Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the Malistaire dungeon rigged

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
Today I tried to beat the malistaire dungeon with three other people. We reached the last battle against malistaire. After we killed the minions the only person Malistaire was attacking was me. I didn't think this was fair because I wasn't the first one who went in and I wasn't the strongest one there. Right when I was going to get healed the satyr spell fizzled and then someone attacked and the dungeon was over. I stayed in that battle Ito the very end. I am very upset because I feel like I wasted 2 hours of my life. And I am not about to do that's 2 hour dungeon again right now.

I want to know what dungeons on which something like this happened and if you think we should get some type of credit or at least send us to where we left off so we don't have to redo the whole dungeon.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I personally recommend picking up the spell, Pacify, a few treasure cards of that will reduce your threat on the enemies

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Kiley Iceblade on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Today I tried to beat the malistaire dungeon with three other people. We reached the last battle against malistaire. After we killed the minions the only person Malistaire was attacking was me. I didn't think this was fair because I wasn't the first one who went in and I wasn't the strongest one there. Right when I was going to get healed the satyr spell fizzled and then someone attacked and the dungeon was over. I stayed in that battle Ito the very end. I am very upset because I feel like I wasted 2 hours of my life. And I am not about to do that's 2 hour dungeon again right now.

I want to know what dungeons on which something like this happened and if you think we should get some type of credit or at least send us to where we left off so we don't have to redo the whole dungeon.
Sadly your only option is to repeat the instance for the credit you need. I think it's safe to say this has happened to all of us at one time or another. It just hurts more when it's a big instance like this one.

It is possible to get you though this in less time. I offer my help if you want to let me know your time zone, date, time and realm we could meet in, Scarecrow is usually always available. I have helped many with this and have it figured out how to get though it in 45 mins or less. Allow a few days to get post onto boards here.

Mary

Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
Northlite on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Sadly your only option is to repeat the instance for the credit you need. I think it's safe to say this has happened to all of us at one time or another. It just hurts more when it's a big instance like this one.

It is possible to get you though this in less time. I offer my help if you want to let me know your time zone, date, time and realm we could meet in, Scarecrow is usually always available. I have helped many with this and have it figured out how to get though it in 45 mins or less. Allow a few days to get post onto boards here.

Mary
Thanks for offering you help but I got through it today. I had a level 70 help me. I may contact you if I have trouble on anything else though.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

I'm glad you did find a way to redo the instance. But, for future reference, here is how boss/mob AI works:

If you and your friends start the battle at the same time, each enemy will attack the wizard standing directly opposite him in the ring. So the enemy in first will attack the wizard in first, and so on.

If you enter the ring separately, it depends on how much time passed between you and your friends entering the ring. If one wizard enters the battle alone, all 4 enemies will focus on that wizard until someone else draws more Ag.

"so, what's this Ag you speak of, Von?"

When you attack, it draws a number: that number depends on the rank of the spell and the attack boosts of the wizard attacking. Pet heals also draw Ag; my Balance wizard has a pet with Fairy and, if her pet heals her before anyone has a chance to attack, all 4 enemies focus on her (which is good, because she has awesome stats and can take more damage than most of her teammates).

It doesn't matter who is the strongest, or who entered the circle first.

If, for example, we're both level 90 and you cast Forest Lord (rank 8 life) and I cast a power nova (rank 7 balance), the enemies will attack you... unless my stat boosts are higher and my attack does more damage. If your damage boost is 65, and mine is 75, the enemies would attack me because my attack drew a higher number. And they would continue to attack me until 1) I'm defeated or 2) someone casts a spell that draws a higher number than my power nova.

Example: if, immediately following said power nova, a storm wizard cast Sirens (rank 9); if that wizard's damage boost was higher than mine (like 80%) the enemies would then attack the storm wizard. Or, if a life wizard cast Rebirth with lots of boosts, they would attack the life wizard.

Note: defeat does not clear Ag. If I die in battle after that power nova, the enemies will switch their attention to the next person in the ring, but only until I am healed. If someone uses an over-time heal on me, I will get defeated again immediately the next round.

I hope this helps! Happy questing.

-von
promethean x3

Delver
Dec 18, 2009

I feel so bad for you. The same thing happened to me when I was finishing up Mooshu. I got really frustrated and pretty much stopped playing for a while. You just need to know that it wasn't your fault.

I think the game would have to go through a very intense thinking process to say that you shouldn't start over. However, if the game had checkpoints throughout a dungeon, as if as soon as you got to the point right before you fought Malistaire, you had the time until you logged out to go to a point. Other than that, I can only feel sympathy for you.

From, Diana Swiftfountain, lvl 87,

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Life isn't fair, and the Malistaire Dungeon isn't rigged. Life spells can fizzle, and bosses can target the weakest wizards. All you can do is redo the dungeon, not much else. Next time, if you need a lot of healing or defence, get a ice wizard or life henchman (Or a friend) and redo the dungeon again. Tara PearlGem

Survivor
Nov 05, 2013
Thanks to something with the marking system, you can now teleport back into dungeons (right back into the quest you were at). It only lasts for 5 minutes so be quick to get health!