Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chest fishing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2012
I was wondering what school are chests? I'm fishing for items in WinterWind Tower and was wondering what school type the chests are. I heard it was death but i wasn't sure. Are there different types of chests dependent on where you fish? Thanks

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
nateyblue3 on Aug 29, 2018 wrote:
I was wondering what school are chests? I'm fishing for items in WinterWind Tower and was wondering what school type the chests are. I heard it was death but i wasn't sure. Are there different types of chests dependent on where you fish? Thanks
Fishing Chests can be any school or rank. They have different items inside depending on the location they are caught in.

WinterWind Tower is a great place to fish for mini mana games for your home and you can even get the perm Malorian Dragon 2 person bundle mount if you get lucky! I went for the life fish there because there were always quite a lot of them and they were consistently good for chests.

If you haven't done the new fishing quest in Azteca you might want to complete this as you get the +50% extra chance of a fishing chest spell. You will have to complete the previous fishing quests first but you can port into the area to catch the fish if you're below level to access it independently. It's worth it if you haven't got it yet!

I hope this helps and good luck on fishing chest drops!