Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Under levels going to Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
Cynical wrote:
Actually my son had a great idea:

A toggle switch on the make a friends selection: that you could change from "any port" to "ask before port"

What do you think about that?

I think this is an absolutely excellent idea; just perhaps another option for "no port", so you don't have to deal with too many little boxes popping up and distracting you at crucial times.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
let me tell you a story bout this: We were on the second to last floor at big benand before we went to the boss my friend went to the comans so get some mana(we had 4 people before he left) we were waiting and then a lvl 15 life wizard ported to me i told he to leave and he would not. A fter a long fight i removed him and ignored. HE STILL WOULD NOT LEAVE. My friend could not come back and he was the last person in both fights. He also did not attack and win he got attacked he healed him self knowing we would not

I AM STILL MAD AT HIM TODAY!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
uune wrote:
How about making it impossible to teleport to a friend in an area you haven't gained access to? This would make people have to work hard to get to good places. I was actually once in a combat where I was fighting two monsters, and a friend teleported in, a monster joined, and they fled. And I only prepare my deck for two monsters unless I know I will need to face more (I do have trasure cards just in case, but it was annoying).

I agree with this is some ways... well first what if you need help from a friend and say they are in Mooshu and you are fighting a super hard boss and she/ or he couldnt port to you because of this? I feel sorry for the person who ported to you and then fled, i have had that before. I think it should just be let the people you want to port to you at that time, when you ask then to, in battle of course but the reglaur teleporting then fleeing id very annoying.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Midsummer wrote:
I beg to differ. If someone knows what they are doing, lower levels shouldn't be a problem. The problems you are experiencing have nothing to do with wizard levels, but they have to do with wizard experience and skill.

Perhaps the problem lies in your friends list. It may be time to go through your friends list and clean it up. If someone is a continual problem and always teleports to you without asking, you need to explain to them what your personal rules are (ie. no teleporting without asking). If they continue to be a problem, perhaps it's time to remove them from your list. It may sound mean, but if they are only "using" you as a means to teleport to a certain area, then they don't sound like much of a friend.

i agree with this!
:D

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
level caps, its ok, but asking for ports ... MARVELOUS! I LOVE THIS IDEA! TY TY TY CYINICALS SON! :) if i were to make level caps, it would look like this
Krok : 15
Marley : 30
Moo : 35
Dragon : 40

Blake LionFlame
Level 47 master pyromancer ( make that 48 YAY! )

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
firedragon1998 wrote:
level caps, its ok, but asking for ports ... MARVELOUS! I LOVE THIS IDEA! TY TY TY CYINICALS SON! :) if i were to make level caps, it would look like this
Krok : 15
Marley : 30
Moo : 35
Dragon : 40

Blake LionFlame
Level 47 master pyromancer

I Think there should be level caps but this my edited system

Kroktopia Level 10

Marleybone Level 25

Mooshu Level 33

Dragonspyre Level 40

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
well i sometimes accidentally get into a fight that isn't mine in dragonspyre. But its okay. Is it hurting you person in any way??? No its not actually its helping

Timothy Battleblade
lvl 22
krocktopia
krock thrasher

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
I kinda Disagree. Yes, people do come to me and run away. But, One of my friends in Dragonsprye needed help and I helped him beat three Verteran terror wings!!!

I also go there sometimes when I port to a friend in need. :)

Jacob ThunderSong lvl 31 Death Wizard

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
timothykirsten7 wrote:
well i sometimes accidentally get into a fight that isn't mine in dragonspyre. But its okay. Is it hurting you person in any way??? No its not actually its helping

Timothy Battleblade
lvl 22
krocktopia
krock thrasher

Well what if your just finishing a battle one monster left with a low HP and your low HP, then a weak guy comes in and in like 3 turns your dead thanks to him so it think you have it wrong

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Midsummer wrote:
Chelkey wrote:
Sorry, but you are the only one opposed to level limits in this post. I just had to toss in my 2 cents as to why your reasoning just doesn't fly.

Just because I'm the only one that posted an opposition does not mean I'm the only one that is opposed. ;)

I do not think level limits are the answer. I have 2 accounts of my own and I frequently use my own characters to help out another character. I have taken a level 15 into Big Ben and I've taken a level 20 into Dragonspyre. I wasn't playing with any friends, so I wasn't putting anyone in jeopardy or causing them to play with a lower level. Why should I not be able to take my own characters in to help out my other account?

I believe the answer is something that has been discussed since back in Beta. I think if you are battling, you should have to accept someone into the same battle before they are allowed in. Level limits wouldn't matter at that point, and you could keep other people out that do meet your personal level requirements.

How many times have you had a battle where you've already killed one monster and the 2nd monster is almost dead, only to have someone and their friend join, bringing 2 more monsters into the battle? I've died from such an instance, because when I had my 2nd monster almost dead, I was very nearly dead myself. Adding 2 more monsters without having a heal spell or enough pips can kill you. Level limits won't prevent this from happening. In each instance that I've had this happen, the people that joined were within a level or two of my own level.

You are deffinately not the only one oppossed to the idea of level locks. I think it is a horrible idea.
I have a grandmaster balance and my mom has a grandmaster death. When I was still in level 20-30 my mom was in DS. I would go to her and help her because I had shields, traps, and blades that would go along with her spells. I wasn't there hurting anyone and was simply helping her and some of her friends stay alive during their battles. Granted while there I had recieved some quests that I wasn't ready for so I saved them until I could do them without asking higher levels for help. And I recieved badges like Savior of the Spiral but didn't put them on until I had done the quest on my wizard when I should have gotten it. It's not about the levels it's about how well they know their wizards and how well they can play. If they are simply there to help out a friend then they should be allowed to come in. I agree that the level is not the issue, any level can hurt you if you are in a battle and they join and bring in more without you being able to heal yourself. But it is just a game and it's a multiplayer game, you get what you sign up for.

*Cori Stardust-Grandmaster Balance*

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
drifblim, i understand thats your opinion, but i have had SO many level 10 people join me on my other wizards! its quite annoying having my minion helping, about to kill the last enemy, then a weak wizard comes, flee's after the enemy comes, and then i die! its very annoying! so i stick with mine!

Blake LionFlame
lvl 48 master pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
I kinda agree with you there, it's not very fun almost dead, opponite almost dead, and have so lower level join the fight, have a monster come in, and flea. It is irritating! But still, I do it (sorry), but what fun would it be? I mean, it's not fair but come on guys, don't be rude. I've done and saved my level 43 friend from dying! My brother is life school (level 23) and ported to me in a battle in MarleyBone and saved MY life! So I think it's fair to give them at least one chance! :-)

Myth level 31 (100 xp till 32) Kroktopia Hero
Account Name: Angus Ash
Friends: Steven Duskshield (fire level 36), and Cody Star (life level 23)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Alex1646 wrote:
let me tell you a story bout this: We were on the second to last floor at big benand before we went to the boss my friend went to the comans so get some mana(we had 4 people before he left) we were waiting and then a lvl 15 life wizard ported to me i told he to leave and he would not. A fter a long fight i removed him and ignored. HE STILL WOULD NOT LEAVE. My friend could not come back and he was the last person in both fights. He also did not attack and win he got attacked he healed him self knowing we would not

I AM STILL MAD AT HIM TODAY!

i feel very sorry for you, but i can also relate to what you are saying. I just got my new house in the castle and lands feature and its me and my friend, and then all of a sudden one of her friends teleports to her, i thought ok well one person not so caotic, but then like three of that persons come and go around through my house. then more people teleport, then more, it was breeding of people and teleports. Then when i went around there was like fifty people in my house and they kept saying "PARTY!" and "Who is the owner?" i got so annoyed that four of my friends helped me get rid of them, but some low level people were like " but i like it here" and "why?" and when i asked nicley to a Grandmaster (yeah i was shocked) said "NEVER!" and ran around. I had such a headache it was terrible, when it was over i was like "Ugh never again" but it was terrible. I will never forget that and i am still very mad at those people who i asked nicley to leave ignored me.
I now share my house with my sister Emma HexSinger, best friend Destiny RoseWhisper, :D and Best friend and homie gee Sarah MistStone. :-) :) :D 8)

Sydney SkullShade 8)
lvl 47 Necromancer.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
I hate i port to friends in a boss chamber in dragonspyre when they port to other friends ! all of a sudden the boss pops up. i have done it before but its very hard i agree with her

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Yup, Those ports can be annoying.. But I got mine to stop, by them askingt to port to me before teh really port.

James WaterBright lvl 49, Master of Ice. Have Fun

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
Simple solution, KI install a busy button which wont allow other to teleport to ya, and install fight button for private or open battle. This would solve the issues of people porting in to places they dont belong and people jumping into your battles. Would solve alot of issues with just these two buttons.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
I just sent an email on this exact topic to customer care. Just tonight I had a level 23 in the Malastaire battle with me. He was not able to keep up, but yet he would join in the number 4 position and not do much. He then gets the spoils of the fight.

I am sorry but I have taken two characters tot he end of the game playing it as it was laid out. The idea of a world minimum level is fantastic. If you have family in different levels, have the higher level come down and help you get up to that level by playing the game. The desire to get to the end, with out playing the game, is simply the need for instant gratification. Take the time and feel the accomplishment of completing something from beginning to end.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I feel if a person is on your friends list, then it is your responsibility to deal with what happens to you because of that. Remove them if they are a problem.

However, lower levels wandering around higher level zones can be a problem.

I wonder if it would be possible to have the lower level ported back out after the battle was over, much like it does for duels?

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I just started Dragonspyre. I have a few lower level friends that are a big help. They know how to play the game and never go after the one Im working on. My friends and I also go to empty realms when we dont want people we dont know joining us. That give you less of a chance for anyone just jumping in.

I also just had to block a "friend" for porting into my high level fights and just standing there. He would bring in an other bad guy and then just spend the whole fight passing, or when his life got low -healing himself. At 1st I thought he was saving up pips to use a big card but after 3 fights of noting I blocked him. I think if you started a fight and no one joined you in the 1st round, a pop up should ask if you would like this person's help.

Did the person who was in my fights and didnt help out at all get any xp for just being there?

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
I totally agree with a request to port option. If we have the ability to accept or deny a request to port this would help solve things. But there is still more. If the option of accepting ones enterance into the battle, this would finalize the solution. I have been exploring DS for the last few weeks, and I have noticed something ironic. There at times are more underlevels that high levels running around. Almost everytime I port to the commons there are 3 to 5 low levels looking for a free pass to ds levels. Last night I was soloing the Gurtoks for my end game items, when a friend appeared than a friend of theirs with less than 1000 hp. Right, I said. If they were to give the initiator of the battle the simple option of allowing or refusing a player from joining the battle, this would solve most problems. The same with porting into areas. In an instance, the initiator of the instance should be able to allow or disallow anyone porting into their instance.

Just my two cents.

Valkoor Titanwraith
Grandmaster Necromancer
Soloed Kensington Park

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
This will not be popular among many, but I must speak up. My understanding is this game is heavily marketed on Cartoon Network during times when 4-12 year olds are watching. This left me with the impression this game is marketed to the younger crowd. Though it is challenging enough for adults. The game is designed to be very family friendly. I play it with my children.

They often help me and I them. Now they also use it to chat, go to each other's houses and play hide and seek or pretend. Before my kids got their mansions, I'd go to mine and they would teleport to it and invite their friends. I'd leave and go about my merry battling ways. There is nothing they can do to "your" house to ruin it. It might be annoying but beyond that I don't see stressing over it. I also may be more forgiving as I realize these are children. I gently guide my kids in "Netiquette" but allow my children the freedom to learn.

As for people porting to you in battle, it happens. I try to always keep my health where if a new opponent comes in, I can manage. It's not to say I've never put someone on ignore who got annoying but overall I recognize this to be an all age game and that there will always be younger, less aware players.

Then again, having 5 children may have made me too tolerant, ;)

Kaitlyn Ashflower, level 45, Fire with Storm concentrations.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
nimbysep wrote:
personaly i don't think there should be a limit to who can come were i think that when someone wants to port to you you should get a message asking if you want them to if not you should be able to decline. this will solve the to low porting and fleeing leaing the higher level opent to accept those they know will stick to a plan and fight to the end. Just last night i was on quest to malisair's lair, all of my friends know to ask before porting, my friends friends do not. we had to of her friends port and run which left me stuck i could not do my quest cause i did not have three to open the door a wasted two hour endever on my part which left me very very fustraited.
well i have a problem with people porting to my house without my permition if i am orginizing some thing in my house they just feel like poofing in and i hate that and some people HAVE then nerv to actually call their friends and start a party AT YUOR HOUSE its ok if they have your permitiion but seriously there should be something that if you click on some one in your house you can just click a button that says banish or take back invitation and they wuld be were they were before porting to you

Survivor
Jul 07, 2008
Yes we need this, i think that it should be for mooshu too. maybe the level limit should be 40 for dragonspyre and 30 for mooshu and maybe 20 for marlybone. Krokotopia should not have a level limit it is only the second world.