Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes are underway in Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
i just got DS about an hour ago so.... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
AJ0Babygirl wrote:
phoenixburner wrote:
I have to disagree with all the people who post here and say how great Dragonspyre is now after changing. I have one Grandmaster and three masters in DS and believe me, it has not gotten easier, especially in the dungeons (Labyrinth). After cutbacks on health for storm and fire, and with all the fizzes, cheats and weakness's throwed at you, you run out of health before you can beat any of the boss's. It's a shame that my grandchildren are crying because they can't beat this area. This is supposed to be a KID friendly area, not for someone who wants a little more "challenge". Now its all about the crowns, buying health and henchman to help you beat a boss. What a shame, this use to be an enjoyable game by many. I for one will not spend ONE MORE CROWN, and believe me I've spent A LOT, I don't enjoy this game at all any more. And don't tell me to go somewhere else if I don't like it, why don't you GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and play a harder game if you want the challenge. Remember: KID FRIENDLY

Well it's not like they made it harder! And I made it through DS without using crowns, I just played with some friends. It's not honestly that hard and you don't have to be rude about it. I'm sorry but that's just how I feel and if you disagree then I'm sorry.

Angela BlueCloud
Level 48
Life

I believe her point is that this was meant to be a family friendly game, which kids enjoy as well as adults. I just arrived in Dragonspyre after it was nerfed and it still takes me a while to work my way through some of the bosses. I can beat the bosses, but it takes a good amount of time, especially when I end up dying and retrying. I can't imagine younger players were having any fun trying to make it through Dragonspyre.

Not everyone has friends to play with, and I don't use crowns. I solo most of the time unless my quests happen to sync up with another player in the area. I also play a lot late in the evening and overnight. In the more difficult areas I sometimes don't see another player the entire time I am there. Trying to solo Dragonspyre at an even higher difficulty level than it is currently at would probably make me want to cry just like AJO's grandkids. I think this was a positive change.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
I had a Grand Master Balance go through DS completely before the changes, my Grand Master Death was halfway through when the changes were implemented, and my Master Storm is going through post-change and now has access to DS Academy.

It is much more enjoyable now with the way things are than before. Moosho is still my favorite, but I don't just dread DS now. I still don't like MB, but DS is OK.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
I am so happy whith the changes

I am a lvl. 42 in dragonspire, but i stopped playing for 3 months because dragonspire seemed impossible .

now i am on again
THANKS FOR THE CHANGES

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I just farmed Gurtok Demon in Plaza of Conquests with some friends. He has 10,000 hit points. If all you other grands want a challenge, farm the four bosses in that plaza. Try it solo. Do Briskbreeze or the new MB tower. But don't complain if the powers that be decided to make DS more KID friendly. (Wish they'd do a bit of tweaking in Marleybone...hint hint) My son plays this game, and pretty soon, he will be in MB. I have warned him as much as I can about being yanked off the sides into battles, and will try and help him any way I can. KI did a GREAT job with DS, and I for one, as a parent of a kid who loves Wizard101, appreciate it very, very much. Keep up the good work, and thanks again for putting kids first! Erin Dawn Weaver, Grand Master Life :-)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
The game is supposed to be challenging.........stop crying and play the game if not go to Facebook and play Farmville......

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I wish this change had happened before i finished Dragonspyre on my first wizard Oh well haha

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:

Based on the feedback of many of our Wizards, we have taken a long look at Dragonspyre and made some minor adjustments that will ensure that the world is fun and challenging both for players who play in groups, and for those who play solo.

Living in a lava filled world has had an effect on the residents of Dragonspyre.

*the health of many creatures has decreased
*the experience rewards have been increased
*fewer creatures will need to be defeated to meet quest requirements
*fewer items will need to be collected to meet quest requirements
*several of the gauntlets have fewer rooms

We feel these changes bring Dragonspyre more in-line with the difficulty to reward balance of the other worlds of the Spiral.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
dragonspyre is easy -_-

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
i did it without this it is easier yes but it was a challenge ok i like that don't say then go play a harder game cause this game is fun i want you to if the exp is higher make it harder it is easy i did it about 1000 people have done it

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

Based on the feedback of many of our Wizards, we have taken a long look at Dragonspyre and made some minor adjustments that will ensure that the world is fun and challenging both for players who play in groups, and for those who play solo.

Living in a lava filled world has had an effect on the residents of Dragonspyre.

We feel these changes bring Dragonspyre more in-line with the difficulty to reward balance of the other worlds of the Spiral.

I recently leveled to Grandmaster but havent finished all my quests? I dont know if I should finish them or wait for celestia I dont want to lose that experience toward level 60 which by the way I truly think should be raised higher in anticipation of more worlds to be added so this quandry wouldnt be happening.

I dont know what to do now? I dont want to waste xp that wont count after the level cap is raised but I really like the game and have been unable to start another character because the first one isnt finished LOL bit bi polar here. I have to finish all wth the first before I am able to focus on another character. It only took me a month to reach Grandmaster sobs I need more as I have been unable to focus on a new char. I made one just havent been able to focus on it when my original isnt finished with quests. Perhaps is there a way we could store our xp for when the cap is raised? So I could finish all dragonspyre quests and grizzlehelm ones? I got stuck on Jotun lol I prefer to do all my quests solo, I dont mind helping others just was so tired when I came here of leeches ks'ing or letting you do all the fighting using up your resources while they sit back and benefit or in this instance leeching off your xp and drops since I noticed that the xp amount decreases the more people in your group or am I wrong in this? Well thanks for letting me vent Plz PLz PLZ open celestia

Destiny WindDreamer
Myth Grandmaster

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
The world of dragonspyre has been resintly underwent changes and motifications, which are listed below

- the bosses have redusded in power
- when you fight a boss you will gane more XP
- and the towers have a lot less levels in them
- there are fewer bosses theat need to be fought
- there are fewwer ideams that need the be found

I hope you enjoy the changes that were make the drangospyre. I will surely keep you updated on this worlds and all of the others. Have a grate time in the aproved world.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
alienforce0320 wrote:
ProspectorZeke wrote:

Wow Tangoberries!

Will it decrease rank color?
why didint they do that when i was working on it :x

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Lol, I just wanna say that i finished ds and then KI made the changes lolz

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
i believe that to make game easier is the wrong move,Then it gets boring. other wizards must learn to t oughen up.the game needs to be challenging.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

** I appreciate that you made Dragonspyre easier; however, I'm still struggling to get through. Must I complete every quest before going on to the next world? I'm already level 50 and getting very tired and bored of grinding in Dragonspyre. Any friendly advise?

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Survivor
May 17, 2010
donellsr wrote:
i believe that to make game easier is the wrong move,Then it gets boring. other wizards must learn to t oughen up.the game needs to be challenging.

I agree completely. As a level 47 life wizard I am NEVER defeated or even close, and I cannot understand how anyone else is at this level. For instance, I fight all the Plaza guys alone, handled Jotun and his brothers easily with a good group, etc. I think that the game has to be harder not easier to be more fun. There should be quests that are VERY hard to do and battles that require real skill and strategy.

I would love to battle someone that defeats me a few times and I have to really plan (and get lucky) to win. The only area I have found really challenging was Kennsington Park, unfortunately it also was a bit tedious...maybe too much of a good thing.

On another note, the ability to flee a battle where you are defeated get full health and mana and port back in is HORRIBLE. I saw a player do this two times during the final Ravenscar battle (which is a really good one, BTW). It is UNFAIR. If you get defeated you should either be defeated or be revived by your team mate.

My 2 cents...

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
sabrina72 wrote:
I agree with fish111. Anyone can get through DS with help from some friends. I hope KI doesn't give in to every single whiny player that crys "This is too hard!" I enjoy the challenge of the game so please don't dumb it down any further.
i was in labyrinth last night and i have to do it over and i did the whole thing and i not getting xp.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
i have finished DS and everything but now i'm on the warehouse. Really, the warehouse is almost IMPOSSIBLE. The last boss does a multi lvl 48 spell almost every round. I think a lot of people would have a better chance if we could PORT to our teammates instead of going all the way up to the last floor. I think the boss should use pips like we do instead of just doing high spells every round. I REALLY want to get the Celestia key before it comes out so i can just go in and do quests. I can't WAIT until Celestia comes out

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
latida323 wrote:
i have finished DS and everything but now i'm on the warehouse. Really, the warehouse is almost IMPOSSIBLE. The last boss does a multi lvl 48 spell almost every round. I think a lot of people would have a better chance if we could PORT to our teammates instead of going all the way up to the last floor. I think the boss should use pips like we do instead of just doing high spells every round. I REALLY want to get the Celestia key before it comes out so i can just go in and do quests. I can't WAIT until Celestia comes out
I agree with you in MANY ways.

hahahahaha

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Uh, I am a grandmaster ( Necromancer ) and I just completed Dragonspyre and you make it better? Wow, that's cold ( no offense KI ). Well, I suppose it will be easy for my Life and Balance ( both initiate ) wizards, so I can sort of thank you KI.

Richard Shadowstaff, Soloed "M" 20 times, grandmaster necromancer - learn the power of death 8) ( sent from I-Phone )

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
With the expecting of mavra and her shield pucks, I think it's been made too easy. Also, I web that most of the bosses werent mini dungeons and just had harder bosses.

While I realize it's an all ages game, you still have to keep the adults happy too.

And if you're going tease me with health wisps and let me go back to them in one dungeon, I should be allowed to backtrack in all of them instead throwing out of the dungeon. Or at least warn me before hand.

Level 49 Master Necromancer Fiona Dragonwrath.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
Not. Fair. At. All. I had to go through about 4-5 months on working at finishing Dragonspyre. Now all of the new coming players get it easier for them, please raise the difficulty back to what it was!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
MABorth wrote:
I have beaten Dragonspyre 3 times, so the Quests don't really bother me. But thank you for "dumbing it down" a little bit. Some of the item collection Quests have gotten really annoying. For example, I had to get 4 textbooks from Terrorwing Warlocks, i think they were called. I went to the exact place on my map where their picture was, and when I finish battling 3 of them (I had a friend with me), I got nothing. This is the only thing i have a problem with.

OMG! That happened to me AFTER the change!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Unfortunately, I have no real life friends who play the game. Thus I cannot count on anyone helping me. I just started DS and find it incredibably difficult. I cannot imagine what it must have been like before. Thanks for the changes. :D

Zachary Stormmancer Level 43 Master Sorceror