Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monster Mayhem too hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
As much as I love monster mayhem and the idea of tight-knit teamwork, it's ridiculous how difficult it is to get a win, and even a round or two completed successfully. I'd say the rate I win solo queueing is around 5%. It's harder to catalyze proper teamwork cooperation in Kingsisle's regard, so I wont be talking about that too much.

For example, Tension Eel, the eel found guarding ring spells can cast 200 damage curse-eater twice in a row if you're unlucky, which has once wiped me three times in a row (400 damage is enough to wipe three idols, being Elf, Fairy, and rat.) Just now, in the Spiral my team got AOE wiped in two rounds, first from a bladed storm AOE, then next by a bladed DOT AOE that totaled up to 525 damage, which is ridiculous when only Wolf Warrior and Colossus can tank the DOT AOE alone.

All of this under a crushing timer, it gets very stressful and is incredibly unfriendly to people new to the event. Often, someone will make the rookie mistake of starting a 3v2 and get yelled at, but people feel the need to coordinate things so because it's near unwinnable if a mistake like that is made. I'd love to see some changes to the game mode to make it more player friendly, or even just participation rewards for failing a boss fight, because the lack of that alone leads people to AFK or leave when something goes awry. Apologies for the rant!