Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Valencian Steel

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
Hi, does anyone know the best boss, plant or mob that drops Steel? I need it because I would like to craft some Pet gems for my fire. Thanks!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I've had some luck with the death jackals in Zamunda (right when you enter the area).

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
KaylaIronCaller on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Hi, does anyone know the best boss, plant or mob that drops Steel? I need it because I would like to craft some Pet gems for my fire. Thanks!
You might try the Bazaar. I have bought several there.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Grand Tourney housing gauntlet, currently available online, definitely does drop brass and steel, plus pet snacks. The gauntlet is challenging to solo but fairly easy if you take at least one other friend in with you.

Star Jewel Blossoms are the very best gardening source for brass and steel. Unfortunately, the plants themselves are an extremely rare prize that come from the Farley's gardening pack and/or other jewel blossom plants. I got mine by starting with two Circle jewel blossoms and after about 15 harvests, one of them dropped a Star blossom. During the last double gardening event, I doubled that single into two, then doubled it again - so now I have four. With all their "likes" on the jewel blossoms go through their whole life cycle within three days. Super fast!

As for bosses that drop steel, there are far too many to name. Starting at Celestia and beyond, both brass and steel are literally dropped everywhere, by practically everyone. Just ... rarely.

All you can do is keep questing, and pay attention during mob and boss fights. When you notice that you got steel as a prize, note that down.

(As for me, I've noted that the Gladiator Dimachaerus in Mt Olympus drops both brass and steel, plus the coveted Potent Trap treasure card. He's available to fight if you're level 30 or higher, but TOUGH to solo. Take friends. He's hidden behind the 'chess game,' across from Hephaestus's Hall.)

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
In walruksberg there are some bears in the armory that you can farm and you always get 3 even if you are solo, they seem to drop steel at a pretty good rate.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
In walruksberg there are some bears in the armory that you can farm and you always get 3 even if you are solo, they seem to drop steel at a pretty good rate.
Sorry for the late reply, but could you tell me which dungeon it is? Thanks!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
KaylaIronCaller on Jul 9, 2017 wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, but could you tell me which dungeon it is? Thanks!
Its called The Armory it is one of the ones up the stairs there, just do the first floor.