Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Scrap Iron...is it broke?????

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 19, 2008
I have been looking for scrap iron in all the old places! I have not found a single solitary piece today. Whats up with that? Is it broke????

I need 10 items that require 8 pieces of iron on each which is 80 pieces! I have found zero.

Please fix!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I'm having the exact same problem! I thought I just wasn't looking in the right place.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Found some scrap iron in "Iron Works", of all places. Of course, I was playing at about at 02:30. :D

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Bumping this topic because I'm frustrated with figuring out where the scrap iron is supposed to be, too...

Hero
May 27, 2009
I am finished with scrap iron and on to Mooshu, so I'll give away my secrets. Run all the way to the back of Newgate Prison. There is an area where the O'Leary Brutes are roaming. Set yourself a mark in front of the clock tower at one end (where you should be able to find some iron) and run to the other end of that section. There may be scrap iron there as well. Once you have run this section, change realms. Run it again. Changing realms four or five times should get you about ten scrap iron, along with some mist wood and maybe stone blocks. The more empty the realm the better. In between, pop back to the commons and run the circle. Also check the roof of Scotland Yard. It's best to do this in early morning or late at night. Using this method, I created all of the Marleybone requirements over four days.

Hope this helps.

Defender
May 06, 2009
pablohosehead wrote:
Bumping this topic because I'm frustrated with figuring out where the scrap iron is supposed to be, too...

As the first poster stated we need 80!!!!!!!!!! of these things. OH my I managed while leveling through marleybone to get about 20, oh yea that sounds good. :( needless to say I made 2 of the 10 items, and well I am seriously thinking about just stoping crafting because this is really just borked. I am not looking forward to mooshu's requirements or heck dragonspire. I mean really what is that great that you can craft? (still waiting on that one because no one can answer it)

Community Leader
Yes, the supply to demand ratio on both scrap iron and mist wood is really out of balance, especially where there are so many wizards competing for crafting items.

Deep mushrooms? Ore? Those I have TONS of.

I find that scouting late at night helps, but not everyone has that option. The system still needs a bit of fine tuning.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
I was open to the idea of crafting. Now I hate it.

Seriously.

Hate it.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
I have been finding it by going to knight's court and going back to Mikey the Brick. There are stone blocks and scrap iron there. I get what's there and then every minute change realms and get the stuff in that realm.

But I agree. The amount of scrap iron you need is outrageous.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
I agree the ratio of scrap iron is wacked. I have been working hard on collecting but for what? The items that can be made really won't help me out when I have spent money on getting good items at the store already. I am tired of spending hours trying to find what I need to move on. I am done with crafting. I thought it was a great idea but I hope that staff rethinks the problems of lack of material that is required to move on.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
Thanks for the information. I do hope someone does something about this. There are millions of us playing and the there are three places to find no more than three pieces at once and we each need 80 pieces.

That is just stupid and wrong.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I agree with this post. I am also stuck on MarleyBone crafting because I cannot find enough scrap iron. Cycle Harvesting has not even yielded a significant supply. The respawn rate on these items needs to be much higher. About the same rate as the boxes, flowers, dirt, gems, and brimstone are. And in the same quantities. I don't know what the respawn rate is now but it has got to be around ten to twelve hours. This is great if you only have one person looking for it but very bad if you have hundreds of thousands.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Thanks for all the help! I am hunting but now have about 20 pieces..keep the tips coming! Thanks!

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
bloom2b wrote:
I agree the ratio of scrap iron is wacked. I have been working hard on collecting but for what? The items that can be made really won't help me out when I have spent money on getting good items at the store already. I am tired of spending hours trying to find what I need to move on. I am done with crafting. I thought it was a great idea but I hope that staff rethinks the problems of lack of material that is required to move on.

DITTO to this whole thread. KI has to put in little hints in with each 'crafting recipe' as to where their ingredience can be found.
'Respawn rates need to be under 60 seconds.'
'Cool Down times' is that joke? HA HA very funny, Now please make it
Minutes and Seconds again. Instead of HOURS and Minutes.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Scrap Iron is still around it all the usual places. It does seem to be one of the rarest spawns in that there are a smaller number spawn points for this (usually near boss areas at the end of maps in MB) and the number needed is very great compared to others. This does appear to be a bottle neck in Crafting that will slow many people down but just keep with it and you will get there. Over time extras will be sold to the Bazaar as well just as Mistwood has started appearing in the Bazaar more often.

Survivor
May 20, 2009

I agree we need more matrial (plz exuse my spelling ) but really tons or srap iron needed and uh yea WERE IN MOOLINDA WU'S NAME IS IT! sma thing with ore plz fix it soon!

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
The whole regent system is stupid. Mist wood, parchment, scrap iron, stone blocks, ugh. This is especially annoying because I was in Marlybone when the patch exploded, so to actually make anything worthwhile, I have to rush through WC and Krok's crafting.

I really really really did not want to go back to Krok ever again after I left. I just really don't like it.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Blazian wrote:
The whole regent system is stupid. Mist wood, parchment, scrap iron, stone blocks, ugh. This is especially annoying because I was in Marlybone when the patch exploded, so to actually make anything worthwhile, I have to rush through WC and Krok's crafting.

I really really really did not want to go back to Krok ever again after I left. I just really don't like it.

I like Krok WAY better than I like Marleybone. Not near as scary to get dragged in a fight from out of no where either.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Finding scrap iron is pretty easy once you find the right spot and start server hopping. Ideally, you want an area that includes at least 2 boss hideouts and is small enough that you can run from one end to the other in less than 2 minutes without getting in any fights. (You can only switch servers every 60 seconds, so don't pick too small an area.)

I used the area in Chelsea Court between Shakes O'Leary and the McTavish Hideout. I ran from one end to the other, grabbing whatever I saw, then changed servers. I averaged around 1-2 pieces of scrap iron per server, which worked out to around 30 pieces per hour. Very boring, but effective.

The McTavish Hideout almost always has scrap iron, and sometimes you'll find 2 or 3 pieces in one pile. Good luck.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
i spent TWO -THREE HOURS in the iron works and came up with two peices only AND I AM MAD! i think there needs too be some abundance of them >:(

SRSLY FIX PLZ

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
yes it is most definatly Broke you should at the very least be able to get the materials you need in the time it takes to do the world. it should be. oh i am questing oh lookk scrap iron pick up move along. this having to spend hrs in the same spot switching servers ect... thats just poor design. wand the hours of cool down.. i cant even see the point aside from adding frustation.. I've played many other mmo's and honeslty i only popped in here out of boredome but then I started to enjoy the easy going playstyle. the simple lets just kick around a bit. now there trying to add I dont even know what it is there trying to add have yet to find anything i can make that i would trade in my zeke bought gear for.

that is also another problem there really does need to be a major upgrade somewhere in the game to the zeke gear.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I spent three weeks in Marleybone just finishing the world and still don't have enough scrap iron. I'm dreading going back, but I can't move up in crafting. I agree that the moderators need to post a reply about the lack of material. To just ignore the players is rude and does nothing to encourage us to recommend the game.

So, Professors, what do you intend to do about the lack of crafting materials?

Swim2sea

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I too am rather upset by the time lost in searching for such a rare item. Scrap iron at the quantities needed should be made available either in more quantities or by a vendor for purchase. Somewhere in Marleybone there should be a scrap iron vendor.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008