Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Gear For Death Class in Empyrea?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Greetings

I am a returning player after I got an email for the year membership deal. I am max death () in Empyrea but never finished the main questline as I have always done sidequests which brought me to max level. I am having trouble defeating my own level or similar to mine because well... I have to re-learn some strategies since I was in a deeb slumber from the world. Can I have some tips and advice on some decent gear for max level? Even if I have to craft it as I am a champion crafter earned from the crafting quests. Thanks in advance!

Much love from, Fellow adventuring wizard

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Hello, fellow max death wizard! Obviously everyone has varying levels of luck with getting good gear, but hopefully I can share with you some options for gear.

Hats: Dragoon hat from Catacombs would be ideal (but WOW the amount of reagent farming or luck involved to get the drop from Fellspawn is extraordinary), but Vanguard or Soldier's death hat could work too. If you haven't gotten to the point where you can reach Catacombs yet (beginning of Empyrea pt. 2), then the Krokopatra hat from the exalted duel or the Malistaire hat would be okay too.

Robes: Corporal Tenni'syn (Empyrea skeleton key boss) has a really good robe, but I haven't personally had the luck of getting it - feel free to try for it though, as it has some great stats. Malistaire robe is what I use because the stats are still great, but I actually think the Rattlebones robe from the exalted duel may be a bit better (with a card you might actually use), but they're both fairly interchangeable.

Boots: Same thing with the hat - one of the Catacombs boots would be the best. However, the Malistaire boots are another good option, as always. If you're looking for more offensive boots though, I would replace the Malistaire boots with a different option. Omen Stribog (Polaris skeleton key boss) drops some decent offensive death boots (and lots of other amazing gear along with the boots). Grandfather Spider in Mirage also drops good boots if you feel like farming him (I love the all of the Time Warden Galesh boots - great choice). The Dworgyn boots from the Professor's Hoard Pack are also a solid option if you want to buy some packs or get them in the Spiral Showcase events (they also drop at a fairly OK rate).

Wand: Wands are so finicky and really depend on your luck lots of the time. Pack wands are typically the best, but that involves spending money (and having good luck). I use the Eye of the Soothsayer wand just because I got lucky with a drop on my first try, but Qismah's crafted wands are another great option if you'd rather craft a wand than buy one with crowns and good luck (I use the crafted wand on my max balance and love it). Of course, Malistaire's wand is also a great option if you already have it and don't feel like crafting or spending crowns.

Athame: I'd personally suggest either the Malistaire or Morganthe athame. Both are good and pretty interchangeable with slight changes based on your playing style and preference. Blade of the Felled Titan from Cronus is also decent if you have it or want to farm for it.

Amulet: People prefer different cards for their playing style so it's really up to you, but I like the Morganthe amulet because it gives me a deathblade and good stats. The amulet from Shane von Shane is also great if you want an aura and shadow shield instead.

Ring: The Aphrodite II ring (skeleton key boss in Graveyard) is really the best of the best, but it's a pretty hard drop IMO, so I just use the Alpha and Omega Ring from Gladiator Dimachaerus in Mount Olympus. The Morganthe ring is great too (but it wouldn't drop for me after who knows how many times of farming her, so if you can get it then that's another option!).

Deck: Just get one with an extra pip from the bazaar. All of those decks come with minor stats too, so as long as you get one with an extra pip you're golden. Buuuuuut I like the Polaris dropped decks so those are good too if you want to farm (Jeweled Slopes or Rasputin drop them). Good luck on your adventures!

130 130 89 72 54 48 10

Community Leader
Check out this guide and see what you think. It has a lot of options you could go for :)

https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-gear-jewels-mounts/wizard101-best-max-death-gear/

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP