Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Depressing Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
Maybe I was just hoping more of the game, or maybe I'm just used to more happy and cheerful games, but am I the only one who finds DS depressing and boring? I mean, sure Marleybone may have been kind of depressing but in DS, I don't feel like doing quests and stuff.

I remember the good ol' days of Wizard City when the bosses were so exciting and the characters were lively and exciting! The thrill of stepping through the sandy Krokotopia and having such a great time! The streets of Marleybone filled with thieves and cats and dogs and humorous characters. The bright world of Mooshu with legends and beautiful settings and hilarious puns. Even Grizzleheim, with its war theme had exciting scenery, mighty bears, and challenging quests. Now here comes Dragonspyre the world every master claims is the best.

I find it depressing, not even funny like other worlds, and Wizard101 is all serious and boring now. Like it doesn't matter if the game is fun, comical, or anything. It doesn't matter if it's fun in DS, or if you are having a good time. KingsIsle doesn't realize that I've paid to have a good time.

Even if you don't "publish" this message KingsIsle, I want you to know how I feel about Dragonspyre and I really want you to make it more fun. Maybe it doesn't have to be as bright and cheery as Mooshu, but make it better so I actually have a good time when I log on.

-WaddleDeeMan

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
WaddleDeeMan wrote:
Maybe I was just hoping more of the game, or maybe I'm just used to more happy and cheerful games, but am I the only one who finds DS depressing and boring? I mean, sure Marleybone may have been kind of depressing but in DS, I don't feel like doing quests and stuff.

I remember the good ol' days of Wizard City when the bosses were so exciting and the characters were lively and exciting! The thrill of stepping through the sandy Krokotopia and having such a great time! The streets of Marleybone filled with thieves and cats and dogs and humorous characters. The bright world of Mooshu with legends and beautiful settings and hilarious puns. Even Grizzleheim, with its war theme had exciting scenery, mighty bears, and challenging quests. Now here comes Dragonspyre the world every master claims is the best.

I find it depressing, not even funny like other worlds, and Wizard101 is all serious and boring now. Like it doesn't matter if the game is fun, comical, or anything. It doesn't matter if it's fun in DS, or if you are having a good time. KingsIsle doesn't realize that I've paid to have a good time.

Even if you don't "publish" this message KingsIsle, I want you to know how I feel about Dragonspyre and I really want you to make it more fun. Maybe it doesn't have to be as bright and cheery as Mooshu, but make it better so I actually have a good time when I log on.

-WaddleDeeMan

This is one reason i wrote my post "WORST WORLD EVER". I loved mooshu, so bright and green and just.....happy. but here comes DS, dark and dull. lava and fire, trashing once beautiful land. I like to go back to the past dugeon in the grand chasm or wherever it is. it makes me sad. it was so pretty! sure you could call me immature, afterall, this IS just a game. i've had my good times, too in ds. i loved hatching and riding my drake up to malistaire. you know, i miss krok . its like my home! i love balance and the heart of it: krokotopia. But i'm sad all together now that i've mastered the game and there is nothing for me to do. this is where my idea for Wizard101 #2 takes place. i want something new, not the same thing all over again when you make new characters. but back to DS. the thing is though, they cant change ds because thats how it is. its supposed to show you how crazy malistaire was to bring the dragon titan army and destroy nature like that. and all for his own happiness of "bringing" back sylvia. hah, so selfish of him! this is why i really want Wizard101 #2. i want to see how the spiral was before mr. beefbrain(yes, malistaire, i'm insulting you) came and took over. so really, KI please, please, PLEASE consider my idea. i agree with you all over waddledeeman.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
Interesting you post this. I think KI was going for that gloomy feeling because it was torn apart by war. I see what your saying, but i think they kind of intended that.