Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre Learning Curve for Soloists

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2012
Let me start this message with the fact that I am perfectly capable of soloing and have soloed almost every single boss and dungeon in the game. The only one that I couldn't solo at the time was big ben, which I got help from a friend on.

After getting to the Jade Oni, Cyrus Drake, and then Dragonspyre, I have found it has really upped the difficulty pace at an alarming rate. I have had to have help on three bosses already (Sea lord, Karuvian Scargiver, and Gurtok Demon), and I imagine this will continue. I don't live in a popular time zone for the game, so I have to solo everything. I am currently questing in the Drake Hatchery. So, I was wondering, can I continue soloing, or should I try to find an alternative? Thanks.

Hunter Mythstone, Level 44

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Hunter Stone on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Let me start this message with the fact that I am perfectly capable of soloing and have soloed almost every single boss and dungeon in the game. The only one that I couldn't solo at the time was big ben, which I got help from a friend on.

After getting to the Jade Oni, Cyrus Drake, and then Dragonspyre, I have found it has really upped the difficulty pace at an alarming rate. I have had to have help on three bosses already (Sea lord, Karuvian Scargiver, and Gurtok Demon), and I imagine this will continue. I don't live in a popular time zone for the game, so I have to solo everything. I am currently questing in the Drake Hatchery. So, I was wondering, can I continue soloing, or should I try to find an alternative? Thanks.

I had no problem with any of my wizards with the increase in difficulty until Celestia and beyond.

I just soloed this with my Life wizard, including The Final Countdown and am now duke it out in Celestia. This wizard is level 47.

I have also soloed with Ice, Myth, and Death and am about 1/2 way through with Storm.

You might want to take a look at your gear, whether you are utilizing your minions, etc.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hunter Stone on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:

Altho I do believe most all the game can be soloed, some instances certainly go faster with help.

That said, in order to be a solo player you must get all your ducks in a row and plan more for battles. It helps to keep current on gear, learn how to stack your deck(s) in your favor, requires a little math and slimming cards down to just needed and back up spells in your sideboard and lastly, maybe work on a decent pet for a little help. Around mid Mooshu I work with a mob deck and boss deck. Keep in mind Myth does have minions for back up. I use the puppet far further then most and the Cyclops secondly. It requires thought to work around them while out but worth it in the end.

I have soloed mainly on quite a few schools though at least to the end of Zafaria with out much ado. I like help with Malestaire, Trial of Spheres and Mirror Lake.

I craft the level 56 gear from Wintertusk since I don't waste time farming Waterworks any more. I have worked on a decent frankinbunny for the 2 pip healing cards it offers in group battles and an enchanted armament for when I am alone because of the sharpen blades it offers.

In other words start to ramp up your wizard and play style for the battles to come.

Mary