Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Participation Trophy Reagent

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
SparkleTude on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
Yay!

Someone in the "older players" thread had the idea of a weekly meeting in a given realm, wearing a certain hat, for people who wanted to quest with other "older players."

That's when it struck me the same thing could be done but for people who wanted a gentler PVP experience. And to help each other gather up the trophies needed for Revered Crafting.

I don't know what will happen but I a willing to "dive in." Does anyone have a preference for realms? We could say any day, since time zones and what not will vary, and the appeal for this might be very large.

What should be the signal of being a PVP Shirker? A color of hat or a type of hat maybe?
What does everyone think?
Count me in! I think all black outfits would go well :p I just really love the color black so idk xd

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
I for 1 don't pvp and getting 5 "participation trophies" which can only be bought with 800 arena tickets, not everyone does pvp or pet derbies so how the heck are we supposed to get 45,000 arena tickets? this quest is not fair for all players. why should we be FORCED to participate in these ? maybe they could be bought with gold as an option to make the quest fair.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
rude dawg on Nov 29, 2017 wrote:
I for 1 don't pvp and getting 5 "participation trophies" which can only be bought with 800 arena tickets, not everyone does pvp or pet derbies so how the heck are we supposed to get 45,000 arena tickets? this quest is not fair for all players. why should we be FORCED to participate in these ? maybe they could be bought with gold as an option to make the quest fair.
You might want to actually read this thread. If you had, you'd know that, in addition to PVP and pet derby, participation trophies can be obtained in the following ways:

Do the Daily Assignments. Do these on all your wizards, no matter the level of that wizard. Participation trophies are dropping on 'chest' days, but you don't get a notification. You'll have to look in your backpack.

Sign up for PVP Tournaments, then quickly log out when the first match starts. Stay offline for a few hours. You will automatically get 250 tickets just for doing this.

Join a group of us "crafters who don't like PVP." We are planning to try tournaments together as a group so we don't have to face the hard core.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
They are not forcing anyone to participate in PvP. You can get Participation Trophies as drops from the Daily Assignment chests, and I've gotten 4 just from there. I imagine I'll get my 5th one soon, and I would have done absolutely no PvP in getting all my Trophies.

Kingsisle provided an alternative source to obtaining Participation Trophies, you just have to choose to use it.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
You aren't forced to pvp to get this reagent. As others have said, it's possible to get this reagent through the Daily Assignment chest. I currently have one of them I don't pvp at all.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Mirajane7887 on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
Count me in! I think all black outfits would go well :p I just really love the color black so idk xd
Thanks all, for the positive responses. It's appreciated.

Freshta yes I thank you for your suggestions about starting a new topic. But I thought I would first see if enough people here were interested. Thanks.

Mirajane I wonder if black although a really great color to wear might blend in because many other wizards wear black.

I like the idea of wearing a hat of a bright color maybe but I'm not sure.

I want to go in game and look around and see what might be easy (and cheap) to buy and dye. And to pick a realm.

Then I will start a new topic Freshta. We had some things to work out here first.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Area51Alien on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
Orange Hats?

Realm... Greyrose?

Steven Ghoststalker
You must have read my mind. I was thinking orange hats also.

The realm Greyrose is claimed by another group and I'm not sure if it could get confusing...Let me go in world and see what names there are.

Thanks for the support.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
SparkleTude on Nov 29, 2017 wrote:
You must have read my mind. I was thinking orange hats also.

The realm Greyrose is claimed by another group and I'm not sure if it could get confusing...Let me go in world and see what names there are.

Thanks for the support.
I'll be swinging by later this afternoon

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
I have never done a pvp but would be interested in losing for the tickets. Count me in.Just message me.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
So I guess current consensus is: Any orange hat or hood; Sunbird realm; 8 AM, 4 PM, 8 PM, 4 AM, Central Standard USA time zone. That's when the meetup times are. Of course people can go any time.

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Thank you so much for arranging this Sparkletude! Hope to see you all there!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
right, like PvP players are FORCED to craft and make pets?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
it's a good enough idea about the pvp matches if you're a member but nonmembers can't enter these matches so it still favors some and excludes others

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
rude dawg on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
it's a good enough idea about the pvp matches if you're a member but nonmembers can't enter these matches so it still favors some and excludes others
But there's no way around that I guess.

Revered Crafting is a member benefit, then?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
rude dawg on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
Non members can PvP, you just need to pay crowns to do that! Alternately, you can purchase a 1 month membership and get enough tickets in 1 month honestly! They often have a 1 month member sale for 4.95 on accounts without membership! I know KI expecting us to spend money on the game we enjoy is just ridiculous right lol!

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Dear Shirkers (and KI),

So I've donned my orange hat and roamed around the PVP lobby in Sunbird but unfortunately, haven't met up with any of you yet. Last night, I bit the bullet and joined a 2V2 with my max Life (hoping at least to bring healing to the situation). I'm going to share my experience for 1) those who have not participated in PVP tournaments and 2) for those who have, who can possibly tell me what I did wrong/right.

When the 1st battle (there were 4) started, I was teleported to the arena. No idea who my teammate would be or what I may need so I packed everything I could think of. There was no talking from my teammate, ever, even after whispering to him. They took me out in 3 rounds. I stayed because I didn't know if I should flee and no one gave any tips during the match.

For the 2nd battle, I showed buy my teammate didn't. The opponent said, "I'm so sorry" and killed me in 3 rounds.

For the 3rd battle, my teammate returned, however, the opposing team only had 1 player. My teammate said, "rip." Which I thought was rude and why I disklike PVP. The 4th battle was the same configuration. We won both.

My team ended up placing 7th and I received around 1,000 arena tickets. There is a "Roll the Dice" opportunity in which you can spend crowns to get more rewards (arena tickets). After around 4,000 crowns, I had enough to get 5 participation trophies ... enough for 1 out of 6 of my characters. This took around 2.5 hours.

KI, if you're reading this, I hated every second of it. It's just not what I want my Wizard101 experience to be. I know there are drops in the daily reward chest, however, I've only received 2. If I have to fork out crowns at the end of the tourney to get enough tickets, just let me buy the trophies with crowns.

I'm still happy to meet up and PVP with fellow Shirkers, however, I think I may just let this crafting level slide. I look to Wizard101 to relieve stress, not increase it.

I am hoping there is a way to meet in the middle, KI.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
I have shown up and found no one there wearing an orange hat, hence I still need the 10 trophies. Is anyone really showing up for this idea?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Hello!

Ya I find it annoying that you have to pvp to get the trophies, but at least we can earn them in daily rewards.
Hopefully this will be the only crafting quest that requires pvp.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2015
I don't like PVP, not very good at it, but I went ahead and did a tournament classic 1v1. To my surprise, I won first round and third round matches and came away with 500 arena tickets. The best part came with the rewards, you can roll for more rewards. It costs crowns, but I rolled for additional rewards and ended up with 4 1000 arena tickets and then some. I ended up with over 6000 arena tickets by playing one tournament. I was able to get my 5 participation trophies.

Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
What should I do????? NONE of the guys near the pvp arena sells that particular reagent! just the usual ones

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Bagnold on Dec 21, 2017 wrote:
I have shown up and found no one there wearing an orange hat, hence I still need the 10 trophies. Is anyone really showing up for this idea?
I show up with an orange hat, but there's never anyone there

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
BrandBrandPowers12... on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
What should I do????? NONE of the guys near the pvp arena sells that particular reagent! just the usual ones
The participation trophies are sold in the pet arena. Why? Because ... um, I have no idea why. It's a PVP trophy, so it should be sold by the PVP arena. But it isn't.

Anyway, you'll find it in the Pet Pavilion, where you go for pet training.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
The worst part about PVP is that apparently it is considered rude to speak or not rude to say nothing at all until you decide to taunt and belittle your opponents. These activities should be reportable. I have almost given up doing this deplorable activities because of this. Unfortunately they need more monitoring of these activities. I doubt they even monitor it truly. I have never had a pleasant experience with PVP, and no one gives any idea what is expected except don't talk til the end. Poor follow through on KI part.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
lori582 on Feb 15, 2018 wrote:
The worst part about PVP is that apparently it is considered rude to speak or not rude to say nothing at all until you decide to taunt and belittle your opponents. These activities should be reportable. I have almost given up doing this deplorable activities because of this. Unfortunately they need more monitoring of these activities. I doubt they even monitor it truly. I have never had a pleasant experience with PVP, and no one gives any idea what is expected except don't talk til the end. Poor follow through on KI part.
As I understand it, the reason people don't speak to each other during a match is strategy. Once you speak, you give your opponent a chance to see your gear and stats, which might give them an edge over you. So it's better to stay silent until the match is all but over.

At the end or very near end of the match, it's good form to say "gg" (good game) no matter the outcome. At that point, some people do start up a conversation and some just port away.

As for those who are rude, insulting, taunting, etc... Your best bet is to say nothing and put them on ignore. Click on them and select the face that looks like this: That will silence them as far as you're concerned.

For what it's worth, when I went into the arena recently to get my tickets, I found most people were quiet. There was a girl who was really friendly but she quickly turned aggressive when someone nearby commented on something she'd just said to me. That shocked me. Oh, and of course there was lots of posturing. Being such an outsider myself, I felt like an anthropologist just studying the culture.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 03, 2014
i decided not to advance in crafting, sadly i just don't enjoy pvp and it isn't fair to the others on a team
so i just will content myself with the lesser bow from ignus forge and call it a day
that goes for all my wizards....seems i am not alone