Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mavra Flamewing is TOO HARD!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
I have the quest to defeat Mavra Flamewing and it is TOO HARD! It took me OVER 2 HOURS and I LOST because I had used all 189 Mana so I could only use 0 rank spells... until I ran out. She kept using the same spells over and over again and never ran out. CPU players should also run out of cards to make it fair for us human players.

I also think there should be no battle timer (the 30 seconds you get for choosing a card) if there is only 1 human player in a battle. Will someone tell me WHY the timer is there when there is only 1 human player?

And will someone tell me what a good way to defeat Mavra Flamewing is?

Kevin DragonBlade lvl. 42
Balance

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
trose318 wrote:
I have the quest to defeat Mavra Flamewing and it is TOO HARD! It took me OVER 2 HOURS and I LOST because I had used all 189 Mana so I could only use 0 rank spells... until I ran out. She kept using the same spells over and over again and never ran out. CPU players should also run out of cards to make it fair for us human players.

I also think there should be no battle timer (the 30 seconds you get for choosing a card) if there is only 1 human player in a battle. Will someone tell me WHY the timer is there when there is only 1 human player?

well, first off, the 3 easiest schools to beat her with are Fire (DoTs), Myth (Quakes), and Balance (Tower Shields / Elemental shields).

I once saw a picture of a KI mod who had a deck I'm assuming is geared for Mobs/bosses. It had 1,000 spells, max 250 each.

For those who are about to complain about my comment regarding Balance, remember, a fully power pipped balance can use Hydra and follow it the next round with a still powerful (9-10 pip) judge. Hydra will clear away 3 Towers.

Fire wizards should know by now when dealing with shield spammers to Elf or Link followed with a Helephant. and of course, Myth just laughs in the face of the defense pox and their sheilds. Quake spaming 101.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I am not sure what happened to your orginal post, it seems to have disappeared.

First, make sure that you have the best deck you possilbly could have at your level. Go purchase one at the bazar.

Next, if you have any training points left, get reshuffle and put 1 in your deck. You get it from the trainer in WC in Colossus Blvd. You can also put on the amulet. This should solve the problem with running out of cards.

You can also ask for help from friends. If not available, post a message on here with time, date and realm and you would be surprise how many people will be willing to help you.

The first step to beat her is to get rid of the Pox. Once you get those out of the way, she is much easier to beat. I am not sure what school you are from, so it is difficult to help you deck your hand with cards that will help you defeat her.

I not going to mention the schools that have already been mention. If you are death, make sure you have poison in your hand. Build your pips up. Once you do, cast poison, than go with your next spell. Poison will keep the shields off, while you attack.
Hope this help. Good Luck

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Dude, just get multiple people to do it with you, and as for a battle timer, we better keep it, I don't want to sit in a battle and have to flee cause of some noob who comes and sits there just for the reward.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
My friend (Master Death) and I (Master Fire) beat her quite easily. Just get somebody to help kill her its not really that hard.

Defender
May 18, 2009
Wait a minute what boss is this? I don't remember ANY hard bosses in Dragonspyre, with the acception of Malistaire, who me and a friend beat by ourselves. Is this the one with the crazy protection pox things? Yes they are annoying, but me and a friend crushed them :D! Or is it the one in Pyromancer Tower or whatever that place is called? Whichever boss it is, they're all easy if you have good friends there to help you. :D

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
trose318 wrote:

Kevin DragonBlade lvl. 42
Balance

REALLY! Nah I say she too easy lol.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
hunter33333 wrote:
Wait a minute what boss is this? I don't remember ANY hard bosses in Dragonspyre, with the acception of Malistaire, who me and a friend beat by ourselves. Is this the one with the crazy protection pox things? Yes they are annoying, but me and a friend crushed them :D! Or is it the one in Pyromancer Tower or whatever that place is called? Whichever boss it is, they're all easy if you have good friends there to help you. :D

Malistaire isn't even that hard. I just used a fire dragon on all of his little friends and he easy. I think they should make him harder since he suppose to be soooooooo good.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
it was easy for me i soloed it in about 30 min and i was a lvl 47 balance :)

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010

Malistaire isn't even that hard. I just used a fire dragon on all of his little friends and he easy. I think they should make him harder since he suppose to be soooooooo good.

Easy enough the way he is. i dont think he should be harder. i like a challenge but hes too much.

Explorer
May 26, 2010
I think it is really fair there is a timer. i was fighting some dragone things(i think they spelled dracians but i dont know and my friend ported and all of a sudden he wouldnt pick a spell or talk. and so i had to wait for the timer to run out EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Jordan OwlSinger, LvL 43, Master Pyromancer, In Dragonspyre

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Garrett15141 wrote:
hunter33333 wrote:

your right jountun from gh would cream him solo. without his brothers

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
ok well i would just say to get a good friend i have a good friend on game named kymma mooncatcher and we have battled all bosses from end of marleybone to about halfway through dragonspyre and we are UNBEATABLE we have never lost one battle yet. i am fire with storm as secondary she is myth with life as secondary so it is easy to see why we are unbeatable. we go through bosses people say are impossible and think that was too easy so my tip is to get a good friend. we beat flamewing in a few rounds

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
I agree, I am a level 43 balance wizard and I have found it really difficult- is there a strategy to use? Do you just attack her or do you NEED to rid the poxes? Can one wizard do it on their own? if so at what level? I you are able to help please post...

Thanks

For example: I have also battled Nihvallia (???) in Grizzleheim it took 4 of us 5 hours to do 3 bosses of 8000 and 1 of 7000 (they should make it if you dont have anyone who can play with you that ALL bosses can be defeated by a single player...) there is no way one player could do that quest, or is there?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
sharkboy10102000 wrote:
I agree, I am a level 43 balance wizard and I have found it really difficult- is there a strategy to use? Do you just attack her or do you NEED to rid the poxes? Can one wizard do it on their own? if so at what level? I you are able to help please post...

Thanks

For example: I have also battled Nihvallia (???) in Grizzleheim it took 4 of us 5 hours to do 3 bosses of 8000 and 1 of 7000 (they should make it if you dont have anyone who can play with you that ALL bosses can be defeated by a single player...) there is no way one player could do that quest, or is there?

Am I correct to assume you didn't have your 48 spells?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
she isnt impossible just summon a lvl 60 myth henchmen its that east for both the boss which i believe is storm and the pox which get boosted damage from the myth henchmen

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
wow. a couple weeks ago i defeated mavra flamewing with help from friends. The ONLY strategy is to stop the defense pox. it took me ( level 46 fire ) and a friend only about 30 minutes to defeat her. its really not that hard.

hope this helps!
Charles Shadowflame level 46 pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
I had a hard time at first too, but I was a level 45 balance and finally beat her by myself on (I think) my 3rd or 4th try.

Personally, I focused on killing Marva first. If you have a variety of spells to use, or are able to stack powerful spells on top of each other, she isn't too hard. Earthquake is useful, since that spell gets rid of any shields she has up.

After you kill her, the pox are easy, but annoying. They can't cast any damage spells, so you won't need to worry about shielding yourself or healing after Marva is gone. Just keep beating down their shields and you'll be good.

I also recommend having the reshuffle card in your deck, in case you run out of spells. I didn't end up needing it, but it came close.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
silverk101 wrote:
ok well i would just say to get a good friend i have a good friend on game named kymma mooncatcher and we have battled all bosses from end of marleybone to about halfway through dragonspyre and we are UNBEATABLE we have never lost one battle yet. i am fire with storm as secondary she is myth with life as secondary so it is easy to see why we are unbeatable. we go through bosses people say are impossible and think that was too easy so my tip is to get a good friend. we beat flamewing in a few rounds
whoa whoa whoa i had someone named kymma mooncatcher on my friend list but she removed me just cause i asked her to help me with a quest just one second is your wizard named keelan icebreath if so it's me joseph fireflame

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I was level 46 Myth wizard, and faced Mavra.
While not hard, that boss was the single most annoying boss I have ever faced.

I don't use Earthquake, I believe 6 pips for such a little damage spell is a waste. However, I did not think of Earthquake's ability at that time.

Needless to say, my minion started beating on Mavra. I sort of struggled to get past a pox's shield and managed to destroy it. After I joined my minion and defeated Mavra, like 25 minutes later, we finally went to work on the final Pox.

Not necessarily hard, but very annoying. (I ran out of spell cards, and never even thought about having a Reshuffle card in my deck. But having known that my minion could attack indefinetly I did not have a reason to worry.)

That fight added a refreshing spin to normal encounters. I enjoyed it, and felt good after I won. I had an even more wonderful time fighting against her counter-part, the trapper.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I soloed this on all my upper wizards. It's been a while since I did this on my balance so I don't remember how that went.

But my death wizard does have myth as a second school, while my myth has life. Both wizards were below level 48 at the time. I used minions, and in both cases I used earthquake to clear the shields. I would blade my minions while waiting for pips, then clear it before my minions hit. And with a spell like minotaur, it can clear the shields on first hit and do damage on second hit. It probably took half an hour tops and had plenty of cards left.

But if you don't have earthquake, blade up and try hitting a multi-enemy hit spell back to back to clear the shields - easy to do with power pips.

Once they had smaller health, it was easier to manage them individually.
Especially if you have a minion hitting too.

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 51 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 48 myth
Nora SeaStone lvl 17 storm

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
the protection pox don't do that much life wards do life spells :)

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Most folks seem to be going at this fight backwards. The trick is to ignore the Pox and take Mavra down first. The faster you can beat her, the fewer rounds the Pox have to put all those shields on her and the less total damage you'll need to break through them.

The Protection Pox are just that - Protection ONLY! Mavra's the only one attacking you; the Pox alone can't touch you. Like most Storm wizards, Mavra relies on her allies to distract you while she builds up pips for her attacks. Without Mavra's firepower, the Pox are harmless.

Once she's gone you've already won, it's just a matter of time. Bring a full mana globe and a Reshuffle or two, sit back and whittle away at them until they're gone.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
If you're talking about the boss I think you are (the one with the pox that constantly cast shields), then the easiest wizard to face her with is balance. Beating her is quite simple for balance actually. Here's why. The only shields that work against judgment are the tower shields, and they only protect against 50% of the damage. If she has a life shield, then that can absorb 400 damage, but that's it. Typically, you want to take out the pox as quick as possible, but with Balance ignore them until you've defeated Marva. Simply build up your Judgment attack. Boost it as much as possible. Balance blade, Hex, battle blades (think that's the name, the 20% blades), and feint if at all possible. Don't worry about all the shields. As I said, only the tower shield is of any concern, and only one of them will activate each time you hit her. so, boost your attack as much as possible and let your pips build for a powerful Judgment attack (shield and heal as necessary too). Unlike the pox, she's not balance, so she won't be resistant to your Judgment attack. Once all of your pip spots are filled (hopefully a fair amount are power pips), let her have it. If you have feint, then a single Judgment attack should do the trick. If not, you might need to break out a second Judgment attack. Either way, as long as you shield against her attacks along the way, you'll be just fine. As for the pox, they can't attack you. Once you've killed her, simply pick them off at your leisure.