Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire better but still not there

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
I am hoping that the newest change to Malistaire and the Bosses of the spiral is just a quick fix to prevent them from cheating. I was disappointed to find that Malistaire was put right back to the way he was before (with the exception of him using power pips now). Does anyone know whether the Bosses are being "Redesigned" again or if this is a permanent change?
Also, I noticed that ALL of the posts about the new Malistaire and the like have been removed entirely. Are we now to pretend that the last week of cheating bosses did not exist? Maybe we should keep those posts in order to point complainers about the current system (whatever it ends up being) to what things were like and could be like. Already, I have seen complaints about Bosses having power pips. I just have to wonder did they fight any of the bosses when they were cheating?

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
I like that they can use power pips. It makes the battle more interesting. I am glad that they dropped the interrupting though. And I am glad that the bosses have to use the right amount of pips for spells. I think they should be allowed to heal. And on Malistaire it would be great to up his health some more. Maybe not to the 100,000 it was (me and the group I usually play with wouldn't have much a problem with that but other might) but to maybe 50,000 or so.

But still I like most of the updates.

Either way they go, your going to have people who wont like the updates no matter what they do.

But at least KI is listening to us and making improvements to the game to make it even better than it is!

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
A lot of people were complaining that malistaire was unbeatable because of his health amount. IMO, it was only the interrupts that made him as hard as he was. As long as nobody took out Sylvia, they would have had no problems with new Malistaire fight once the interrupts were gone. I think people kept on taking out Sylvia without realizing that her purpose was to help you win.

What really get me though is that first people complained that Malistaire was too easy, then they go and complain he was too hard. Can you people MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!!! SHEESH!

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Zigmon wrote:
I am hoping that the newest change to Malistaire and the Bosses of the spiral is just a quick fix to prevent them from cheating. I was disappointed to find that Malistaire was put right back to the way he was before (with the exception of him using power pips now). Does anyone know whether the Bosses are being "Redesigned" again or if this is a permanent change?
Also, I noticed that ALL of the posts about the new Malistaire and the like have been removed entirely. Are we now to pretend that the last week of cheating bosses did not exist? Maybe we should keep those posts in order to point complainers about the current system (whatever it ends up being) to what things were like and could be like. Already, I have seen complaints about Bosses having power pips. I just have to wonder did they fight any of the bosses when they were cheating?

well when i battled anyone last week they never had power pips, for some odd reason, and i liked the way you called "cheating" it was MUCH more fun to fight jade oni! easier farming and more items for less time, i got 2 hydra pendant 1 gloom and doom pendant, 1 plague oni sword, and really good cloths, like a death shirt(even though i was life ironic )

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I prefer that the battles would be easier or not harder, but the same without the impossible not being able to win. LOL, because on the test realm when I re fought a boss that was in krokotopia on my death character I could not beat him again, but since they fixed it everything is back to normal so I'm happy, they got rid of the enhanced boss encounters.