unhealthy. An important part of gardening is learning how to arrange your plants, and create a healthy garden for them.

This plant is dead. Now all that can be done is to plow it over, or to revive it. The greatest threat to plants are pests. Pests can infest a plant and hinder its growth. If pests are not eliminated, eventually the plant will begin to wilt and die. When a plant is infested by pests, it cannot be harvested. To eliminate pests, you must use pest fighting spells. To eliminate a pest, the spell must be of high enough rank. You can purchase pest fighting spells from vendors throughout the Spiral, or even win them as treasures. It's a sorry state to see plants doing so poorly, but it's important to know what risks there are when gardening.

WOOOO thank you wizard101.com for taking gardening to the live realm!
i went to the test realm sooooooo much just for my plants but now there
is no problem with it anymore :-D ty

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
How do i harvest my plant? I do not see any spells that says harvest and my plants are on their way to ancient or whatever the final stage is called but somehow, I cannot seem to harvest it. I tried clicking right and left and walking up to it but to no avail. There is a time on it saynig how much time I have left to harvest it.

Please help. Am just a novice gardener.

Hey how about a pet day care?

oh um letm e know how to "interact" with my plants in order to harvest them.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
i also can not interact with my plants and soon they will be too old.anyone know of a cure for this problem?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
How do i harvest my plant? I do not see any spells that says harvest and my plants are on their way to ancient or whatever the final stage is called but somehow, I cannot seem to harvest it. I tried clicking right and left and walking up to it but to no avail. There is a time on it saynig how much time I have left to harvest it.

When in Gardening mode, just wand over your plant to see how long to harvest.
If you can harvest (0-time), make sure the plant has no needs (water, bees, etc), and leave gardening mode.
An interaction box should appear if you are close enough...'x' to harvest.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I have a question, i can only play on the weekends, if i plant a plant will it die or wilt or something during the week when i cant get on?

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

if you want to harvest plants they must be higher level than yong
also when it says: harvest 0 min
or whatever you must click x

Community Leader
nezby wrote:
i also can not interact with my plants and soon they will be too old.anyone know of a cure for this problem?

There will be icons above your plants that is how you take care of them. You plants have likes and dislikes if you have things around your plant that is likes it grows faster and when its time you will get the X to harvest by simply walking up to it. Some plants also grow slower.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Defender
Aug 26, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
How do i harvest my plant? I do not see any spells that says harvest and my plants are on their way to ancient or whatever the final stage is called but somehow, I cannot seem to harvest it. I tried clicking right and left and walking up to it but to no avail. There is a time on it saynig how much time I have left to harvest it. Please help. Am just a novice gardener.

I believe the timer is telling you when the plant will be ready to harvest, not how long you have left to harvest.

Myrna DreamCrafter
Master Pyromancer lvl - 49

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
How do i harvest my plant? ... There is a time on it saynig how much time I have left to harvest it.

KI should change the text of that message. "Time to harvest" to many (including me) sounds like "hey it's time to harvest!" so clock seems like "time left you have to harvest it" before your chance to get something runs out or something. But that's not what it means.

Actually, "Time to harvest" means "time until you can harvest."

In other words, it's a count down. When the timer runs down to 0, you will be able to interact via the X and harvest the plant.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
braidon1234 wrote:
by any chance, does anyone know where to get the inspect spell?

You don't need it now, They got rid of it in test. Just wand over your plants in gardening mode and you will get all the info you wish.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Paige MoonShade wrote:
nezby wrote:

There will be icons above your plants that is how you take care of them. You plants have likes and dislikes if you have things around your plant that is likes it grows faster and when its time you will get the X to harvest by simply walking up to it. Some plants also grow slower.

well i cant harvest mine and i have been walking up to it and hiting X a million times and it wont work can somebody help me with this problem