Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Tournaments

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
As I was trying unsuccessfully to catch the Purple Grunion, I thought how fun it would be to be able to challenge other players to a fishing tournament. Tournaments could be offered by Lucky Hookline for different levels, in different worlds. Examples might be timed tournaments, where competitors have to catch a certain number of fish in a specific period of time, or a school challenge, where competitors have to catch a certain number of a specific school. Higher-level ranked fisherpeople might be unable to use their high level spells in some tournaments, like PvP tournaments offer matches without added bonuses (amulets, TCs, etc.).

Prizes could include gold, aquariums, fishing luck potions, or even energy gear or energy jewels.

There are players who really enjoy fishing, and I think this would be a fun way to compete, meet new people, and receive nice prizes.

Erin Dusk Weaver, Fisher Queen, off to try and catch that elusive Purple Grunion.

Administrator
Survivor
Jan 03, 2014
I just got the basking in the sun shark for the first time but the question is wt should I do with it? and if there are prizes to be giving away for getting a new fish how do I redeem them?

Administrator
Kaze230055 on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
I just got the basking in the sun shark for the first time but the question is wt should I do with it? and if there are prizes to be giving away for getting a new fish how do I redeem them?
All rules and details for today's tournament are available here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/summer-fishing-tournament-contest-june-18-only-8ad6a41c4e00a10e014e0383beab0dd8?page=1

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 20, 2012
I too think there should be daily fishing tournaments for various ranks of anglers. It would give everyone a chance to get involved in tournaments because most people aren't able to get on the game every day