Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown of Fire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had managed to get past those pesky crystal stands that open up the crown of fire on their own? I mean, from what I can see it requires three people minimum to do it, or two and a port mark. However, I've just got me most of the time. Anyone have any ideas?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You're going to need to find at least one other wizard to go with. I don't know of any way for one wizard to light all three crystals in the alloted time.

You'll need at least 2 wizards to get all of the way to Malistaire, since the two Draconians have to be defeated within (I believe) 90 seconds of each other to avoid their respawning.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Sorry, but like you said, the minimum is 2 players (one using marker) in order to unlock the door.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
they are quite easy, you just need to work with your friends to get them. activate them together with your friends and port back to the door. trust me, you have time to return to the door. mark the door, activate the crystals, port back to the door, and have the rest of them port to you.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
AutumnBluesong wrote:
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had managed to get past those pesky crystal stands that open up the crown of fire on their own? I mean, from what I can see it requires three people minimum to do it, or two and a port mark. However, I've just got me most of the time. Anyone have any ideas?

You are right, you do require multiple party members...this is the only place where you need it for the timing.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I realize this is my second post in this thread.

It would be possible for one person get past the crystals by creating and logging into a second account, true-friending the main wizard, then teleporting in and using a marker to get two of the crystals.

As for the two Decaying Blackguards, it might be possible for some schools to defeat the second enemy within the time limit using a blade, trap/Feint, and the top spell.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Wait, you're trying to solo The Great Spyre? That will not work never, when you manage to beat The Great Spyre you will know why. But, just look around for other people, till you got enough.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Whenever I have done it at least two people are required, with one location port marked as you stated. Due to short time crystals are active I haven't found a way around it with only one person.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
Thats a tough one but u should get atleast 3 or 4 trainers with u to help u with the crystal stands. I once helped my friend do this he didn't really know what to do till he figured out how to get crystals working. so you should do the same as him idk if that helps but ok 8)

Evan Thunderspear
Level 49 Diviner