Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mooshu to Dragonspyre to much of a jump?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2015
In my opinion, Mooshu to DS is WAY to much of a jump, Mooshu mobs have 600-700 health yet DS is 800-1,010
Thats crazy in my opinion, yes I know wizard101 when it first came out DS was the last world and of course it has to be challenge being the last world. But it's not anymore! It's only half way, why make it such a difficult world? Marleybone was 550-675 health for mobs or somewhere around that, and Mooshu as I said up there is 600-700, thats a fair jump! But to DS I don't think so. Jade Oni the final boss in Mooshu has 7,500 health, I will say again, FINAL boss. I was lvl 42 when I killed Jade Oni and started DS. I was the same lvl when I fought a "normal" boss in DS with 8,000. So it's not like I was better and had more health or whatever. Really, final boss in Mooshu is 500 health less than a normal boss in DS? Seems a little odd :/ and don't start yelling at me saying I'm making a to big a deal. You have your opinion, but this is my opinion on Dragonspyre

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
There are a few variables in your situation, so my suggestion(s) to you are based on assumptions.

Doing more side quests will get you more experience/levels.

If you haven't already, do the Grizzelheim quests to complete Nidavelir, and then Ravenscar, for the same benefits.

Dragonspyre is full of mobs that will cast "Weakness" on you, so an opposing, or different Shool wand is suggested to counter this.

With the higher levels comes additional health, more spell choices, and better gear options.

I hope this helps you in your progression.

Best of luck to you,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 88

Survivor
Jul 03, 2013
mmoluvr on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
There are a few variables in your situation, so my suggestion(s) to you are based on assumptions.

Doing more side quests will get you more experience/levels.

If you haven't already, do the Grizzelheim quests to complete Nidavelir, and then Ravenscar, for the same benefits.

Dragonspyre is full of mobs that will cast "Weakness" on you, so an opposing, or different Shool wand is suggested to counter this.

With the higher levels comes additional health, more spell choices, and better gear options.

I hope this helps you in your progression.

Best of luck to you,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 88
Funny. Sidequests are not recommended . I've only done main quests and got the same amount of petty XP that sidequests give you. So there not reccomened

Survivor
Dec 24, 2014
I agree with Steven that it might be too much. When in dragon sphere I feel like I am fighting a final boss in every battle.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
Steven SoulForge on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Funny. Sidequests are not recommended . I've only done main quests and got the same amount of petty XP that sidequests give you. So there not reccomened
I see lvl 30 wizards starting dragonspyre and entering Celestia at lvl 43. Back when I started side quests were required to get to a world, You had to be lvl 48 to get to Celestia, and that had a reason behind it. I personally have done all the side quests up to the fourum, and I am lvl 56. I can beat any creature that fights me. Now, do you think that sidequests are bad?

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Malvin WinterMask on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
I agree with Steven that it might be too much. When in dragon sphere I feel like I am fighting a final boss in every battle.
You just probably didn't do enough side quests and that kind of stuff. The jump wasn't bad for me, and I usually solo everything.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
johnnyd2212 on Aug 4, 2015 wrote:
In my opinion, Mooshu to DS is WAY to much of a jump, Mooshu mobs have 600-700 health yet DS is 800-1,010
Thats crazy in my opinion, yes I know wizard101 when it first came out DS was the last world and of course it has to be challenge being the last world. But it's not anymore! It's only half way, why make it such a difficult world? Marleybone was 550-675 health for mobs or somewhere around that, and Mooshu as I said up there is 600-700, thats a fair jump! But to DS I don't think so. Jade Oni the final boss in Mooshu has 7,500 health, I will say again, FINAL boss. I was lvl 42 when I killed Jade Oni and started DS. I was the same lvl when I fought a "normal" boss in DS with 8,000. So it's not like I was better and had more health or whatever. Really, final boss in Mooshu is 500 health less than a normal boss in DS? Seems a little odd :/ and don't start yelling at me saying I'm making a to big a deal. You have your opinion, but this is my opinion on Dragonspyre
I agree. I had to have my level 72 friend help me for most of my battles. Doing side quests is not a big help unless you are doing a farming world like Grizzleheim and wysteria.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I disagree. Back in the old days of wizard Dragonspyre mobs in the first few areas had 700-900 health now they have been nerfed to 600. (Also you don't face mobs with over a 1,00 health until towards the end).