Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Next Crafting Level Above Revered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
Hello,

I was wondering if or when there will ever be a new crafting level above Revered. I was sure it would be out with the new world of Karamelle. I love crafting and was hoping that we would get to craft hats, robes, and boots next with our friend the Forge of Legends.

Please if any one knows when or if this will happen let me know. I also want to craft other things also. I would love to be able to craft a new pet with the crafting level.

Thank you.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Here are the facts:
  • Crafting was added in the July 2009 update
  • Promethean Crafting (Khrysalis) was added in the April 2014 update
  • Visionary Crafting (Arcanum/Mirage) was added in the November 2016 update
  • Revered Crafting (Arcanum/Empyrea) was added in the November 2017 update

Crafting was updated with each world between 2009-2014. There was a short break until 2016, but we saw an extension in 2017. Nothing revolutionary changed between 2017-present (March 2021).

Here is some speculation on the future:

Revered Crafting feels like an endpoint. It requires fairly difficult-to-obtain reagents that involve spending time on diverse portions of the game (PVP or pet tournaments, fishing, silver chests or farming) and the time sink in collecting all previous crafting tiers.

However, there are a lot of portions in the game that involve crafting, so the system should be expanded on. Here are some near to long-term possibilities:
  1. A new wand tier. 115+ and 125+ exist. A 135+ may be coming now that 140 is the max level.
  2. Return to generic crafting quests in each world. This could happen, but random people in the Spiral knowing more than you and Ferric will feel bad lore-wise. The lack of crafting specific to the Polaris, Mirage, Empyrea arc, and Karamelle might also suggest Kingsisle is wants to move away from this.
  3. Expanding the Forge of Legends Storyline. It's unclear from dialogue exactly where the Forge came from, what makes it unique, or whether there are more things we can create on it. A dungeon with Ferric as a companion could expand this story.
  4. Late-game crafting changes completely. There is some merit to this. The integration with jewel socketing feels flawed at the moment (e.g. multiple Darkmoor decks with different socket types, jewel crafting itself is random). There's misalignment on improving gear rather than just crafting new gear, and improving specific stats on gear doesn't exist currently.

If Kingsisle releases an April 2021 update (following a pattern from the previous few years), a 135+ version of the wands might fit their pattern of past releases.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
infinity00 on Mar 9, 2021 wrote:
Here are the facts:
  • Crafting was added in the July 2009 update
  • Promethean Crafting (Khrysalis) was added in the April 2014 update
  • Visionary Crafting (Arcanum/Mirage) was added in the November 2016 update
  • Revered Crafting (Arcanum/Empyrea) was added in the November 2017 update

Crafting was updated with each world between 2009-2014. There was a short break until 2016, but we saw an extension in 2017. Nothing revolutionary changed between 2017-present (March 2021).

Here is some speculation on the future:

Revered Crafting feels like an endpoint. It requires fairly difficult-to-obtain reagents that involve spending time on diverse portions of the game (PVP or pet tournaments, fishing, silver chests or farming) and the time sink in collecting all previous crafting tiers.

However, there are a lot of portions in the game that involve crafting, so the system should be expanded on. Here are some near to long-term possibilities:
  1. A new wand tier. 115+ and 125+ exist. A 135+ may be coming now that 140 is the max level.
  2. Return to generic crafting quests in each world. This could happen, but random people in the Spiral knowing more than you and Ferric will feel bad lore-wise. The lack of crafting specific to the Polaris, Mirage, Empyrea arc, and Karamelle might also suggest Kingsisle is wants to move away from this.
  3. Expanding the Forge of Legends Storyline. It's unclear from dialogue exactly where the Forge came from, what makes it unique, or whether there are more things we can create on it. A dungeon with Ferric as a companion could expand this story.
  4. Late-game crafting changes completely. There is some merit to this. The integration with jewel socketing feels flawed at the moment (e.g. multiple Darkmoor decks with different socket types, jewel crafting itself is random). There's misalignment on improving gear rather than just crafting new gear, and improving specific stats on gear doesn't exist currently.

If Kingsisle releases an April 2021 update (following a pattern from the previous few years), a 135+ version of the wands might fit their pattern of past releases.
I did not know dates, thank you for that.

I would not be unhappy if we got a new wand for level 135
However if they never expand crafting beyond the level it is at now when we have the forge of legends and could possibly make so much more with it than a wand, I will be livid with rage.

If they wait till the next world to give us super revered or what ever it will be called I would be ok with that too, but it would be four years then with out a crafting update.