Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Greetings, Wizards!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2014
Why do the aero dwarves dread their past in athanor? Was it because they let the chain of fire and ice break? (I might not remember correctly, but i think they used to live in athanor).

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
@Blaze03554 -

I'm very into revisiting old worlds. Putting in new level-appropriate content in existing areas isn't advisable, but we could do something similar to Wintertusk in Grizzleheim where we open a new wing of an existing world somewhere down the line. We'll see how arc 4 comes into focus.

@BenStormdust -

This strays a little too far into design for me - I expect it's just part of gameplay.

@BalanceOverlord77

1) Thanks!
2) Celestia is a really cool place, with interesting threads future plots could be woven on. I'm not sure about full on time travel per se, but there are definitely things we could run with. The Celestians themselves have always been a favorite element of mine. So many mysteries - how can we not touch on them at some point?

@Alligatorman 900

1) Unsure at this time. My inclination is to take a break from them for a while, but tomorrow never knows...
2) I'm hesitant to speak too much about next year yet. But I can tell you that we are already working on it.

@Ideas086

Considering we've only done a 3 world arc once, and that there are only 2 arcs to compare it to, I'm not sure it's SO obvious. As Librairan Fitzhume said in his first post, we decided to make tighter stories that move faster, and the world level and the arc level. There are things about this past arc that worked very well, and things that could have been batter. We're definitely taking notes and listening to the feedback.

We ended up splitting Empyrea in 2 because the 10th anniversary entailed so much work that a full world wasn't feasible. Like Khrysalis, we aimed for making each half about 60% of Mirage in length, so Empyrea taken as a whole would be bigger than other arc 3 worlds.

I will freely admit that we sett he stakes so high in Empyrea and had so many important characters that the world ended up a little overstuffed. As to the pop culture references, it's ultimately subjective. Did we go too far? Maybe. They were really fun to write that way. More content is coming.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
@BBop6666 -

There's a LOT of dialogue in Pirate, you know - I'm not sure it's as brief as you remember. That said, I think in Empyrea we're definitely close to the limit of how talky things should be. I've always been concerned about the amount of dialogue we put in, and so far nobody has seemed to mind - in some places in Empyrea 2 we in theory should have had more. But your feedback is definitely noted.

As to the number of characters, part of that comes from Empyrea being the end of the arc. Unlike some previous arcs, we kept in touch with old characters more: Mellori is the first non-villain to have a significant role in more than one world. Also, one of the themes we really wanted to hit was the idea of children transcending the faults of their parents: Bat and Mellori are obvious examples, but you see it in Aeriel with Wezlee, Athannor with Lars and Nimbus with Sparck. So in addition to major plot characters we need their kids. And then the idea of the Crew happened, and you can't just have one of the Three without the other two... Etcetera. There were lots of characters. And I agree that too many may have tagged along too much. We will keep a closer eye on that going forward.

As to nightmare Merle... We totally meant for that fight to kick you in the brain. But, I must point out that Mellori didn't "mess up" - as my namesake the Curator said, she lured you into one of her nightmares (a school anxiety dream) to trap you while she ran further into the Reverie - it's her attempt to throw you off her trail. And I can assure you, Headmaster Ambrose was not in any way harmed. He showed up at the Arcanum for the end right as rain.

@Catherine Wilddreamer -

As I mentioned at the head of this thread, I don't do design. We have a whole other team for that. I don't know much about PvP, and am content to leave it to the folks that do. And rest assured, those folks are monitoring the forums, and always taking the feelings of the community into account.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
MrBonehead361 on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
Why do the aero dwarves dread their past in athanor? Was it because they let the chain of fire and ice break? (I might not remember correctly, but i think they used to live in athanor).
The Aerodwarves left Athannor a long time before the Chain broke - they fled their home because of the war between the Fire and Ice Dwarves, a war that left some nasty scars (including The Terror). There's a chain of side quests in the Aero Plains that expains this stuff in more detail. Seek out Constance in Velo City.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
I was reading the Dialogue in the Empyrea quests (not even close to there on my account.. .) and I noticed in the last quest, one of the first things Sybil says to us is that we "have accomplished nothing". Does this have anything to do with the "Nothing" we have to fear? Or am I just being extra paranoid?

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
MrSir1127 on Dec 19, 2018 wrote:
I was reading the Dialogue in the Empyrea quests (not even close to there on my account.. .) and I noticed in the last quest, one of the first things Sybil says to us is that we "have accomplished nothing". Does this have anything to do with the "Nothing" we have to fear? Or am I just being extra paranoid?
That would be telling...

Survivor
Dec 29, 2016
Hmmmm...
Do you hear that...?

S w e e t
S i l e n c e

Wolf DragonSword
()
Level 59
~Bird watcher~

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
So. Here are my questions:
1) If we actually "killed" the storm titan, how would it affect reality?
2) Did we actually defeat Morganthe or is she still live?
3) If we died, would our essence still hold the chains together?
4) When defeating Spider, did it actually possibly affect something major?
5) If we are a "Divine Paradox," that means we shouldn't exist basically, does this mean anything?
6) Is it possible somebody is, "playing with us" as like Thanos was playing the Avengers so he could get the stone more easily?
Thanks in Advance!

Survivor
Jan 26, 2017
Thanks so much for answering our questions! I love reading your replies to all these questions. I had a few more I wanted to ask.

Have you ever discussed bringing puppet shows to Wizard101?

Have the worlds for arc 4 already been chosen? Not asking for what they are, just asking if you guys plan that far in advance.

As far as you know, was introducing the arcanum always a plan after the second arc? And what gave the idea introduce it? I've always thought introducing the arcanum was such a great way to start the third arc.

Again thanks for taking the time to answer our questions! Always great to read your replies!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Curator, I would like to say how thrilled we are in getting to talk to you and answering our questions! I was worried about P101's state because that game's been getting small updates, and the story's state, while not what we expected, being in the dark for long. We've had some doubts, but we're still strong about P101's well being.

Now, to the questions...

1. Right before new content goes to Test, teasers in the form of concept art show up on social media, which is great to build suspense, but now that the latest world's been up, I've yet to ask this request. I know art's not your forte, but, could we see some more never-before-seen illustrated concept artwork of other locations & bosses, etc., like, Grandfather Spider & his Children, including The Rat & his Rasputin guise, the housing gauntlet bosses, & so on? I presume there's plenty more besides what we saw so far.

2. I've asked before & didn't get some answers about this, but, how did King Thermidor & Amadeo know each other very well while we did the Crab Alley side storyline? I presume they had some form of rivalry towards each other. Will that be brought up in a new side content update?

3. I know we're intrigued about arc 4, but I feel P101 should be focused a bit more lately. Can that be done? Still wishing for more adventures there.

4. Just a tiny nod, but, in Khrysalis' Radiance Reborn, doesn't the Celestial Phoenix's facial hair strongly resembles Dr. Ivo Robotnik's(AKA, Eggman) mustache from the Sonic the Hedgehog games? I'm referring to his Classic design, not his Modern design. Really can't help but get that vibe from it, due to being a strong Classic Sonic fan.

Great to know that you're still up and running... just on the Wizard sidelines, though. And thanks for answering!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Tony Gaddis once tweeted a joke edit of the Birthday Balloons mount's idle animation in which the balloons actually get away. One of the comments he made was something to the effect of "Don't worry, it's the Spiral, so they'll just wrap back around." What was he talking about?

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
The Curator on Nov 29, 2018 wrote:
@John the Priate:

Let's see if I can answer in the right thread this time.

Morganthe: We're going to leave her fate unrevealed for now. I won't rule out the possibility of a return, but don't foresee it happening anytime soon.

Favorite fights? Hmmmmmmm... I'm very fond of the Headmaster fight and how it creates a different structure within itself. I like how Rat and Scorpion work together in their fight. And some of the side quest fights are really cool - go play What Big Lies You Have in the Aero Plains, if you haven't already.

Hidden Lands and Broken Shores: We have a history of name dropping worlds and then taking our time to get there. Look how long it took us to get to Empyria after it was mentioned, after all. We're leaving them open as potential future places to go.

Mellori: maybe. I'm not opposed, though I'd like to wait at least a little while before seeing her again.

Sybil: the ambiguity is very deliberate, but I'd trust Ione's reaction.

The crack in Olde Towne: That would be telling. But don't worry, you'll find out...

Rat and Scorpion went to the the Shadow Realm. Where's that? Well, that's a bit of a mystery. But Spider had to have someplace out of Raven's sight where he could hide from her wrath, what with his weakened condition and all. The Shadow Realm is that place. We may deal with it more later, but I'm content to wait.
Talking about unvisted places, I wonder what ever happened to the places metioned in my favorite teacher's role call, Lydia GreyRose of course. I'm talking about the Candied Islands "which runs between the brisk lands of Noedawn (I presume it's spelled) and the frozen shores of Penguinonia". It is stated within the role call that Lydia comes from Caramel, which is one of the islands of the Candied Islands. I hope our wizard (or pirate) vists these places some day!

Survivor
Dec 15, 2018
I have a question why does a lot of the levels have to cost crowns and can anyone show me how to change my avatar o the post thing and not change the avatar in game and I want to know what is the best school to join

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Dinosaurdldlyt on Dec 24, 2018 wrote:
I have a question why does a lot of the levels have to cost crowns and can anyone show me how to change my avatar o the post thing and not change the avatar in game and I want to know what is the best school to join
Hey! Welcome to the Message Boards!

As the lead writer for Wizard101, The Curator is best at answering story or lore related questions. You can ask other game related questions in the other sub forums of the Message Boards.

To change your forum avatar, click the icon beneath your name while you’re logged in and the options should pop up. Click on the one you like the best and you’ll be all set! If you’re still confused, check out this thread HERE.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2016
Just a few more I thought of...

1) Could Spider, Raven and Bartleby destroy all of existence (The universe and timelines) if they wanted to?
2) This "The Creator" Bartleby mentioned, will he, she or it, ever make an appearance or be mentioned again? Transcended supreme beings in fiction rarely make an appearance but it would be amazing to see this being, or perhaps be mentioned again

And speaking of "The Creator" do they transcend Spider and Raven the same way they are beyond the perceptions of mortals?

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
So. Here are my questions:
1) If we actually "killed" the storm titan, how would it affect reality?
2) Did we actually defeat Morganthe or is she still live?
3) If we died, would our essence still hold the chains together?
4) When defeating Spider, did it actually possibly affect something major?
5) If we are a "Divine Paradox," that means we shouldn't exist basically, does this mean anything?
6) Is it possible somebody is, "playing with us" as like Thanos was playing the Avengers so he could get the stone more easily?
Thanks in Advance!
Holiday break over - I'm back! I've got things that demand my attention, but I'll try to keep answering as long as i can.

1) I expect at the very least it would have seriously affected Storm Magic. Any serious disruption of one magical school like that could throw the whole system out of balance. In the words of Ione, "that would be bad."

2) You definitely did defeat her. As to whether or not she still lives, that would be telling.

3) When the Wizard re-bound the core of Empyrea they divested themselves of the essence, so it's not "ours" anymore. The death of the Wizard would not undo everything. Now, are any traces of the essence still in the Wizard? What effects might they have? Those are interesting questions...

4) That would be telling.

5) Hmmmmmmmm... I'd say it doesn't mean you shouldn't exist, but rather that some of the cosmic rules don't apply to you. You're outside the regular order of things. Your exploits up to this point indicate that the Wizard is very extraordinary - being the paradox helps explain why. What does it mean to be the Paradox? That's another very interesting question...

6) Anything is possible...

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
alligatorman900 on Dec 21, 2018 wrote:
Thanks so much for answering our questions! I love reading your replies to all these questions. I had a few more I wanted to ask.

Have you ever discussed bringing puppet shows to Wizard101?

Have the worlds for arc 4 already been chosen? Not asking for what they are, just asking if you guys plan that far in advance.

As far as you know, was introducing the arcanum always a plan after the second arc? And what gave the idea introduce it? I've always thought introducing the arcanum was such a great way to start the third arc.

Again thanks for taking the time to answer our questions! Always great to read your replies!
Puppet Shows: There hasn't really been much talk of bringing them in. The game has done just fine without them, and the concept is woven into Pirate very early, with character creation and what not. I think in Wizard they'd jar a little bit, expecially since there are so many worlds without them.

I don't talk worlds until they're live.

As for the Arcanum, I think the idea came up late in the development of Arc 2 - we wanted the Wizard's perspective on the Spiral to widen, and to shake things up a little. So the idea of the Arcanum arose as a kind of "graduate school" for Ravenwood, or the equivalent of going from high school to college.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
you post excellent responses, thanks!

you mentioned grammas' house side quest, my ice wizard checked it out, ha ha ha, very funny!

i will have that quest in my book for a while i think

bbop

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
Trimond297 on Dec 22, 2018 wrote:
Curator, I would like to say how thrilled we are in getting to talk to you and answering our questions! I was worried about P101's state because that game's been getting small updates, and the story's state, while not what we expected, being in the dark for long. We've had some doubts, but we're still strong about P101's well being.

Now, to the questions...

1. Right before new content goes to Test, teasers in the form of concept art show up on social media, which is great to build suspense, but now that the latest world's been up, I've yet to ask this request. I know art's not your forte, but, could we see some more never-before-seen illustrated concept artwork of other locations & bosses, etc., like, Grandfather Spider & his Children, including The Rat & his Rasputin guise, the housing gauntlet bosses, & so on? I presume there's plenty more besides what we saw so far.

2. I've asked before & didn't get some answers about this, but, how did King Thermidor & Amadeo know each other very well while we did the Crab Alley side storyline? I presume they had some form of rivalry towards each other. Will that be brought up in a new side content update?

3. I know we're intrigued about arc 4, but I feel P101 should be focused a bit more lately. Can that be done? Still wishing for more adventures there.

4. Just a tiny nod, but, in Khrysalis' Radiance Reborn, doesn't the Celestial Phoenix's facial hair strongly resembles Dr. Ivo Robotnik's(AKA, Eggman) mustache from the Sonic the Hedgehog games? I'm referring to his Classic design, not his Modern design. Really can't help but get that vibe from it, due to being a strong Classic Sonic fan.

Great to know that you're still up and running... just on the Wizard sidelines, though. And thanks for answering!
1. That's an interesting idea. I'll make some inquiries and see if there's interest in releasing more "behind the scenes" stuff.

2. The crabs of Crab Alley build their whole society around reputation and convoluted courtly intrigue - so they definitely knew each other, and were rivals. Amadeo found himself in danger of being eclipsed by Thermidor's talents and style, so he engaged in a little skullduggery. As to revisiting Crab Alley, we have no firm plans to revisit it now, but you never know... As Empyrea showed, I'm very fond of giving nods to earlier content. There's 10 years of stuff to mine, after all!

3. As I've said in the past, we're working on it. The readiness is all. I've got several ideas, but they've been slow in coming to fruition.

4. Your Sonic Fu is mighty. I must admit, that had not occurred to me.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
@Average Moe:
What he's talking about is how the worlds of the Spiral work - they're little globules of atmosphere, and in some places the winds wrap around them completely from bottom to top.

@Amber Hawksong:
Karamelle, the world of Professor Greyrose's origin, has come up a lot in conversation. It'd definitely be a vcool place to visit, though I think you'd have to get the tone just right.

@Logann12:
1) Yes, or at least if they couldn't destroy all of existence, they could wipe away all the parts that mortals live in. But any of the others could also stop it through force of will. The fact that the Big Three exist to counterbalance each other keeps existence safe, or at least it was supposed to - the destruction of the First World, what happened right after that with Raven and Spider, and Bartleby's illness left us in a situation where Spider and Bartleby couldn't stop Raven.

2) The Creator... I'm more than content to leave that a mystery for now. Dealing with the Cosmic Three was strenuous enough - I can't imagine going over their heads!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Glad to see you're back! Hope your holidays were good.

I've thought up some more questions for you if you're willing to answer some. I thought up a lot so I don't blame you if you want to skip.

1.) Why was Morganthe so frequently considered to be a threat to the entire Spiral when we were able to defeat her? It's been made apparent that the Big Three are GREATLY above our level of power, so wouldn't she still have been defeated by them if she managed to defeat us?

2.) How was Malistaire able to steal the Eye of History from Bartleby despite the Old Tree's gigantic power? Is it safe to say Bartleby willingly allowed it to happen or is there something we're missing?

3.) We all know that DragonSpyre had their own school trees for themselves. We also know that the Fire tree was spared due to their relation towards the Dragon Titan, but there's another tree that seems to have been ignored as well, and it doesn't have a name. It bears a strikingly similar appearance to Mortis. What can you tell us about that, if anything?

4.) What was it that sent Malistaire "spinning off into the void" back at Xibalba? He seems to think it's us, but there wasn't anything to imply that was the case back when it happened.

5.) Why didn't Grandfather Spider help us combat Morganthe in the same way he helped us combat her minions? On a similar note, did Morganthe know he was helping us, and who he was, to begin with?

6.)Lastly, should the Aethyr Titan be considered weaker or stronger than the Storm Titan proper?

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Well since this thread is still open I’ll ask another.

What is your perception of Merle Ambrose? Clearly according to his lore he is based off of Merlin - King Arthur’s mentor, The Headmaster part is Dumbledore based, so combining those two mythological characters, we got a pretty old, powerful, and wise wizard here.

Would you say he is secretly more powerful than he lets on? It would seem he has been studying magical arts for quite a long time. Does he have the capability to use other magic we have never heard of? Could he polymorph into a thunderbird? If he was still spry could he of killed that Storm Titian? I know we got to see a little in the Reverie, but that was just Mellori’s perception of a dream she was having. It is nice to keep guessing what he is truly capable of, but eventually it would be really cool to see him crack a mountain in half or something. I know he does not have the answer to everything, but it looks like among the folks in the arcanum, he would be the chief scholar.

Also was picking his school your idea, or was that who designed the duel?
I would of made his school symbol this .

If you haven’t been able to tell ol Merly is my favorite character by far!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
The Curator on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
1. That's an interesting idea. I'll make some inquiries and see if there's interest in releasing more "behind the scenes" stuff.

2. The crabs of Crab Alley build their whole society around reputation and convoluted courtly intrigue - so they definitely knew each other, and were rivals. Amadeo found himself in danger of being eclipsed by Thermidor's talents and style, so he engaged in a little skullduggery. As to revisiting Crab Alley, we have no firm plans to revisit it now, but you never know... As Empyrea showed, I'm very fond of giving nods to earlier content. There's 10 years of stuff to mine, after all!

3. As I've said in the past, we're working on it. The readiness is all. I've got several ideas, but they've been slow in coming to fruition.

4. Your Sonic Fu is mighty. I must admit, that had not occurred to me.
Good. I really hope we get to see more in amazing hi-resolution.

Well, thanks for the answer. I've been wondering that since I went through the small side storyline.

Ok, but there are some ideas I would like to see come to fruition, mine being more new housing gauntlets, & new bundles(it's been years since P101 had a new bundle). Hope we see more soon. The P101 canvas needs to grow again.

Well, for someone who's been well used to, & still am used to, the world's famous blue hedgehog's adventures, the Robotnik vibe kinda kicked in the first time I saw the phoenix's facial hair. Surprised no one in the community besides me realized that.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Curator, I really enjoyed the many adventures through the Spiral, but, I do have this to say...

You know how we see elemental mobs, those with metal armor plating on their spiritual manifestations? Well, they were fine enemies, but everywhere in later worlds, I keep seeing more same old, same old mobs nearly every single time I venture into a new world, regardless of 'em being texture palette swaps with different names of old mobs over and over again. I find it to be strongly tiresome.

Being one who expected more originality of any enemy or boss mob, I really imagined there would be different elemental mobs that would've stood them out across the many that had the tired old reskins. When I go to Celestia, I see an elemental mob using an old skin of an old enemy mob, sorta like those in MooShu. I go to Azteca, another mob with the same old skin. Polaris, another, and so on. It really annoys me a lot to see this repetitive trait carry on.

Having understood that decision done by developers to save up some development time and financial cost of making new unique mob variants, through some studying and observation, of course, but there's gotta be a cutoff point on that sooner or later.

The point is, well, I'm extremely tired of seeing whatever enemy mob overusing any same old mob skin in new worlds, like the elemental mobs I've told you about here. It's like trying to squeeze vitality out of something small that's gotten too tiresome. People who had saw that kinda thing before already knew. When will we get to see new elemental mobs with all-new models & texture skins? If anything, at least, PLEASE include them in the 4th arc.

Had to get that out of my mind and heart, because it's been gnawing at my mind for so long. Sorry if I was venting my frustration out, but that had to go.

Please pass this on to KI and their artists, if you can. Thanks! Still love the work done to W101.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
You Probably won't be able to answer these...
But:
1) How were the titans created?
2) If some of the cosmic rules don't apply to us, and assuming cosmic meaning well god-like, does that mean we have ascended to a power that is very dangerous to the spiral?
3) By becoming the scion of Bartleby and the divine paradox, is it possible that we actually infused Bartelby with a bit of paradox essence?
4) How was storm magic affected when we defeated the Storm Titan? Because defeating basically carnation of storm magic, made out of the titans, would have somehow affected the magic. And as many know, a small ripple in a major thing, could mean a lot very soon.