Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
21
Dear Malistaire,

Why are you so weak? Yes, you do have 10,000 health, but that's not the point. The point is that you cast very weak spells. The strongest spell you cast is either a Kraken or a Scarecrow. That's so weak! We all know that you can either be more challenging or you can just kick yourself out of the Spiral. Is this what we get for a final boss? Well, you used to be a final boss. Even the Waterworks boss, Sylvester Glowstorm is stronger than you! You know better.

Sincerely,

Mason Deathwalker
Level 45 Master Diviner

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
kingamebass wrote:
Dear Malistaire,

Why are you so weak? Yes, you do have 10,000 health, but that's not the point. The point is that you cast very weak spells. The strongest spell you cast is either a Kraken or a Scarecrow. That's so weak! We all know that you can either be more challenging or you can just kick yourself out of the Spiral. Is this what we get for a final boss? Well, you used to be a final boss. Even the Waterworks boss, Sylvester Glowstorm is stronger than you! You know better.

Sincerely,

Mason Deathwalker
Level 45 Master Diviner


Dear Malistaire,

So, let me get this straight- you're giving this Mason guy Krakens and Scarecrows, while the best I get is a skeletal pirate... is it because I'm a Balance wiz and a girl? LAME.

I'd like to say that you're still my favourite boss, but I don't know... I can't respect a guy who's that afraid of me; it makes you look like a sissy. Just sayin'.

I have a proposition for you. How about I take over Dragonspyre, you join me, and I'll show you how to be a real villain? It might even be fun (I'll even bring cookies for the big, scary Dragon Titan, so it doesn't eat us).

Peace, love, and fluffy bunnies!
(since that's what fighting you makes me think of)

El Veeb/Shadowsong
transcendent sorceress

PS: Where is my level 50 gear? It's only been 25 levels!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Do me a favor if you think He is weak:

1. Solo his entire dungeon as a level 80. (Done that already)
2. Solo his entire dungeon as a level 70 (Done that already)
3. Solo his entire dungeon as a level 60. (Done that already)
4. Solo his entire dungeon as a level 50. (Done that already, when 50 was max cap. I barely beat malistaire with less than 300 health)

Now, come back to me, was malistaire "weak"?

What? were you hoping for a 100,000 health boss? To bad, not your day, your going to stay at the health you have to deal with.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
Dear Ronster55,

I like the way you think, but I'm curious- how long ago did you solo at level 50? My Balance wiz got there about 6 months before the update that allowed us to solo the instance, but I did the same as you at level 60/70, and (more recently) soloed at level 49 with my necro. And don't you think it would be kinda cool, if KI brought 100K Malistaire back for level 70-80?

I wouldn't call him weak- in fact, I once forgot to fill my health before going in and (combined with a few badly-timed fizzles in a row) he knocked my level 65 self down to only 500 health before Availing Hands criticaled and I got most of it back. That said, those Gurtok demons are much worse- at least Malistaire doesn't spam Tower Shields as well.

Happy travels,

L.S.
transcendent/78

-

Dear Malistaire,

Thank you for finally dropping my level 50 gear, 26 levels after the fact. Better late then never, I suppose... I guess you can stay my favourite boss for now, at least until Mithraya does something truly epic. But just because I like you doesn't mean that spamming Weakness at me is okay- I stack Unbalance (and will spam Weakness right back, should the situation call for it).

(and I agree with Ronster55- you're not weak but, let's face it, I just get better with age!)

Think happy thoughts!

L.S.
transcendent/78

Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
21
first of all he only has 10,000 health and the strongest spell he casts is a scarecrow with puny damage or a kraken.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Malistare, weak? His health use to be like 100, 000 and he use to cheat (no, i did not play Wizard101 at that time. Now do this:
Solo his dungeon at lvl 50, 60, 70, and 80. (As Ronster55 said this already)
Now, tell me is he weak now?

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
I liked that enhanced version of him in test realm better, it made things interesting. And yes the current malistaire wasn't hard to beat, it was just kinda boring, it just took forever. I was able to solo it (barely) and I was lvl 50 storm.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
AstroStorm wrote:
I liked that enhanced version of him in test realm better, it made things interesting. And yes the current malistaire wasn't hard to beat, it was just kinda boring, it just took forever. I was able to solo it (barely) and I was lvl 50 storm.


Dear AstroStorm,

I agree with you, on all counts. Sadly, I wasn't around when that test-realm was out, but I have seen countless videos of it on Youtube and wish that it was still an option for us high-level wizards. Curse all those people complaining... KI should turn them all into Soul Servants (see? I'd make a good villain)!

Cookies, or your soul!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

-

Dear Malistaire,

Thirty levels later, and I'm still awesome! In case that last thrashing wasn't enough, my level 44 Storm wiz should be paying you a visit very shortly...

El Veeb/Charlie Sheen
(Winning!)

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
Dear Malistaire,

When I brought my Balance wiz to you a while back, it was not easy, because it was my first wizard and I didn't know what to expect. I was lucky to have some help at the time and I defeated you.

When I brought my level 80 Balance back to see you again, I did it alone. Not only did I go ahead and defeat ALL the minions that were buffering the various entrances to your lair, I was able to take you out easily. But alas, I was still not able to get my Balance gear.

My Ice at level 50 was able to eat you alive for breakfast by herself (yum yum). The next one in my family will be Death, then Myth, Fire, and finally, Storm.

Be afraid of the QueQueg army. Be very afraid .......

(and to quote one of my favorite posters):

"Peace, love, and fluffy bunnies! "


Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
QueQueg wrote:
Dear Malistaire,

When I brought my Balance wiz to you a while back, it was not easy, because it was my first wizard and I didn't know what to expect. I was lucky to have some help at the time and I defeated you.

When I brought my level 80 Balance back to see you again, I did it alone. Not only did I go ahead and defeat ALL the minions that were buffering the various entrances to your lair, I was able to take you out easily. But alas, I was still not able to get my Balance gear.

My Ice at level 50 was able to eat you alive for breakfast by herself (yum yum). The next one in my family will be Death, then Myth, Fire, and finally, Storm.

Be afraid of the QueQueg army. Be very afraid .......

(and to quote one of my favorite posters):

"Peace, love, and fluffy bunnies! "



Dear QueQueg,
(aka Rowan Dragonstrider)

We seriously need to meet up in the Spiral one of these days. Not only will we turn the Arena upside-down, but the Crown of Fire will never be the same again. I'll even help you farm for the gear- how 'bout it?

PS: I think Malistaire has something against the Balance school. It only took me 26 levels to get my gear, but I will carry it with me for the rest of my wizarding lifetime... or, until I accidentally sell it, which happened in a dream I had the other night (had to run to the computer at 4 am and make sure it wasn't real, haha).

Good luck!
El Veeb

-

Dear Malistaire,

What is it with you and Balance wizards- is there some sort of vendetta I'm not aware of? Well, this just got personal, buddy. Fork over Rowan's gear, or face the wrath of a thousand angry bunnies, in all their cute and fuzzy glory... and I'll tell the whole Spiral about how you went down like a total sissy when Vampire Val paid you a visit at level 49... by himself. See, I'm already a better villain than you!

MWAHAHA!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
(the visceral avenger)

& Val/Vampy,
the bunny-hugging necromancer

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
9
Malistaire was a little weak...BUT, the guy knew how to build one heck of an army!

Think of it this way...This guy got millions of characters/creatures to be his undead army! All of the creatures you fought every single one...was part of Malistaire's army. THE WHOLE GAME (up to that point) was basically fighting Malistaire!

Every level you have obtained while fighting his army that whole time...it was like Malistaire was trying to train you for an even greater evil! Sure he seemed like a bad guy! But without him...you wouldn't even be level 45!

If you think about it that way I wouldn't call him weak! In the end he got his wife back and he HELPED YOU get stronger! It could have been his plan the whole time

Have fun around the spiral!
~Vanessa Moonflower~ Level 68~ Legendary Thurmaturge~

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
phreshkidd1 wrote:
Malistaire was a little weak...BUT, the guy knew how to build one heck of an army!

Think of it this way...This guy got millions of characters/creatures to be his undead army! All of the creatures you fought every single one...was part of Malistaire's army. THE WHOLE GAME (up to that point) was basically fighting Malistaire!

Every level you have obtained while fighting his army that whole time...it was like Malistaire was trying to train you for an even greater evil! Sure he seemed like a bad guy! But without him...you wouldn't even be level 45!

If you think about it that way I wouldn't call him weak! In the end he got his wife back and he HELPED YOU get stronger! It could have been his plan the whole time

Have fun around the spiral!
~Vanessa Moonflower~ Level 68~ Legendary Thurmaturge~


Dear Vanessa Moonflower,

Yes, you're right- that was one, big army. And I think it's cute that he was reunited with Sylvia, even if it didn't quite go as planned. Of course, if I tell him that, he might try and recruit my low-level wizards for whatever it is he's doing up there... and that would be awful, because Shadowsong (my sorceress, who's level 80) would be totally jealous.

Safe & happy travels,
El Veeb

-

Dear Malistaire,

I do believe our friend Vanessa just blew your cover... Make us think that we're getting stronger, while you're off hiding in some cave and making the underlings do your dirty work~ pretty smart plan, I daresay. I just hope you've picked out a spot where Sestiva (my Storm wiz) won't find you.... because, when she does, she'll Stormzilla you so hard that those nasty, little goblins in Avalon are going to feel it.

Watch your back, and keep your eyes open when sleeping.

MWAHAHAHA!

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Sestiva
archscendedmastermanovice thaumanecrosorcepyrotheurgeiviner-er.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
"Dear QueQueg,
(aka Rowan Dragonstrider)

We seriously need to meet up in the Spiral one of these days. Not only will we turn the Arena upside-down, but the Crown of Fire will never be the same again. I'll even help you farm for the gear- how 'bout it?

PS: I think Malistaire has something against the Balance school. It only took me 26 levels to get my gear, but I will carry it with me for the rest of my wizarding lifetime... or, until I accidentally sell it, which happened in a dream I had the other night (had to run to the computer at 4 am and make sure it wasn't real, haha).

Good luck!
El Veeb"


OMG, I know ..... we need to meet in the Spiral. I've beaten Malistaire several times, and I still don't have my precious Balance clothing (waaaaa).

We'll have to pick a day, time and realm to meet ... :)

Dear Malistaire,

My Level 77 Ice is about to take you on again. Even though some of your minions are ice, which is difficult fighting ice with ice, I can wipe your nose with my armor (stainless steel, so it won't rust).

I'll bring along my ducks ..... Duckie, Pluckie, Desmond, Quackie, and Quequeg. They may LOOK cute and fluffy, but they are a menace to the spiral, and can do some serious ankle-biting. Duckie claims to be "an evil carnivorous duck", but he'll just end up talking your ear off.

I'll be bringing Scooby Snacks to keep us powered up .....

Peace, love, and the Mystery Machine

Rowan Dragonstrider and good friend, Brynn Iceblade.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
125
Dear Ronster55,

I have soloed Malistare and his whole dungeon as a level 50,55,60,65,70, and 75 and will again at 80. And maybe YOU can call him hard, But i call him EASY cause each time i solo him, I DONT use potions or minions. I do the whole thing by myself and fight all bosses, and always make it out with more than 1,500 health.

From,
Duncan
Malistare Soloist

Dear Malistare,
Stop Being so weak cast better spells.

From,
Duncan

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
QueQueg wrote:
OMG, I know ..... we need to meet in the Spiral. I've beaten Malistaire several times, and I still don't have my precious Balance clothing (waaaaa).

We'll have to pick a day, time and realm to meet ... :)


Dear QueQueg/Rowan/Brynn,

I got the gear again recently, and the first thing I thought of was, "I wish I could give it to someone who needs it"... Then, I thought of this post, and the fact that it's no-trade, so I fed it to my pet starfish. Darkness, despair!

Do you have a Central account? Making plans there is easier, but we can do so here, if you don't. :)

QueQueg wrote:

Dear Malistaire,

My Level 77 Ice is about to take you on again. Even though some of your minions are ice, which is difficult fighting ice with ice, I can wipe your nose with my armor (stainless steel, so it won't rust).


Hooray for converts, and rustproof outfits! But I recommend sticking to your own nose, because that's really gross.

QueQueg wrote:
I'll bring along my ducks ..... Duckie, Pluckie, Desmond, Quackie, and Quequeg. They may LOOK cute and fluffy, but they are a menace to the spiral, and can do some serious ankle-biting. Duckie claims to be "an evil carnivorous duck", but he'll just end up talking your ear off.


Everyone needs a carnivorous pet duck, or five. Even if they're not actually carnivorous, just keep telling people that...

QueQueg wrote:
I'll be bringing Scooby Snacks to keep us powered up .....


Totally. But you have to share them with me. :)

QueQueg wrote:
Peace, love, and the Mystery Machine


I've always wanted to drive one of those.

-

Dear Malistaire,

Sestiva is now level 48, and she's on your doorstep. Better hide, because she brought a friend... a pet Stormzilla, who just so happens to eat people and is kinda hungry.

A thousand crafting quests upon you!

El Veeb/Sestiva
(and our army of fluffy/carnivorous bunnies!)

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
Dear Malistaire,

As you may or may not be aware, Sestiva is my third wizard to pass through your doors. She cut through your defenses, like a knife through butter, and your health didn't scare her, either~ in fact, her exact words were: "10,000? That's 3-4 hits, not including the fizzles... right?"

The fight lasted about 15 minutes, and Sestiva thought it was cute that you only killed her once~ with a Skeletal Pirate. But she came back to life a few minutes later and Tempested your minions to death before proceeding to spam bladed Tritons at you, until you croaked. She also says that, while a Scarecrow from you might have been cool, the fact that your minion cast it for you kinda killed the moment. In the end, it was no contest~ she felt kinda sorry for you, though, so she decided to find another vic... er, willing sacrifice... to feed to Stormzilla.

Fortunately for Sestiva, Shadowsong has already taken care of outfitting the entire El Veeb army. Unfortunately for you, she'll be back...

From Celestia,

El Veeb/Sestiva Stormblade
Saviour of the Spiral

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
"Do you have a Central account? Making plans there is easier, but we can do so here, if you don't. "

Yes, I do. It's under the name mrflibbles. I don't post there much, but do peruse the forum for everything wizardy.

And ..... okay. I won't 'wipe Malistaire's nose' with my armor. I need to clean my armor anyway, as I've been using it for my own nose. It's starting to look gross and lumpy .....

Dear Malistaire:

My Ice will probably reach Archmage within the next hour (yahoo!). I'm so close, that my armor is starting to itch in anticipation. Besides, some of that anticipation is waiting to smash that honker-of-a-nose-ya-got into some Dragonspyre pavement. I'm armored up. My ducks are armored up. Scooby snacks are loaded. I'm ready to go .....

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup".

Brynn Iceblade
Fried Dragon Snacker

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
QueQueg wrote:
"Do you have a Central account? Making plans there is easier, but we can do so here, if you don't. "

Yes, I do. It's under the name mrflibbles. I don't post there much, but do peruse the forum for everything wizardy.

And ..... okay. I won't 'wipe Malistaire's nose' with my armor. I need to clean my armor anyway, as I've been using it for my own nose. It's starting to look gross and lumpy .....


Wow, that's news to me! When I was a kid, my parents gave me some great advice: you can pick your friends, and pick your nose... but never, ever pick your friend's nose. I can only assume that this would apply to evil undead guys, too... at least until you clean your armour. LOL.

QueQueg wrote:

Dear Malistaire:

My Ice will probably reach Archmage within the next hour (yahoo!). I'm so close, that my armor is starting to itch in anticipation. Besides, some of that anticipation is waiting to smash that honker-of-a-nose-ya-got into some Dragonspyre pavement. I'm armored up. My ducks are armored up. Scooby snacks are loaded. I'm ready to go .....

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup".

Brynn Iceblade
Fried Dragon Snacker


Woot, congrats!

-

Dear Malistaire,

What she said, especially the bit about dragons. Whether or not you taste good with ketchup is debatable, but I'll let Stormzilla decide that for himself.

PS: If you try to borrow Brynn's armour for nefarious purposes, I will send Shadowsong back to fix your face with a critical Nova.

*snicker*

El Veeb/Val/Sestiva
and our legion of doom & cookies. :)

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
24
are you kidding me i am life and i had to have 1 friend to help me

Special Thanks to Dakota Dragoncloud

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
53
vonawesome1 wrote:
kingamebass wrote:
Dear Malistaire,

Why are you so weak? Yes, you do have 10,000 health, but that's not the point. The point is that you cast very weak spells. The strongest spell you cast is either a Kraken or a Scarecrow. That's so weak! We all know that you can either be more challenging or you can just kick yourself out of the Spiral. Is this what we get for a final boss? Well, you used to be a final boss. Even the Waterworks boss, Sylvester Glowstorm is stronger than you! You know better.

Sincerely,

Mason Deathwalker
Level 45 Master Diviner


Dear Malistaire,

So, let me get this straight- you're giving this Mason guy Krakens and Scarecrows, while the best I get is a skeletal pirate... is it because I'm a Balance wiz and a girl? LAME.

I'd like to say that you're still my favourite boss, but I don't know... I can't respect a guy who's that afraid of me; it makes you look like a sissy. Just sayin'.

I have a proposition for you. How about I take over Dragonspyre, you join me, and I'll show you how to be a real villain? It might even be fun (I'll even bring cookies for the big, scary Dragon Titan, so it doesn't eat us).

Peace, love, and fluffy bunnies!
(since that's what fighting you makes me think of)

El Veeb/Shadowsong
transcendent sorceress

PS: Where is my level 50 gear? It's only been 25 levels!

Dear Malistaire,
You are really bad at this wizardry game. Okay, I'm a level 23, and me and my friends just defeated you, hard. You kept on using dark pixies on me. For real? :x You think just because I'm a girl, I can't fight? Oh oh oh, big mistake. REVENGE!!!!

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
35
Dear Malistaire,

Guess what? Though shall not pass! Seriously, when I went to battle you for the second time with friends, you never passed, or fizzled. Don't worry, Gandolf wasn't near. You kept dark farieing me, and I plan on soloing you sometime soon. Even though it is hard to solo a long dungeon as a myth wizard. My basilisk spell has been waiting to meet you. So has my demon infested body. Even a wizard who is a higher levek than me, and had better spells than me was killed by me. He had better spells than you. Try to level up Malistaire. I think it would be cool for you to come back, have Sylvia come running back to Cyrus, and you should team up with Morganthe. Malistaire, seriously, you need better spells. Lord Bubba and Mr. Fluffy have been waiting to meet you, and your soul servants.

Best regards on taking over the spiral, Andrew Stormblade, Myth, Level 70,

P.S. The demon will come and...
Quiet Young Wizard!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
1
kingamebass wrote:
Dear Malistaire,

Why are you so weak? Yes, you do have 10,000 health, but that's not the point. The point is that you cast very weak spells. The strongest spell you cast is either a Kraken or a Scarecrow. That's so weak! We all know that you can either be more challenging or you can just kick yourself out of the Spiral. Is this what we get for a final boss? Well, you used to be a final boss. Even the Waterworks boss, Sylvester Glowstorm is stronger than you! You know better.

Sincerely,
Mason Deathwalker
Level 45 Master Diviner


The challenge is in the dungeon. Malistaire is little hard but the dungeon is hard. Malistaire have minions without them hes nothing. Defeat the minions first. If all the teachers and headmaster combined they will be able to defeat him all by themselfves.

Alenjandro Rosegrove
Level 46 Mater Thumaruge/ice

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
43
I don't know, i had a hard time beating Jotun and his brothers in chaos, mainly because they have high health. I'm not sure if I'm ready to face Malistair. I may be a necromancer, but facing Malistair Drake is going to be hard for me. (Perhaps i might need a henchman or two.)

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
Noah43229 wrote:
I don't know, i had a hard time beating Jotun and his brothers in chaos, mainly because they have high health. I'm not sure if I'm ready to face Malistair. I may be a necromancer, but facing Malistair Drake is going to be hard for me. (Perhaps i might need a henchman or two.)


Dear Noah,

You're a necromancer~ just buff up, get as many feints stacked (treasure, amulet, pet, and your normal card) as you can, prism like crazy, and BAM! He's toast! That's how my necro ended the fight, quickly, and with minimal faerie dust.

PS: Nidavellir is horrible, and Jotun will make Malistaire himself look like a scared kitten.

Good luck!
El Veeb the Archmage

-

Dear Malistaire,

I laugh in your general direction, because it's true: Jotun does make you look like a scared kitten. So, go find some friends in Marleybone... I've heard that Marcel Meyow and Dr. Von are looking for someone to play with... *smirk*

Meow!
El Veeb, the visceral avenger

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
45
Dear Malistaire,

Hiya! How's taking over the world? Is Mr. Fluffy the dragon titan lord doing okay? Ok, good good. Well, first of all, I want you to apologize to vonawesome1 for making her wait to get her Lvl 50 Balance gear. Second, I want you to apologize to QueQueg and not giving her the Balance gear she wants, and to make up for it, hand over the Balance gear.
Thirdly, I want you to apologize for the injustice you caused me by making me put 50 crowns in your treasure box thingamabob to get my Myth gear while giving me the unneeded Balance gear for free. But thanks for the Myth gear . Ok, most importantly, I think you should get eye drops for Mr. Fluffy's eye. It keeps blinking and I think something's in it. Oh, and as a side note, your wife is too easy! The next time you bring someone back to life, make them more powerful. Ok? Ok. :D Well, thanks!

Your Vengeance-Thirsty (who is also really kind and sweet :D ) Enemy,
Sabrina Goldendust
Lvl 46 conjurer

P.S. If you're wondering why I was fighting you the other day, it was because I was helping a friend, nothing personal. But when I get there, oh it will be personal.

P.P.S. You really should get Mr. Fluffy those eye drops. I mean, there's nothing worse than an angry giant evil dragon titan lord with something in its eye, right?

P.P.P.S. You should let vonawesome1 take over, her evil plans sound a lot better than yours and I think she'll make a better villain than you. Just sayin'! :D