Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More black pearls!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
I find it's EXTREMELY hard to find black pearls. When i saw how many black lotus it took to make the pearls though, it's ridiculous! They should at least lower it to 5 lotus instead of 15! They should also make black pearls in black lotus more common.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Melissa423771 wrote:
I find it's EXTREMELY hard to find black pearls. When i saw how many black lotus it took to make the pearls though, it's ridiculous! They should at least lower it to 5 lotus instead of 15! They should also make black pearls in black lotus more common.

I am right there with you. What's more frustrating is after you have spent 70,000 gold and hours and hours farming for Lotuses, you finally finish the craft only to be given another one in DS that ALSO requires Black Pearls. It's ridiculous. I got one of my characters to finish all the crafting quests and then swore I'd never do it again.

To see if it was even something feasible in the normal play of the game, I created a new character that I played mostly by myself. I made sure to pick up EVERY SINGLE REAGENT that I ever came across. I never turned one down and I frequently made trips to known drop areas to pick up extras. That character is now level 47 and only has 2 black pearls and 40 black lotus flowers. There is no way that anyone can finish the crafting through the normal course of play. It requires many hours of farming and loitering in the Bazaar hoping to buy a few flowers or a pearl. There should be a better way.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If you pick up reagents as you go, you should be missing only black lotus, black pearls, and bloodmoss when you get to the crafting quests by the end of each world.

I find bloodmoss the worst to get myself, but as I proceed in play I either buy mandrake or spend some time farming it in the several locations previosly posted on these boards.

I find the black lotus/pearl not to be an issue, I just set aside about two hours at an off time (my favorite is a Sunday evening after 10 pm pacific) and farm...you get all you need for the crafting quests in DS in the two hours.

I can see the upset in some players who want to play non-perfect realms at heavy populated times....but you should really rethink these realms & times if you want to be a crafter without competetion for the reagents.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
I completly agree just waiting at the bazzar is no help because there are many people waiting for pearls i managed to get five but it cost me over the rewarded gold. The transmute is ridiculous to expect 15 black loyus when you cant even find 15 please either in crease the number of lotuses and black pearl combinations or lower the transmute.

I retrried to harrvest lotus and came up well but no pearls. i did get enough for 2 transmute. the best rout is the cave of solitude using the teleporter stones.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
they don't need to make blsck pearls more common they need to make black lotuses more abondent the dimond thing wasn't to hard because ore is in every world and every streat now it's inposible to find black lotus and even more inpossible to find blck pearls i am frustraded

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
i would tend to agree the the black lotus and black pearls are just to hard to locate i have spent many many many hours changing realms looking for them .the people that say they find them in 2 hours have got to be joking it takes much longer then that just to get 15 lotus that is changing realms every couple of min. this morning alone i spent almost 3 hours looking for the black lotus and found 15 between 3 full pages of realms . i use the cave of solitude as the starting point and use the teleporters . i have not seen even 1 black pearl for sale at the bazzar or any black lotus .the crafting quests are just tedious time wasters that offer nothing in return except a couple of gold that you probably do not need by the time you get the quest anyway . i guess that is why they are optional..........................

Hero
May 27, 2009
I've been using the Tree of Life instance to get stone blocks, and I've sold black pearls and black lotus at the bazaar in the past few days. In a way, I feel sorry for people who depend on the Bazaar to get their reagents, but to each their own -- I prefer to find my stuff rather than buy it.

It's hard, but not impossible.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
If you REALLY need to get black lotuses fast and black pearls go to the ancient buile grounds in MS. just switch relms every circet and you can them fast.