Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Scrap Iron...is it broke?????

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
5
Considering I just started playing about 2 weeks ago and from what I found is Big Ben is the best place I've gotten Scrap Iron. I recieve 5 to 6 pieces per run solo. So my advice is try doing instances rather than running around common areas where you are competing with everyone else hoping to see scrap iron laying around.

Good Luck

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
64
ArcanaJayne wrote:


Deep mushrooms? Ore? Those I have TONS of.



i have way too many of both of those but lets not forget the cat tails... WAY too many of those as well. i have so many of those that i know the limit of any kind of reagent... 100 . i have 100 deep mushrooms and cat tails but i only have like 80 ore. but still too many of those and not enough mist wood and scrap iron.
paul fireward, lvl 48 master pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
20
I can understand making some recipes require rare, or even very rare items (reagents).

I can even understand making recipes require multiples of items (5 or more) in order to craft the desired equipment.

What I don't understand is making recipes require multiples of very rare items.

Everyone above me is correct...either the amount of Scrap Iron required for Quest Required Recipes needs to be lowered (c'mon, 80 Scrap Iron for 10 items required for a quest....are you serious? ) or the frequency of the spawning of the reagent needs to be drastically increased.

So far I have only ran into 1 Scrap Iron spawn in MB. I can get a ton of Mistwood, Mushrooms and Cattails just walking down Cyclops Lane and into Festival Park. Granted that Mistwood, Mushrooms and Cattails are not rare spawn reagents...but then, we don't need EIGHTY of them for a single quest that is required to advance in Crafting.

I mean, Scrap Iron is apparently so rare . . . I can't find it in the Bazaar! No matter what time of day I look!

Please, please adjust Scrap Iron some way - either thru the required amount for the recipes (like 1 or 2 for each recipe, not 8 ) or make it spawn more often.

Cronniss Starrmyrr

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
Cronniss wrote:
I can understand making some recipes require rare, or even very rare items (reagents).

I can even understand making recipes require multiples of items (5 or more) in order to craft the desired equipment.

What I don't understand is making recipes require multiples of very rare items.

Everyone above me is correct...either the amount of Scrap Iron required for Quest Required Recipes needs to be lowered (c'mon, 80 Scrap Iron for 10 items required for a quest....are you serious? ) or the frequency of the spawning of the reagent needs to be drastically increased.

So far I have only ran into 1 Scrap Iron spawn in MB. I can get a ton of Mistwood, Mushrooms and Cattails just walking down Cyclops Lane and into Festival Park. Granted that Mistwood, Mushrooms and Cattails are not rare spawn reagents...but then, we don't need EIGHTY of them for a single quest that is required to advance in Crafting.

I mean, Scrap Iron is apparently so rare . . . I can't find it in the Bazaar! No matter what time of day I look!

Please, please adjust Scrap Iron some way - either thru the required amount for the recipes (like 1 or 2 for each recipe, not 8 ) or make it spawn more often.

Cronniss Starrmyrr


For scrap iron, black pearls, blood moss and diamonds, you really have to just suck it in and do the farming. If you farm, you can get a reasonable amount of scrap iron (20-40 per hour) in the right places (with realm shifting), as several have posted. Scrap iron has been on sale in the Bazzar, just as are the rest of the above are. Diamonds are sold in the afternoons, scrap iron late at night, the other two at random. Just a note and warning...scrap iron is easy compared to black perals (needed for the DS crafting quests).

On a side note, it appears that KI has listened, spawn rates for many things have increased (larger drops with a larger % rare chance)

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
32
It can be done!

But, if you think scrap iron was bad, just wait until you get to the quest where you need 75 diamonds. Diamonds are a rare reagent found with ore, and the average is about one diamond for every twenty pieces of ore that you harvest. In other words, you will end up having to harvest over a thousand pieces of ore in order to complete this quest.

What I started to realize, is that these quests are SUPPOSED to be hard! KI doesn't *want* us to finish these overnight.

The crafting quests are not meant to be easy experience quests. They are meant as busy work... to give us something else to do. If they wanted these quests to be easy, they wouldn't require so many rare reagents.

What would be the fun (or point) if you could just spend five minutes on it and that's that? It's supposed to be hard! We all either have to just deal with that fact, or just not do them. :)

~ Elo

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
3
Cronniss wrote:
I can understand making some recipes require rare, or even very rare items (reagents).

I can even understand making recipes require multiples of items (5 or more) in order to craft the desired equipment.

What I don't understand is making recipes require multiples of very rare items.

Everyone above me is correct...either the amount of Scrap Iron required for Quest Required Recipes needs to be lowered (c'mon, 80 Scrap Iron for 10 items required for a quest....are you serious? ) or the frequency of the spawning of the reagent needs to be drastically increased.

So far I have only ran into 1 Scrap Iron spawn in MB. I can get a ton of Mistwood, Mushrooms and Cattails just walking down Cyclops Lane and into Festival Park. Granted that Mistwood, Mushrooms and Cattails are not rare spawn reagents...but then, we don't need EIGHTY of them for a single quest that is required to advance in Crafting.

I mean, Scrap Iron is apparently so rare . . . I can't find it in the Bazaar! No matter what time of day I look!

Please, please adjust Scrap Iron some way - either thru the required amount for the recipes (like 1 or 2 for each recipe, not 8 ) or make it spawn more often.

Cronniss Starrmyrr


Making It this difficult to find regents for Uber powerful rare Items. I am great with that too. But Scrap Iron is a low level Quest for a crappy Item. Come on.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
I've found my scrap I ron in Marleybone in Regent's square mostly.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
17
in one very dedicated night i found all 80 peices of scrap iron! it took me over 2 hours but i finished it! my secret? knights court, very far ends, late at night, realm hopping and most of all patience.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
38
get on at these time.



6:00 to 7:00 am
12:00 to 1:00 pm
5:00 to 7:30pm

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
15
so frustrated! Been ALL OVER IronWorks... havent found ONE PIECE of scrap iron... anyone know of anywhere else to find it?? Even been in Big Ben lookin for it, and I keep getting sucked into battles. gggrrr!!!!! How frustrating! NOT FUN! Makes me wanna stop playing for a while.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
1
Matreya wrote:
so frustrated! Been ALL OVER IronWorks... havent found ONE PIECE of scrap iron... anyone know of anywhere else to find it?? Even been in Big Ben lookin for it, and I keep getting sucked into battles. gggrrr!!!!! How frustrating! NOT FUN! Makes me wanna stop playing for a while.


This is how I did it. I went to Newgate Prison, made my way to the teleporter. Then I ported to the teleport sites one by one. I usually always found scrap iron outside one of the bosses' dens. Then I would go back to the teleporter, change realms and do it again. I found 28 pieces of scrap iron in a little over an hour. Also found stoneblocks fossils and a ton of mistwood. Good Luck!

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
25
OMG I HATE FINDING IT but i do know a few good places to do so

for me i usually find it on most areas behind the water towers but other good places to find it are in dungeons like big ben, ironworks, and kensington park( which btw i finished) oh and most dungeons in mb and on one occasion i found it in sunken city but only ONE time

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
38
Hey thats my trick i think i met you before. OK i will argree it took me um 86 hours for me to get 36 pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh wait till you get to ds you have to get 75 diamonds i predicted it would take um like 10000 hours to finish it!

Survivor
Oct 30, 2008
21
steveheffner wrote:
pablohosehead wrote:
Bumping this topic because I'm frustrated with figuring out where the scrap iron is supposed to be, too...


As the first poster stated we need 80!!!!!!!!!! of these things. OH my I managed while leveling through marleybone to get about 20, oh yea that sounds good. :( needless to say I made 2 of the 10 items, and well I am seriously thinking about just stoping crafting because this is really just borked. I am not looking forward to mooshu's requirements or heck dragonspire. I mean really what is that great that you can craft? (still waiting on that one because no one can answer it)



Now all you need is two of each!CONGRADULATIONS!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
2
you can find it in Big Ben and the Counterweight West and East.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2008
21
Willowdreamer wrote:
I am finished with scrap iron and on to Mooshu, so I'll give away my secrets. Run all the way to the back of Newgate Prison. There is an area where the O'Leary Brutes are roaming. Set yourself a mark in front of the clock tower at one end (where you should be able to find some iron) and run to the other end of that section. There may be scrap iron there as well. Once you have run this section, change realms. Run it again. Changing realms four or five times should get you about ten scrap iron, along with some mist wood and maybe stone blocks. The more empty the realm the better. In between, pop back to the commons and run the circle. Also check the roof of Scotland Yard. It's best to do this in early morning or late at night. Using this method, I created all of the Marleybone requirements over four days.

Hope this helps.




I really don't get it.Can you be more specific?

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
3
DeejMaster wrote:
Found some scrap iron in "Iron Works", of all places. Of course, I was playing at about at 02:30. :D



but where in iron works??

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
18
Willowdreamer wrote:
I am finished with scrap iron and on to Mooshu, so I'll give away my secrets. Run all the way to the back of Newgate Prison. There is an area where the O'Leary Brutes are roaming. Set yourself a mark in front of the clock tower at one end (where you should be able to find some iron) and run to the other end of that section. There may be scrap iron there as well. Once you have run this section, change realms. Run it again. Changing realms four or five times should get you about ten scrap iron, along with some mist wood and maybe stone blocks. The more empty the realm the better. In between, pop back to the commons and run the circle. Also check the roof of Scotland Yard. It's best to do this in early morning or late at night. Using this method, I created all of the Marleybone requirements over four days.

Hope this helps.

i like this secret but if you do the same thing for regent`s square you can do the same thing. as long as its a perfect realm.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009
10
by the way I had a bug where poor me finished my crafting quest in marly bone but I sold it but I didn,t mean too :( :( :( :(


but then it woudn,t give me my gold and there is so much scrap iron requested in the marlybone craft quest.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
16
I can't find any either... Bazaar has none, and you can't even craft it until you get your advanced craftsman badge! I mean, come on!

Survivor
May 02, 2009
13
Cynical wrote:
I have been looking for scrap iron in all the old places! I have not found a single solitary piece today. Whats up with that? Is it broke????

I need 10 items that require 8 pieces of iron on each which is 80 pieces! I have found zero.

Please fix!


I was doing the same thing and all I found was 1 scrap iron and and that's it. I haven't looked in the shops yet. Maybe that helps.

~ Peachey521

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
Thank KI for that. When I needed Scrap Iron it was no where to be found, once I did not need it, Scrap Iron was everywhere, Even out in the wide open where everyone can see it. I found Scrap Iron in places that I thought would never spawn scrap iron.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
1
LADY GREYROSE RESPOND, the bazaar almost never has scrap iron and it is very hard to find i have been working on this quest for over 6 months

Moderator
Felicia Worthington in Marleybone sells a Transmute Scrap Iron recipe.
10 ores and 10 stone blocks can be transmuted into 1 Scrap Iron.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
May 30, 2010
191
you can buy it at Wc bazaar it is 90 gold each but it saves ya time finding them all

2