Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP?!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Why do I have to pvp for a crafting quest?! Bad enough I got the quest in Mirage but it requires stuff in the next world. I honestly hate pvping I'd much rather coop with players than fight them.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Tying parts of a game that you do not wish to participate in, to further a different part of the game, is simply poor judgement on the part of KI. Other major games learned a hard lesson about this. (it cost them subscribers). Myself and others posted numerous times about this problem, and we were quickly ignored. I understand your frustration, as you have a valid point.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2018
people unsubscribe because they are forced to pvp for crafting?

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
You can do Daily Assignments as well. I was honestly about to say Pet Derby, too but no one does that anymore.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
zachshock on Jan 5, 2019 wrote:
Why do I have to pvp for a crafting quest?! Bad enough I got the quest in Mirage but it requires stuff in the next world. I honestly hate pvping I'd much rather coop with players than fight them.
Simple answer - you don't!

It's a PARTICIPATION trophy, not a PVP trophy.

It's just a reagent (required for an optional side crafting quest - skipping this quest does not affect our ability to progress in the storyline or crafting). It isn't ONLY available through PvP, that just happens to be the quickest way to get arena tickets to buy them...at the moment. They are also awarded for participating in daily assignments.

There have been many other reagents that have limited availability when they are first introduced. They are always given better availability and more options of how to obtain them later. When they are considered 'high level content' they have to give enough of a challenge to satisfy the many players who complain things are 'too easy' and claim to have 'completed everything' (even though they really mean they have completed everything they feel like completing).

Think of the potent trap...for a long time it was not a quest reward and was not available through gardening. It was a ridiculously rare drop from max level bosses and the easiest option was potentially via PvP (and that was at a time when PvP always cost crowns). How about amber, vines, braided vines, agave nectar, sunstone (all purchasable with arena tickets when they were highly desired and very limited elsewhere)?

Perhaps if we stop talking about it as if it were a 'PVP trophy' and started recognising it as a 'PARTICIPATION trophy' we would stop focussing on what we don't want to do and start focussing on what we want to happen - more drop opportunities for participating in things. There are loads of potential opportunities to have this in the drop table, from fishing to dungeons etc... For all we know, KI might already have a dungeon planned where it will be an auto-drop every time we complete it.

If it's too frustrating or tedius, wait for it to become more widely available...reagents always start off limited then become easier to obtain

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
Simple answer - you don't!

It's a PARTICIPATION trophy, not a PVP trophy.

It's just a reagent (required for an optional side crafting quest - skipping this quest does not affect our ability to progress in the storyline or crafting). It isn't ONLY available through PvP, that just happens to be the quickest way to get arena tickets to buy them...at the moment. They are also awarded for participating in daily assignments.

There have been many other reagents that have limited availability when they are first introduced. They are always given better availability and more options of how to obtain them later. When they are considered 'high level content' they have to give enough of a challenge to satisfy the many players who complain things are 'too easy' and claim to have 'completed everything' (even though they really mean they have completed everything they feel like completing).

Think of the potent trap...for a long time it was not a quest reward and was not available through gardening. It was a ridiculously rare drop from max level bosses and the easiest option was potentially via PvP (and that was at a time when PvP always cost crowns). How about amber, vines, braided vines, agave nectar, sunstone (all purchasable with arena tickets when they were highly desired and very limited elsewhere)?

Perhaps if we stop talking about it as if it were a 'PVP trophy' and started recognising it as a 'PARTICIPATION trophy' we would stop focussing on what we don't want to do and start focussing on what we want to happen - more drop opportunities for participating in things. There are loads of potential opportunities to have this in the drop table, from fishing to dungeons etc... For all we know, KI might already have a dungeon planned where it will be an auto-drop every time we complete it.

If it's too frustrating or tedius, wait for it to become more widely available...reagents always start off limited then become easier to obtain
Well lets see it requires pvp tickets so it's automatically pvp but it's be great if the guy next to the bazaar sold these.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
zachshock on Jan 10, 2019 wrote:
Well lets see it requires pvp tickets so it's automatically pvp but it's be great if the guy next to the bazaar sold these.
I used PvP for arena tickets until I found out they dropped from daily assignments. Then I just did daily assignments instead - no arena tickets required!

If you don't like either route just wait until they are more widely available...the quest is a side-quest of a side-quest!

Survivor
Mar 05, 2019
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I've made Revered wands on 2 of my characters from doing daily assignments but I stopped doing dailies after going a couple of months without getting a trophy.

PvP players can use arena tickets to buy Amber and other rare reagents and are "excused" from participating in Gardening (there's that word; participating) so they can craft Deer Knight and all the other spells that were going to "break PvP forever" if everyone doesn't have them. It wasn't fair that only gardeners could have a reliable source for Amber.

In all fairness, there should be a gardening source for participation trophies. Not that the Revered wands are worth anything except for the energy (that you use for gardening) and extra fishing luck, I certainly don't use them for questing, they're just about worthless compared to a wand you could get from a pack. If the Revered wands had huge damage boost, 150+ critical and maybe a Triangle socket, I could see the reason for the difficulty in getting the reagents, but like I said, it's a wand you 'll make and then hang on the wall.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Maybe they will be added as a reward for participating in the new Deckathalon events? That would be really good!