Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

scrap iron

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
even with the update, there is still not enough scrap iron. I have spent hours trying to find 80 pieces of scrap iron. I found enough for only 3 items. How am I suppose to find the rest, when it rarely comes up.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
I don't get it... do they really want you to jump from realm to realm grabbing up all scrap iron before anybody else can get there..?

Wouldn't there be more wizards helping each other if the top (not just getting part-way and bailing), of the towers paid better (sunken city as well).

Hero
May 27, 2009
Actually I think you're supposed to pick up the scrap iron as you are running here and there on your quests. However, since so many people had Grandmasters anxious to complete the crafting, it seems like everyone got in a real hurry to snatch up all the reagents they could find. Also, because the higher level housing items sometimes require springs as ingredients, that causes more harvesting of scrap iron for the spring rare find.

Hopefully in a short time, scrap iron will be more plentiful at the Bazaar, like parchment and mistwood have become.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
I need almost 80 pieces of scrap iron as well! And thats just for my oldest wizard, my newer one needs it too. Rediculous! And NO, it's not becoming more available at the bazaar. If they want us to need so much, it should be offered either by the reagents vendor or more of it in all the worlds, much more.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
roseyd wrote:
I need almost 80 pieces of scrap iron as well! And thats just for my oldest wizard, my newer one needs it too. Rediculous! And NO, it's not becoming more available at the bazaar. If they want us to need so much, it should be offered either by the reagents vendor or more of it in all the worlds, much more.

Everyone, if you fight everyone for the scrap iron at the peak times, you will get nowhere. Trying when things are busy is what is rediculous. Try after 10ish pacific or before 7am eastern and you will be fine.

Just be aware before you go further, scrap iron is easy compared to those things you need for the DS quests: diamonds, black pearls and blood moss.

My guess is that while anyone and his brother is and can be a grandmaster, getting to master crafter is much rarer.