Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is lore master spells a random drop?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2018
I know this is probably an overasked question, but, is the loremaster learned spells really a random drop?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
notsofun296 on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:
I know this is probably an overasked question, but, is the loremaster learned spells really a random drop?
Yes they're random. We can battle her once and win the spell we hoped for or 100 times and get no spells. The spell itself is also random. We don't have more chance of a death spell by being on a death wizard etc...it can be any of her spells!

This next part may or may not be true as I have no way to verify it and it didn't happen to me directly: I've heard that when you win a spell it chooses the spell (through RNG) removing the ones you already know from the drop. This is why you can't learn the same spell twice and by it doing it this way you're waiting for a spell drop not a specific spell drop (which would be mighty long if you already know most of them). I think this is true because a couple of different people have said about a glitch where they learned a spell and the one that popped up was one they already had. When they checked their deck it was a different spell added that they hadn't had before.

I hope this answers your question

Survivor
Jun 25, 2013
I've battled her at LEAST 50 times and still haven't gotten a spell.